Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Tue, 14 Apr 2009 8:24 am

spammama wrote: Thanks for your reply. Very helpful, I will definitely strike Indra off my list then. Anyone can direct me to an online agent for booking of Hatyai hotels? I can't seem to find any ...
The hotel rate is cheap there, I don't mind paying abit more for the room to get a better rest after surgery.

Can consider the junior suite in Lee Garden Plaza about $60 plus per nite.

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Tue, 14 Apr 2009 8:29 am

Brenton wrote:Thank you everyone for the encouragement :)

As i am healing quite fast, i hope the crease will go down further and this is not the final height.

I tried to listen to aadvark and not to look at the mirror, but in the end, i did exactly the opposite..
I keep looking at the mirror to make myself get used to the new look..

Heehee, hope when i post the 1 month pic, it would look better
I pray for your result as I am planning to do the same surgery with dr nara :D

winter21
Regular
Regular

Post by winter21 » Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:05 am

As i am healing quite fast, i hope the crease will go down further and this is not the final height.

I tried to listen to aadvark and not to look at the mirror, but in the end, i did exactly the opposite..

Hi there...

I hope u r recovering well & feeling better each day with yr new look. =)
I have book my appointment with Dr putt in May. But... right now.. I'm not sure abt my decisions. Will you help/enlighten me?

My friends discourage me to have rhinoplasty. Giving me reasons it will affect my life, as in i have to be careful not to knock onto things, ppl cant touch/pinch my nose etc. Worst, if i will accident.. my nose will be crook and need a revise op.

Are you now very careful n worry to bump onto doors or avoiding ppl touching yr nose? How long later will the nose be ready for touching??

Sorry for my lengthy post.

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:34 am

winter21 wrote:My friends discourage me to have rhinoplasty. Giving me reasons it will affect my life, as in i have to be careful not to knock onto things, ppl cant touch/pinch my nose etc. Worst, if i will accident.. my nose will be crook and need a revise op.
Hi dude,

Your friend may have good intention but if worry nose knocks onto things got to give up rhinoplasty ... then worry car knocks onto things also got to give up driving lor.

Put it this way, if accident does happened, any nose could be broken with or without getting the nose done.

If you think you will feel better in life after getting the nose done then just do it. 8-)

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Tue, 14 Apr 2009 2:41 pm

winter21 wrote:

Hi there...

I have book my appointment with Dr putt in May. But... right now.. I'm not sure abt my decisions. Will you help/enlighten me?

My friends discourage me to have rhinoplasty. Giving me reasons it will affect my life, as in i have to be careful not to knock onto things, ppl cant touch/pinch my nose etc. Worst, if i will accident.. my nose will be crook and need a revise op.

Are you now very careful n worry to bump onto doors or avoiding ppl touching yr nose? How long later will the nose be ready for touching??

I am not sure about the implant Dr putt use..but if it's the same medical grade soft implant, i think you need not worry....

Being a very curious person, on the 6th day after operation, i was already trying to figure out what can be done to my nose le.
I felt the bridge and tried to shift it.....ok it moved a little bit...so i let it be..Luckily still straight now.

Then i tried the tip, i held the tip and tried bending it right and left....reason being i do not wanted to end up with a hard rigid nose that can't move at all...
To my surprise, the tip is quite soft and flexible, felt like the real nose..i can twist and turn it right and left and it will go back to the original position.
Advantage of an L-implant i guess....Nara told me L-implant is hardest to do but it will hold the implant right in the middle and thus the implant would not shift.

Actually despite me thinking i look weird, i went clubbing last saturday....
I was careful about my nose but still, someone hit it accidentally...
No big deal, no bleeding nothing...just irritated by that person.

I understand how you feel as i did the same consideration. I love to play sports and sometimes wakeboard...

when you fall from wakeboarding into the water, the impact can be quite big...so i was wondering if i shd do rhino. In the end, i decided to do rhino and wakeboard also... :)

Life's short, do what you want and live with no regrets

winter21
Regular
Regular

Post by winter21 » Tue, 14 Apr 2009 3:44 pm

Brenton wrote: I am not sure about the implant Dr putt use..but if it's the same medical grade soft implant, i think you need not worry....

Being a very curious person, on the 6th day after operation, i was already trying to figure out what can be done to my nose le.
I felt the bridge and tried to shift it.....ok it moved a little bit...so i let it be..Luckily still straight now.

Then i tried the tip, i held the tip and tried bending it right and left....reason being i do not wanted to end up with a hard rigid nose that can't move at all...
To my surprise, the tip is quite soft and flexible, felt like the real nose..i can twist and turn it right and left and it will go back to the original position.
Advantage of an L-implant i guess....Nara told me L-implant is hardest to do but it will hold the implant right in the middle and thus the implant would not shift.

Actually despite me thinking i look weird, i went clubbing last saturday....
I was careful about my nose but still, someone hit it accidentally...
No big deal, no bleeding nothing...just irritated by that person.

I understand how you feel as i did the same consideration. I love to play sports and sometimes wakeboard...

when you fall from wakeboarding into the water, the impact can be quite big...so i was wondering if i shd do rhino. In the end, i decided to do rhino and wakeboard also... :)

Life's short, do what you want and live with no regrets
Thanks for your reply! =) Agreed life's short...
Last edited by winter21 on Mon, 08 Jun 2009 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

georginasmilie

Post by georginasmilie » Tue, 14 Apr 2009 4:45 pm

Pinkyice wrote:
ennalove wrote:
Pinkyice wrote:

After your pm, I emailed Dr Putt again and he confirmed to me that he does tiplasty now.
Will be going for the surgery with him on 9 May.
hi Pinkyice, may i know how much Dr Putt quoted you for tipplasty? i asked him twice in the email but he keep mentioning rhino price instead :???:

i will be reaching Hatyai on 1st May, may stay for about aweek, if you going that period, able to meet you too :)
I will reach there on May 9 (sat) and leaving on May 11 (Mon).
The tiplasty is included in the rhinoplasty so I guess that's why he quoted you the price for rhinoplasty.
hi,i will be doin with dr putt on 9th may too..r u gg alone??wanna go tgt??
pls add me at [email protected]

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Tue, 14 Apr 2009 5:00 pm

'Then i tried the tip, i held the tip and tried bending it right and left....reason being i do not wanted to end up with a hard rigid nose that can't move at all..
To my surprise, the tip is quite soft and flexible, felt like the real nose..i can twist and turn it right and left and it will go back to the original position.'

This is to be expected. The bulk of the silicon implant is just the dorsum (bridge) of the nose. In other words, your tip is actually.. still your tip, not one big chunk of silicon. The implant does, to a certain extent, give the tip more projection but it's only a very very small part. As to whether that's good for the nose in long term, that's another discussion by itself lol

"Advantage of an L-implant i guess....Nara told me L-implant is hardest to do but it will hold the implant right in the middle and thus the implant would not shift."
I respect Dr Nara for his skills and as a doctor, and seeing how he's not a native english speaker, he might have not actually intended that meaning.. but it is still untrue.

ANY foreign implant has a tendency to shift, that can't be denied. As to whether L-implants offer more stability, that might be true also, but due to the nature of the L-implant 'pushing' the nasal tip from inside, like a tent pole, there is a higher chance of other complications for L as compared to an I, or whatever shape.

Honestly, if you read any medical literature, you will find that the incidence of shifting, complications etc when foreign implants are used is rather high in rhino.

Brenton: You might wanna be more careful with your nose man. In the first few weeks after rhino, it is the crucial time where your nose tissue starts to heal and offer more stability for the implant. If you mess up this healing stage and the implant shifts, it's pretty bad news. You could shift it back, but obviously that's making it harder for the nose to heal up

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Tue, 14 Apr 2009 7:16 pm

cersepn wrote:'Then i tried the tip, i held the tip and tried bending it right and left....reason being i do not wanted to end up with a hard rigid nose that can't move at all..
To my surprise, the tip is quite soft and flexible, felt like the real nose..i can twist and turn it right and left and it will go back to the original position.'

This is to be expected. The bulk of the silicon implant is just the dorsum (bridge) of the nose. In other words, your tip is actually.. still your tip, not one big chunk of silicon. The implant does, to a certain extent, give the tip more projection but it's only a very very small part. As to whether that's good for the nose in long term, that's another discussion by itself lol

"Advantage of an L-implant i guess....Nara told me L-implant is hardest to do but it will hold the implant right in the middle and thus the implant would not shift."
I respect Dr Nara for his skills and as a doctor, and seeing how he's not a native english speaker, he might have not actually intended that meaning.. but it is still untrue.

ANY foreign implant has a tendency to shift, that can't be denied. As to whether L-implants offer more stability, that might be true also, but due to the nature of the L-implant 'pushing' the nasal tip from inside, like a tent pole, there is a higher chance of other complications for L as compared to an I, or whatever shape.

Honestly, if you read any medical literature, you will find that the incidence of shifting, complications etc when foreign implants are used is rather high in rhino.

Brenton: You might wanna be more careful with your nose man. In the first few weeks after rhino, it is the crucial time where your nose tissue starts to heal and offer more stability for the implant. If you mess up this healing stage and the implant shifts, it's pretty bad news. You could shift it back, but obviously that's making it harder for the nose to heal up
the first few mths is not the time to play man, u might not notice it but u might cause tiny shifts and one day u notice it is slightly crooked.

anyway, after abt 6 mths u dun feel the soreness anymore and u can move ur tip arnd without much problem, if u dare, u can even do a pig nose (albeit limited, cannot push all the way up)
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

kierasee

Post by kierasee » Tue, 14 Apr 2009 7:36 pm

Brenton wrote:Image

That's my original eyes when i am alert....but can get real droopy when i am tired.
This is how they look when i am tired...droopy....sleepy...

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/bren__/9days.jpg[/

This is taken 9 days after surgery. Crease will very high and i dun like it at all...

Frankly speaking, i prefer my old eyes when they are not droopy

Honest opinion from forummers?

Nose-wise, last night suddenly all the swelling went down and look better than my old nose, but when i woke up today, it's back to the bulbous tip...
sigh, dunno how...still waiting for it to be constant and stay normal.
Think i look very fake now...crease too high, nose too big...

Maybe i shd have looked into the mirror and see the crease when nara was making them. Or maybe i shd have just did my nose like aadvark and my friend advised.
Hey Brenton:)

Believe me!!! your eyes look great....they are going to look even better within the next six months. Be patient dude....to me it looks like a job well done.
Body and Face Enhancement!!!

Pinkyice
Regular
Regular

Post by Pinkyice » Wed, 15 Apr 2009 12:25 am

winter21 wrote:

Hi there...

I can empathise with you...I felt the exact same way you did before my first nose implant.
But about a year after my surgery, I won't remember I had an implant unless I go for my facials...lol
Before the implant, I was terrified at what will happen when I have a cold and need to blow my nose etc.
I felt that my second nose implant feels "harder" than the first one I did at Yanhee...but it's only 2 months post op, guess it will feel more natural later.

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Wed, 15 Apr 2009 1:28 am

cersepn, aadvark:

I sorta knew that someone will warned me against it...haha :P

Ok, to avoid pple doing the same thing as me, i would like to emphasize that i did it very carefully.....

And after the warning from both of you, i think i better stop playing with my nose....

haha...It's healing good, swelling went down so much already

People, please dun follow my footstep.....wrong demostration

hahaha

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Wed, 15 Apr 2009 8:55 am

Can we wear sunglass immediately after rhinoplasty to hide our eyes from eyelids sugery? After rhino I suppose its not adviceable to wear glasses till at least a month later right?

shika

Post by shika » Wed, 15 Apr 2009 12:02 pm

Pinkyice wrote:
winter21 wrote:

Hi there...

I can empathise with you...I felt the exact same way you did before my first nose implant.
But about a year after my surgery, I won't remember I had an implant unless I go for my facials...lol
Before the implant, I was terrified at what will happen when I have a cold and need to blow my nose etc.
I felt that my second nose implant feels "harder" than the first one I did at Yanhee...but it's only 2 months post op, guess it will feel more natural later.
PinkIce: Do you mind telling me what happen to your first rhinoplasty at Yanhee?

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Wed, 15 Apr 2009 2:16 pm

kensan wrote:Can we wear sunglass immediately after rhinoplasty to hide our eyes from eyelids sugery? After rhino I suppose its not adviceable to wear glasses till at least a month later right?
Well you can wear.....but only when u r out...do not wear sunglasses or glasses when in hotel/at home