Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
currylover

surgery

Post by currylover » Tue, 28 Apr 2009 11:40 pm

hmm.seems almost everyone going to dr nara at hatyai for ps...must be goodddd....makes me rethink of my schedule with dr pat at tokai....

anyone here done rhinoplasty at tokai..care to share....

love
currylover

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Re: Thank you! Very helpful

Post by aadvark » Wed, 29 Apr 2009 1:37 am

backwardscarousel wrote:
Oh no, does that mean that he'll possibly reject doing PS on you if you insist on something he think would not look natural? I think its good that he wants his patients to look natural in the end, but sometimes I think for PS what some of us want is more change in addition to enhancement :/
when nara uses the word "natural", i dun think it means subtle till no one can tell the difference. it's more of aesthetically pleasing so it balances the harmony in the facial proportions; as opposed to 'unnatural' where it throws the balance off

And i will prefer my dr to insist a little rather than give in to everything i want. He has decades of experience dealing with plastic surgery, i dun see why he shld submit to the whims and fancies of his patients, especially if he doesn't think it will turn out ok.

We may think we call the shots, cos we are paying for it, but if it does turn out unnatural, it's his reputation at stake

case in pt: hello84 did his nose in sg. he told the doc he wanted a longer tip and the doc gave it to him, and it was too long and caused extrusion instead. when he went bk to the doc, the doc told him, u wanted a longer tip ma. so be careful what u wish for

everyone in here is entitled to their own opinion, but i dunnoe why many can ignore 20 good reviews and assume the 1 negative opinion to be the voice of truth. are we truly that cynical?

*once again, i am not an agent of Nara's, just a grateful patient*
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Wed, 29 Apr 2009 9:32 pm

Read this from divaasia.com

===================

Jolin Tsai and her five cosmetic surgeries

POP princess Jolin Tsai has undergone five surgeries to enhance her looks. This was told by local aesthetic surgeon Dr Woffles Wu to Lianhe Wanbao.

Following the tremendous success of her first single "Living with the world", which was released in 1999, Jolin has captured the hearts of Mandarin pop followers ever since.

But rumours of her change in physical appearance has also been rife.

Dr Wu pointed out that when Jolin first started her career in the entertainment industry, she looked very much like the typical China doll - the shape of her face was round and undefined.

"She's got quite a pretty girl-next-door look, but she looked too innocent and childish.

"She looked like she lacked worldly experience," told Dr Wu to Lianhe Wanbao.

Dr Wu told the Chinese evening daily that Jolin now looks more mature, her features are sharp, defined, proportionate and she now looks like the "conventional beauty".

He pointed out five areas which he reckoned Jolin had aesthetic enhancements but he also disclaimed his speculations, saying that it could also be due to make-up techniques.

"We have to admit that make-up does wonders!", said Dr Wu.

Here's what Dr Wu thinks:

Nose
The bridge is obviously higher and it is definitely sharper. This has altered her entire look dramatically.

Eyes
Her eyes are obviously larger now. This could be due to make up but if her eyes still look the same without make-up, then it definitely means that she did something to her eyes.

Eyebags
Upon close observation, Jolin used to have eyebags that were rather obvious, but now it seems like they have disappeared. It has also given her a "cleaner" and fresher look. Draining away excess fats in eyebags also causes the eyes to look larger and more natural.

Lips
Her lips look slightly fuller now. This could be due to lipstick but Jolin might have enhanced them.

Breasts
"I don't even need to look at her old pictures to guess that she probably needs some assistance there", said Dr Wu.

He pointed out that breast augmentation does not necessarily have to be done using breast implants - injections are also another way to make the breasts fuller.

However, Dr Wu noted that there are people who are slim yet well-endowed and Jolin might possibly be one of the "luckier" ones.

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Thu, 30 Apr 2009 9:24 am

aadvark wrote:Read this from divaasia.com

===================

Jolin Tsai and her five cosmetic surgeries

POP princess Jolin Tsai has undergone five surgeries to enhance her looks. This was told by local aesthetic surgeon Dr Woffles Wu to Lianhe Wanbao.

Following the tremendous success of her first single "Living with the world", which was released in 1999, Jolin has captured the hearts of Mandarin pop followers ever since.

But rumours of her change in physical appearance has also been rife.

Dr Wu pointed out that when Jolin first started her career in the entertainment industry, she looked very much like the typical China doll - the shape of her face was round and undefined.

"She's got quite a pretty girl-next-door look, but she looked too innocent and childish.

"She looked like she lacked worldly experience," told Dr Wu to Lianhe Wanbao.

Dr Wu told the Chinese evening daily that Jolin now looks more mature, her features are sharp, defined, proportionate and she now looks like the "conventional beauty".

He pointed out five areas which he reckoned Jolin had aesthetic enhancements but he also disclaimed his speculations, saying that it could also be due to make-up techniques.

"We have to admit that make-up does wonders!", said Dr Wu.

Here's what Dr Wu thinks:

Nose
The bridge is obviously higher and it is definitely sharper. This has altered her entire look dramatically.

Eyes
Her eyes are obviously larger now. This could be due to make up but if her eyes still look the same without make-up, then it definitely means that she did something to her eyes.

Eyebags
Upon close observation, Jolin used to have eyebags that were rather obvious, but now it seems like they have disappeared. It has also given her a "cleaner" and fresher look. Draining away excess fats in eyebags also causes the eyes to look larger and more natural.

Lips
Her lips look slightly fuller now. This could be due to lipstick but Jolin might have enhanced them.

Breasts
"I don't even need to look at her old pictures to guess that she probably needs some assistance there", said Dr Wu.

He pointed out that breast augmentation does not necessarily have to be done using breast implants - injections are also another way to make the breasts fuller.

However, Dr Wu noted that there are people who are slim yet well-endowed and Jolin might possibly be one of the "luckier" ones.
He very daring, but also know how to cover his ass!!

publicity i guess..

currylover

Post by currylover » Fri, 01 May 2009 4:54 pm

its understandable that jolin tsai celebrity needs ps to gain more fans and shes always in the limelight and she has a lot of money to spent and she deserve it from her hardwork!!

but the truest lady with reallly suprising great talent doesnt need ps like susan boyle from tv show talent' britain got talent'..i envy her reallyy...she makes everybody stood up and listen to her..cos she look somewhat ordinary when she went on stage...almost everybody in the audience doubt her....and boy!!! when she start singing almost everyone was speechless...so to say dont judge a book by its cover..salute to herr!!!bravo!!!

If only our mindest can be changed and all tv show stop stereotyping between the good and the bad and the ugly by the way we look..the people around the world will look more natural and wrinkled..hahah

welll im not saying ps is not good..its help ones career..im sure once susan boyle career in singing starts moving up and she starting to becoming more famous and alot of sponsorship coming in...she too will need to get in shape and with a lil help in between...

love
currylover
:lol:

Pinkyice
Regular
Regular

Post by Pinkyice » Fri, 01 May 2009 5:50 pm

currylover wrote:but the truest lady with reallly suprising great talent doesnt need ps like susan boyle from tv show talent' britain got talent'..i envy her reallyy...she makes everybody stood up and listen to her..cos she look somewhat ordinary when she went on stage...almost everybody in the audience doubt her....and boy!!! when she start singing almost everyone was speechless...so to say dont judge a book by its cover..salute to herr!!!bravo!!!
Susan boyle had a mini-makeover, despite claims to the contrary.

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sat, 02 May 2009 12:09 pm

Pinkyice wrote:
currylover wrote:but the truest lady with reallly suprising great talent doesnt need ps like susan boyle from tv show talent' britain got talent'..i envy her reallyy...she makes everybody stood up and listen to her..cos she look somewhat ordinary when she went on stage...almost everybody in the audience doubt her....and boy!!! when she start singing almost everyone was speechless...so to say dont judge a book by its cover..salute to herr!!!bravo!!!
Susan boyle had a mini-makeover, despite claims to the contrary.
ironically, susan boyle gets so much attention due to the fact that she is NOT attractive. She has an amazing voice, but so do many others out of the 6 billion people in the world; we have definitely heard similar if not better voices before.

she got our attention because we didn't expect her to sing well; to sound as dowdy as her appearance. Susan boyle performed beyond everyone's expectations, which is why she captured our hearts.

the clip is edited perfectly, the audience captured sneering at her when she announced she wanted to be a professional singer, and then their faces turning to surprise when she sang. truly a beautiful tv moment :D

divi1107

Re: hai guys

Post by divi1107 » Sat, 02 May 2009 6:24 pm

currylover wrote:after reading this forum pages and after pages..i have decided to do rhinoplasty in tokai in june ..i have seen this forum with a lot of good reviews about the clinic and decided to go for it..all in all my budget is about 2-3k sgd and i think to myself its going to be alright..i pray and pray hopes goes well..

pls if anyone has any recommendations on hotels or any feedback on the clinic pls advice me..i would be deeply appreciated if you do.. :D
love

currylover
Hi Currylover,
this forum is so informative and gave me the courage to walk into Yanhee Hospital on my own and ask for Dr Greechart for my eyebag removal.
If i wasn't so informed by this forum, i would have walked out of Yanhee as their price is relatively cheaper compared to Yorskarn clinic/PAI by 50% . Dont expect great service if you doing day surgery eg nose/eye as the wait is really long to see Dr Greechart and you queue up with the locals. I think you would get better service when you need to be warded as they have an International Ward.
However, for the price and the skill of Dr Greechart. it was all WORTH IT!
Did my eye 27th April, remove stitches yesterday...still abit swollen...
He does countless nose/eye job everyday that if you ask him if you should do both together, his answer would be eye 20-30 min, nose also 30 min! No doubt at all with him. Eye is US $540/nose $540.
I did the eye but chicken out on the nose. regret it now, will go back in July to see him.

Tks again forummers who rec Dr Greechart

divi1107

Post by divi1107 » Sat, 02 May 2009 6:35 pm

I was booked to see Dr Somyos at Yoskarn Clinic which charge US$1000 for eyebag removal, but he lectures in the day so consultation can only be done after 5pm. I couldn't lose a day as i only had 4.5 days in Bangkok. If you prefer more personalise service and attention then Yoskarn and PAI maybe more suitable for u as they will fetch and send u from airport/hotel etc . For Yanhee hospital u have to get there yourself.

if you have friends going with u or u are mentally ready, then no need to pay premium cos Dr Greechart is really skilful.

currylover

Post by currylover » Sun, 03 May 2009 5:12 pm

divi1107 wrote:
currylover wrote:after reading this forum pages and after pages..i have decided to do rhinoplasty in tokai in june ..i have seen this forum with a lot of good reviews about the clinic and decided to go for it..all in all my budget is about 2-3k sgd and i think to myself its going to be alright..i pray and pray hopes goes well..

pls if anyone has any recommendations on hotels or any feedback on the clinic pls advice me..i would be deeply appreciated if you do.. :D
love

currylover
Hi Currylover,
this forum is so informative and gave me the courage to walk into Yanhee Hospital on my own and ask for Dr Greechart for my eyebag removal.
If i wasn't so informed by this forum, i would have walked out of Yanhee as their price is relatively cheaper compared to Yorskarn clinic/PAI by 50% . Dont expect great service if you doing day surgery eg nose/eye as the wait is really long to see Dr Greechart and you queue up with the locals. I think you would get better service when you need to be warded as they have an International Ward.
He does countless nose/eye job everyday that if you ask him if you should do both together, his answer would be eye 20-30 min, nose also 30 min! No doubt at all with him. Eye is US $540/nose $540.
I did the eye but chicken out on the nose. regret it now, will go back in July to see him.

i wanna go to yanhee...but the waiting for the email from them is taking forever...i know yanhee reputation is good..theres tons of patients who goes there...and sticking to tokai...alil bit more cost but i may get personalised service..hehehe

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sun, 03 May 2009 10:48 pm

currylover wrote:
divi1107 wrote:

love

currylover
Hi Currylover,

i wanna go to yanhee...but the waiting for the email from them is taking forever...i know yanhee reputation is good..theres tons of patients who goes there...and sticking to tokai...alil bit more cost but i may get personalised service..hehehe
if you do more and bargain well enough, tokai can actually be cheaper than yanhee, which is why i did so many ops there :)

tweetyger1983

liposuction

Post by tweetyger1983 » Mon, 04 May 2009 2:07 am

hi anybody had done liposuction from Dr Nara care to share your experience the result and the down time .As i thought of going for lipo in july or august...

Thank you ....

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular

Post by ukorientalgirl » Mon, 04 May 2009 3:04 am

anyone going/been to yorkarn? I plan to go this August, still not heard much personal feedback but I hear he has a great reputation. Plan to do rhino, eyelid revision and eyelash transplantation.

x

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Re: liposuction

Post by aadvark » Mon, 04 May 2009 10:55 am

tweetyger1983 wrote:hi anybody had done liposuction from Dr Nara care to share your experience the result and the down time .As i thought of going for lipo in july or august...

Thank you ....
plenty have done it and it's all detailed inside this thread, do a search on lipo

backwardscarousel

Re: Thank you! Very helpful

Post by backwardscarousel » Tue, 05 May 2009 12:25 am

aadvark wrote:when nara uses the word "natural", i dun think it means subtle till no one can tell the difference. it's more of aesthetically pleasing so it balances the harmony in the facial proportions; as opposed to 'unnatural' where it throws the balance off

And i will prefer my dr to insist a little rather than give in to everything i want. He has decades of experience dealing with plastic surgery, i dun see why he shld submit to the whims and fancies of his patients, especially if he doesn't think it will turn out ok.

We may think we call the shots, cos we are paying for it, but if it does turn out unnatural, it's his reputation at stake

case in pt: hello84 did his nose in sg. he told the doc he wanted a longer tip and the doc gave it to him, and it was too long and caused extrusion instead. when he went bk to the doc, the doc told him, u wanted a longer tip ma. so be careful what u wish for

everyone in here is entitled to their own opinion, but i dunnoe why many can ignore 20 good reviews and assume the 1 negative opinion to be the voice of truth. are we truly that cynical?

*once again, i am not an agent of Nara's, just a grateful patient*
Thanks for your reply, true. I agree that it's better to have a considerate doctor then one who gives in to all your demans. I think you got me wrong. I'm in no way dissing or doubting Dr. Nara's skill as a PS surgeon. I know he's good, just look at all the pages here (: I just wanted to know if he would reject you as his patient if both your ideas clash.