Singapore Expats

Cheap Places to Live

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
Myrona

Cheap Places to Live

Post by Myrona » Mon, 27 Apr 2009 3:53 pm

I'm thinking of moving to Singapore (from HK) in the next few months and if I do, I will be working at (or very close to) NUH. I've been perusing the site for a couple of weeks and I know that transport is fairly good so there is no need to look for a place relatively close to work - so my question is this: where are the less expensive places to live? I'm 30 so I guess I'm looking at places with a youngish vibe. I'll be on my own and prefer to live in a condo rather than government subsidised housing. Cheers.

P.S. I apologise if this has been asked numerous times - just point me too the right thread and I'm there.

Search By

playhere

Post by playhere » Mon, 27 Apr 2009 4:35 pm

Condo.. renting are unlikely going to be cheap actually.. You can try co-renting it with a few people.. that might be cheaper

Myrona

Post by Myrona » Mon, 27 Apr 2009 4:46 pm

Thanks for the reply.... another question: where do most young expats (single/married) live?

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Mon, 27 Apr 2009 6:43 pm

Myrona wrote:Thanks for the reply.... another question: where do most young expats (single/married) live?
everywhere in the island (really).

Tammy138
Regular
Regular

Post by Tammy138 » Tue, 12 May 2009 4:01 am

Myrona...i am moving to singapore and also is from hk. have you managed to find somewhere to live? as i am also looking for condos and thought we can compare notes : )

and yes, i am in the same age bracket as you too!

Myrona

Post by Myrona » Tue, 12 May 2009 1:08 pm

Tammy138 wrote:Myrona...i am moving to singapore and also is from hk. have you managed to find somewhere to live? as i am also looking for condos and thought we can compare notes : )

and yes, i am in the same age bracket as you too!
Heya Tammy - I'm still in HK. Dunno when I'll be starting but it looks like it'll be in August sometime. I've just been doing some googling at the mo and probably have narrowed my region to the north of Singapore and possibly to the west... though, I'm not that fussed.... but as long as it's green and I don't look out my window and see concrete and pollution. :P