Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
goodearth100

Post by goodearth100 » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 5:00 am

aadvark wrote:
cersepn wrote:
curiousdreaming wrote: btw, is this naive, or is it that lipo should be fairly straightforward... just suction of fat, right? I mean, how hard can that be? I would be more concerned with nose or jaw jobs cos you're looking for a specific shape?

I guess that gives me time to order the Marena garments though. any idea where I can get Sineech? I am based in HK.
No it isn't. Lipo is one of the most dangerous cosmetic procedures with the highest fatality rates. I'm not trying to scare you but the statistics prove this; just do a google search and you'll see what i mean.

It's not that the surgery is extremely technical; taking out fats upsets the balance in the body and unfortunately i'm not well-versed in lipo to fill you in on the details but the act of taking out fats is quite dangerous.
yup, i think asiaone had a few articles on lipo deaths in m'sia in the past year. one was a datuk's wife, the other was this lady who did lipo 15 times, and fell into a coma (posted this article a few pages back).

kanye west's mum, donda west (a professor no less), also died from lipo, creating quite a bit of controversy, because the surgeon was showcased on oprah quite a few times.

a botched nose or eye job will at most result in ugliness, a botched lipo could mean death
Ok, this is the what really happened to both women who died. Both of them had tummy tuck. Both of them were under GA. Both of them died because their heart failed them. The first one, the MP's wife, was done in a local clinic. that clinic is very famous among the royals and socialites in malaysia. also politicians. they have a puppet certified PS on board but all the surgeries are performed by the orthopedic surgeon without any training in PS. She was under GA for 9 hours. First the doctor fixed her eye bags, the moved to other parts of her face and then tummy tuck. Tummy tuck is a very intricate and dangerous surgery because of the size area and types of tissue involved. They actually managed to finish the whole thing but her heart failed her in the middle of the night and she was rushed to a heart centre. She died after months of coma. The clinic is still operating and no one's practising license has been revoked. I still see the boss giving nonsensical advice on magazines promoting Fraxel everywhere.

The second lady who died recently went for liposuction EVERY MONTH consecutively for quite some times and the procedure that took her life was the final tummy tuck that she opted to have in a hospital with the same doctor. She was also under GA and her heart failed her in the middle of the surgery too.

Both cases have its root in GA. GA itself is dangerous. I myself do not respond well to GA. I will shiver and vomit terribly. The quality of the aneasthetic drug also makes alot of difference. I doubt they were diven good quality ones. So it is actually to have procedure performed under LA with sedation unless it can only be performed under GA.

As for liposuction, oh dear God, my first liposuction was so truamaticing that it took me a long time to dig up my guts to do revision. I had traditional lipo at the beginning many years ago. A much thicker cannula was inserted and the horrible process of poking began. This is the only way to loosen up the fat cells. The poking practically destroyed all the tissues and blood vassels that so much fluid and blood were sucks up together with fats. The dr gave me BLOOD TRANSFUSION becuase of the amount of blood that I've lost. And because of the amount of the blood that I've lost, the doctor had to finish up the procedure. This mean I lost more blood than fats. And when I woke up from GA, I was in hell. Not only it was extremely painful, I always vomitting and shivering none stop. And I was so swollen that I had to hide at home for 2 weeks They say liposuction is like having a truck runs over your body. It's true for traditional lipo. But i think even a truck will give you a smoother coutour.

So last year I was finally psychologically strong enough to do a revision. I opted for VASER from another doctor. It was heaven. I was under LA and sedation so beside feeling a bit dizzy when I woke up, there was no other complications at all. There were so little bruises and swelling, and REALLY no pain at all. The doctor inflitrated the area with a solution which will loosen up the fat cells, numb the area and also minimise bleeding. then the cannula is inserted into the treatment area. the ultrasound waves produced by the tip of the cannula will break down the fat cells without destroying the surrounding tissues and blood vassels. the liquefied fat is then sucked up together with the solution.

the dr said there will be liquid (the solution) leaking out from the incisions for the first night so asked me to gently massage the area to squeeze out those fluid once I got home. After that, beside a little swollen, I felt nothing at all. My mum saw how comfortable I was that she actually went for it herself. 1st she did her arms and her breast. after that she went back for her tummy. We actually went Taka straight away after the tummy Vaser. No one knew we had Vaser. So it says alot about the swelling and brusing.

Both old and new incisions lie side by side each other. those new ones are so much smaller and are fading away without forming keloids although they are only a few months old. But those old one are much longer, dark in colour and raised.

so if you are thinking of getting a traditional lipo with GA, please reconsider. Fat removal really shouldnt be painful.

Blurze

Post by Blurze » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 11:24 am

Hi cpawl,

Did you buy sinecch to eat, heard that it reduce swelling and bruising. Did Dr nara do open incision? any liquid fluid leak out from the wound. Is your arm swelling very bad.

Have a speedy recovery.......
cpawl wrote:Hi, I just returned from doing my love handles he called me in because he had time left to get me done to night. Because i am white my bruises are very bad and I had lots of fat removed. This morning I was feeling sick and a bit sorry for my self but I had 2 hour nap and then felt much better.! paid total for tummy and love handle and my eye bag removed was 27000 baht that's about 950.00 Canadian dollars which is cheap.

My sister is of normal weight and had about 500cc of fluid taken out she is only a bit red and feels fine.

To night Dr nara gave me more sedation because it was hard for me yesterday. Hes such a nice man.
I go back tomorrow so he can put on different bandges so I can have a shower and I need it.

EnvyMe
Regular
Regular

Post by EnvyMe » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 2:19 pm

cpawl wrote:Hi, every one,
I had my first appointment with Dr Nara on Friday and tummy lipo and eye bag removal. The day of surgery I felt no pain but to day my tummy is very sore. I have to go back on Sunday to finish my love handles but I might chicken out because of the pain and how black and blue I am. I had one liter of fluid removed.

I also wanted to say very nice Dr nara is. I was very scared and he made me feel comfortable with every thing he was doing.

cindy
Hi Cpawl, were you able to shower after you done your lipo? Did you wear compression garments??

Thanks!!

Speedy recovery!!!

EnvyMe
Regular
Regular

Post by EnvyMe » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 2:21 pm

By the way can anyone here advice if Dr Nara or his nurse has replied you on the email?

Because I emailed him about 3 days ago till now have not receive any reply. I didn't send long message, just enquire about booking 3 days appointment with him.

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 2:32 pm

EnvyMe wrote:By the way can anyone here advice if Dr Nara or his nurse has replied you on the email?

Because I emailed him about 3 days ago till now have not receive any reply. I didn't send long message, just enquire about booking 3 days appointment with him.
wait patiently, he is a busy guy...but it's his nurse or Ning, another doctor that replies the email.

EnvyMe
Regular
Regular

Post by EnvyMe » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 3:17 pm

Brenton wrote:
EnvyMe wrote:By the way can anyone here advice if Dr Nara or his nurse has replied you on the email?

wait patiently, he is a busy guy...but it's his nurse or Ning, another doctor that replies the email.
Okok, thanks.

Brenton how is your nose and eyes coming? Your eyes are damn gorgeous now, bet after all the swells gone you'll have a pair of charming eyes. ^^ Very nice surgery done.

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 4:27 pm

EnvyMe wrote:
Brenton wrote:

Okok, thanks.

Brenton how is your nose and eyes coming? Your eyes are damn gorgeous now, bet after all the swells gone you'll have a pair of charming eyes. ^^ Very nice surgery done.
My nose look smaller already even without reduction done....
now just waiting for the tip to go down further.

Eyes wise, i am gonna reserve my comments, apparently there are pple who like them and pple who hates them.
Pple who know me are still not used to the super high crease i have now.
When the swelling goes down, i hope it will turn out great.
But i think i look more alert now no matter what :)

iamsher

Care to share your experiences

Post by iamsher » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 4:41 pm

Hi all,

Could anyone care to share your experiences with Dr Nara for your eyelid surgery and cheek implant. As well as your Nose Surgery with Dr Puttisak?
I saw Dr Nara's before and afters in his website but as for Dr Puttisak, i could'nt find any, if possible, could some of you journalize your experience here? I'm considering getting it done end of this year.

cpawl

Post by cpawl » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 4:46 pm

Hi, yes i was able to shower today after I went back this morning and they put a water proof dressing on but I can not get any water on my eye area until my stitches come out on the april 21. I feel completely normal today. Iam so glade that I did this.

Cindy

Blurze

Post by Blurze » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 4:52 pm

Hi Cpawl,

How's your wound healing up? Did nara do open incison for lipo. Does any fluid flow out of the wound... Would be appreciate for your reply......
cpawl wrote:Hi, yes i was able to shower today after I went back this morning and they put a water proof dressing on but I can not get any water on my eye area until my stitches come out on the april 21. I feel completely normal today. Iam so glade that I did this.

Cindy

cpawl

Post by cpawl » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 6:26 pm

Hi I did not have any leakage from the four incision but I do have 4 or 5 stitches in each incision that need to come out in 7 days. I will have to find a doc in Bangkok to take them out.I think im healing well. No infection or pain near the incisions. I am finding that I need a nap in the after noon as Im very tied could be just jet lag or its my body trying to heal.

You can ask all the questions you like, I know how scary it is to make and do PS.

Cindy

cpawl

Post by cpawl » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 6:32 pm

sorry I for got to answer that Iam warning a comparison garment day and night and i will continue until some of the swelling goes down. One more thing I have almost no real pain to day unless i touch my tummy but i can move around easily.

Cindy

spammama

Post by spammama » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 8:51 pm

goodearth100 wrote:

so if you are thinking of getting a traditional lipo with GA, please reconsider. Fat removal really shouldnt be painful.

Hi GOODEARTH100, >> This traditional lipo you had ... would you know if it is the same as what Dr Nara performs? According to Blurze (thanks for your reply!), Dr Nara performs Tumescent Lipo.

HI CPAWL >> What kind of sedation did Dr Nara give you?

goodearth100

Post by goodearth100 » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 9:17 pm

no, the one that Dr Nara is using is a much better one. the cannula is smaller. And the are is pumped up with solution. Have never done that before so can't give you more imput. Sorry.

(please discard this post)
Last edited by goodearth100 on Sun, 19 Apr 2009 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goodearth100

Post by goodearth100 » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 9:26 pm

Ok Spammama, may be I was wrong. I think it is better for you to check with Dr Nara. Cause read this:

http://www.infoplasticsurgery.com/bodyc ... sonic.html