Singapore Expats

Anybody living at Sentosa Cove?

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
MinniMe

Anybody living at Sentosa Cove?

Post by MinniMe » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:42 am

Is there anyone living at Azure or The Berth at Sentose Cove? Are you interested in sharing experience living over there?

We went to see a really nice flat over there, but I was thinking is it "too far away" (in Spore standards)..... how the shuttle bus system works if you have to use it? We have a car, but it's not always at home... :-)

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:27 am

was there on saturday. not the easiest place to goto during the weekend. i think it is easier to go from west to east coast than CBD to sentosa!

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 1:11 pm

We had a look at some of the houses there, and tried a test run during rush our, there's a total bottle neck trying to get onto the Sentosa bridge. Once all the huge condo get finished and occupied that spindly little road will be a grid lock every morning.

We are a bit spoilt now, right next to a nice mall if you forget some herbs for cooking, you can zip out by foot and be back in 5 mins, if you need some shopping in Sentosa its a major undertaking.

I am surprised no one is offering a water taxi service from the island to the city.

MinniMe

Post by MinniMe » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 2:00 pm

The agent told us there's going to be a bridge only for Sentosa Cove residents. Any idea where that's going to be? ( I didn't ask, stupid me...)

So, the bottle neck is the junction next to Vivo?

MinniMe

Post by MinniMe » Mon, 13 Apr 2009 2:04 pm

Forgot: there's going to be some retail space in the hotel (?) complex behind the Coast condo end of this year (agent told me)

I'm asking because we live also close to "Everything" at the moment. But, the lease will expire soon and I want to check different alternatives :-) At Sentosa Cove the sea is so close by, but is really worth it? I'm not so sure at the moment....

jon0lim

Post by jon0lim » Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:02 am

Hotel complex? you mean the Integrated Resort? Stuff there will be really really expensive so be prepared for it.