Singapore Expats

Any one stayed/worked in HK before?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
munckyfun

Any one stayed/worked in HK before?

Post by munckyfun » Thu, 02 Apr 2009 6:12 pm

I will be moving over from Singapore to HK in Jul. Trying to do some research before this blind move. however, they don't seem to have a very organized expat website like what we have for Singapore here. Information scatters and comes in pieces. Any one who can share some good website where I can go and check their property rental, lifestyle, shopping, HK island ABC..etc?
Any suggestions/advices on what is the ideal area to stay, do and don'ts..etc are welcomed..

munckyfun

Post by munckyfun » Sun, 05 Apr 2009 10:58 pm

anyone has experience to share?

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Mon, 06 Apr 2009 1:39 pm

aiyoooo... go there blind lor and think of it as an experience or adventure. i did. where got so shoik with the internet and online forum to ask before ARPANET? :)

Clytemnestra

Post by Clytemnestra » Mon, 06 Apr 2009 4:55 pm

Hi

I lived in HK before coming here and loved it. Can I ask, do you have children and if so how old are they? Are you going to be driving? Most people don't as the transport system is so good.

A good website for housing was www.gohome.com.hk.

I lived in Discovery Bay, which is a great place for people with kids. www.discoverybayforum.com

www.hkexpats.com was a popular website.

Good luck!

carrie n

Post by carrie n » Tue, 07 Apr 2009 1:25 am

www.gohome.com.hk.
is a good website, of course, you can check the property website for hk like 中原 OR 美聯, i flight constantly between two countries, yet i really don't like the humid climate in hk sometimes lar, yet don;t worry, the rental price comes lower these months

joewandy

Re: Any one stayed/worked in HK before?

Post by joewandy » Fri, 10 Apr 2009 10:01 am

munckyfun wrote:they don't seem to have a very organized expat website like what we have for Singapore here
Your google-fu has failed you :D Check out this Hong Kong forum.

Myrona

Re: Any one stayed/worked in HK before?

Post by Myrona » Tue, 14 Apr 2009 2:47 pm

munckyfun wrote:I will be moving over from Singapore to HK in Jul. Trying to do some research before this blind move. however, they don't seem to have a very organized expat website like what we have for Singapore here. Information scatters and comes in pieces. Any one who can share some good website where I can go and check their property rental, lifestyle, shopping, HK island ABC..etc?
Any suggestions/advices on what is the ideal area to stay, do and don'ts..etc are welcomed..
A good expat site in HK is http://www.geoexpat.com. I would have to say it's very well organised.