Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Claireletricia

Post by Claireletricia » Fri, 17 Apr 2009 1:41 pm

redhairclip

Thanks alot as I'm really really concern about it.You ease my heart a bit now.Haha.One last one,During the 3rd round of interview with is the water confident test(I suppose) Their ask to be wearing swimsuit right?wont that be exposed LOL o.0
Were you ask to declare any tattoos in the application form?

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Fri, 17 Apr 2009 2:46 pm

Claireletricia wrote:redhairclip

Thanks alot as I'm really really concern about it.You ease my heart a bit now.Haha.One last one,During the 3rd round of interview with is the water confident test(I suppose) Their ask to be wearing swimsuit right?wont that be exposed LOL o.0
Were you ask to declare any tattoos in the application form?
There are no water confident test anymore. 3rd round is the 1 - 1 interview.
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

Claireletricia

Post by Claireletricia » Fri, 17 Apr 2009 3:10 pm

ohhh..when did that happen?

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Fri, 17 Apr 2009 3:36 pm

Claireletricia wrote:ohhh..when did that happen?
Since last year recruitment already no water confident test.
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

Claireletricia

Post by Claireletricia » Fri, 17 Apr 2009 3:40 pm

Haha I tot they very anal about the skin everything,like pageant.what if they found out during training lols

christineyuki

Post by christineyuki » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 1:27 am

aloyscious wrote:lol, wait till 2011 ...:)
2011? Who told you that?
一緒に青い空へ~

Girashley

Post by Girashley » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 7:31 pm

talking about skin...i was like wondering any SIA Girls have anyone seen is with nose Piercing?
Not with a stud, i mean maybe like a nose Piercing scar or a hole?
Or izzit SIA totally cannot get any 1 with a nose Piercing?

redhairclip

Post by redhairclip » Mon, 20 Apr 2009 12:58 am

christineyuki,

i think nobody knows exactly when recruitment will start again.. so don't worry! but personally, i doubt it'll take 2 whole years for the company to start employing again! :)

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 20 Apr 2009 2:27 am

redhairclip wrote:christineyuki,

i doubt it'll take 2 whole years for the company to start employing again! :)
With 17 aircraft despatched to the desert it may well be the best part of. :(

kelsen83

Post by kelsen83 » Mon, 20 Apr 2009 12:15 pm

Hi everyone..

Just wanna share that the load on SQ flights are picking up so for those who have passed the interviews and are currently waiting for the company to call them, don't lose heart! :wink:

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 20 Apr 2009 2:56 pm

Because of the many cancelled flights, the pax are being consolidated to one flight therefore you might think that the load has pick up. Most of the flights now are only maximum 1 way full in Economy only, First and Business class load are very bad. Most of those who travel now booked their their tickets 3-6 months ago when the downturn has not hit us hard yet.More people are tightening their budget now so for the next 6-9 mths there are going to be less booking. The 08-09 financial year had just ended, if there are many companies announcing that they are making a loss then there will a 2nd round of panic, further deepen the crisis...

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 20 Apr 2009 3:01 pm

Once the economy pick up there will be recruitment. Instead of guessing when is the next recruitment try to forecast when the economy will pick up :wink: Could be tomorrow or many many years down the road......no one can tell.... :roll:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 20 Apr 2009 3:31 pm

Abercrombie wrote: Could be tomorrow
Bit optimistic Abercrombie, the economy isn't likely to pick up until 2010 and even then very slowly. :o

mayoliss

Post by mayoliss » Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:24 pm

Hi fellow friends, I just got to know this forum because I am searching for information about being a part of CC. I am a newbie and pardon me for asking dumb questions.

I am 19 this year and is still studying in polytechnic. I hope to go for the interview the next time when time allows me to.

I've been reading the pages in this topic but there are still a few questions I wish to clarify:

1. Do they look at scars on the legs too?

2. Am I able to hide my scars on my legs from them by wearing pants/jeans for the interview? Will they eventually see my scars and kick me out upon acceptance to my entry?

3. Are all the rounds of interview happen on 1 day itself or it is separated into different days?

4. Some of my friends say that the basic pay isn't estimated $3500 that much. Is it true?

Thanks in advance to those who can help me in this. I am really interested in pursuing Airline services. :)

christineyuki

Post by christineyuki » Wed, 22 Apr 2009 2:21 pm

They don't really care about the scars on the legs as the kebaya will be able to cover it.
一緒に青い空へ~