Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Sat, 11 Apr 2009 8:46 pm

aadvark wrote:yeah, brenton, the depression gets worse if u go alone, which is why i recommended that u find someone but unfortunately u din manage to, which is why it's even tougher... u wun feel as bad when u see the other person just as swollen :D
Anyone please help on this question ... do we need to fast before the ops and for how long?
Last edited by kensan on Tue, 16 Jun 2009 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sun, 12 Apr 2009 12:49 am

kensan wrote:
aadvark wrote:yeah, brenton, the depression gets worse if u go alone, which is why i recommended that u find someone but unfortunately u din manage to, which is why it's even tougher... u wun feel as bad when u see the other person just as swollen :D
Haha ... I agree totally ... which is why my wife and I are in this together :D

Anyone please help on this question ... do we need to fast before the ops and for how long?
just a couple of hrs? cannot remember if it's 6 hrs... maybe someone who did recently can refresh our memories... anyway, the doc will let u noe
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Sun, 12 Apr 2009 4:08 am

aadvark wrote:
kensan wrote:
Haha ... I agree totally ... which is why my wife and I are in this together :D

just a couple of hrs? cannot remember if it's 6 hrs... maybe someone who did recently can refresh our memories... anyway, the doc will let u noe
unless you going for breast implant which needs GA, you can eat all you want before any other surgery that involves only LA/sedation

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Sun, 12 Apr 2009 4:11 am

aadvark wrote:
kensan wrote:
Brenton wrote:
Hi dude, it was nice chatting with u over msn. Waiting to see the posting of your pictures soon.
yeah, brenton, the depression gets worse if u go alone, which is why i recommended that u find someone but unfortunately u din manage to, which is why it's even tougher... u wun feel as bad when u see the other person just as swollen :D
Actually i wasn't depressed at all when i was alone in bkk.....cos the swelling is too obvious that you know that's not the final look..

The depression came only when everything starts to deswell except your eyelid,....then i start to wonder if the crease will stay that high forever...

Anyway i am fine le...Thanks to those who pm me or posted their comment here to reassure me :)

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Sun, 12 Apr 2009 8:26 am

Brenton wrote:
aadvark wrote:
kensan wrote: Haha ... I agree totally ... which is why my wife and I are in this together :D

unless you going for breast implant which needs GA, you can eat all you want before any other surgery that involves only LA/sedation
I see, so for Rhino they use twilight Anesthesia I suppose.

Waiting for your pic leh. :D

Can't wait till July so we decided on end June, anyway according to Dr Nara's timetable he is fully booked for April and May.

After the consultation with Dr Nara, does he conducts the ops right away or fix at a later timing?

shika

Yanhee Hospital

Post by shika » Sun, 12 Apr 2009 2:32 pm

Hello everyone,

I just came back from my surgery at Yanhee Hospital. I'm wondering if you felt what I felt under local anesthesia.

Okay, this is how it went. The nurse gave me a shot on my arm. In a minute or so I started to go through a maze full of colors. The operation room had some thai music on which made me feel like I was died. I felt like I was attending my own funeral which was really sad and scary. It was weird because I miss my mom a lot and she was the only person I was thinking about. What is she going to do if she found out I died because of plastic surgery. It felt so long and lonely. All of this was going through my head under local anesthesia.

Anyway, to make things shorter. Is this how I'm suppose to feel? I felt kind of traumatized afterwards...

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sun, 12 Apr 2009 6:28 pm

Brenton wrote:
aadvark wrote:
kensan wrote: Haha ... I agree totally ... which is why my wife and I are in this together :D

not really lei, i've had some ops which used twilight sedation but still required fasting

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Re: Yanhee Hospital

Post by aadvark » Sun, 12 Apr 2009 6:30 pm

shika wrote:Hello everyone,

I just came back from my surgery at Yanhee Hospital. I'm wondering if you felt what I felt under local anesthesia.

Okay, this is how it went. The nurse gave me a shot on my arm. In a minute or so I started to go through a maze full of colors. The operation room had some thai music on which made me feel like I was died. I felt like I was attending my own funeral which was really sad and scary. It was weird because I miss my mom a lot and she was the only person I was thinking about. What is she going to do if she found out I died because of plastic surgery. It felt so long and lonely. All of this was going through my head under local anesthesia.

Anyway, to make things shorter. Is this how I'm suppose to feel? I felt kind of traumatized afterwards...
i know what u mean, paranoia sets in if u lay there too long, feeling them operate on you. i still very much prefer to be sedated

martzchrt

Post by martzchrt » Sun, 12 Apr 2009 7:55 pm

Anyone has done thigh lipo with Dr Nara? I understand that he will not do more than 1 area a day. I hope to do my whole thighs (inner, outer, front, back) till the inner knee. Any idea if this is considered 4 areas or 2 areas? How many & where are the insertions?

I will also want to do arms. Do we need about 1 day to rest between ops or will he do it on consecutive days?

What is the recovery period like?

Thanks a million.

spammama

Post by spammama » Sun, 12 Apr 2009 9:40 pm

I've done vaser on my thighs in Singapore before. But it is too expensive to do any more here. After chancing on the information here, I have decided that my arms and love handles would be done in Thailand.

I have a few qns which I think may be repititve. I've looked through many of the 140 over pages and if someone would still take the time to answer my qns, it'd be greatly appreciated.

I understand Nara does not do vaser lipo. Exactly what form does he do and how different is it? How effective is it for arm and lovehandles? (of course, I'd do my own research on his method but if someone could share your personal experience?)

I've so far read about people with the intention to do lipo with Nara, but no feedback from anyone who have really had it done with him. Anyone?

Are there any other thailand clinic/doctor recommendations for Lipo?

Silly qn, but can I pay by credit card with Nara? or THB cash only?

Where did you all book Hatyai hotels? I can't find any online sites with either lee gardens or indra booking.

Anyone stayed in Indra before? Is it reasonably comfortable? Its much cheaper than Lee I think.

How dangerous is it for a lady to travel to Hatyai alone? I intend to grab a flight from bkk to hatyai, take a cab to either Indra or Lee garden. Get to Nara and return to hotel (I don't know how yet) and perhaps stay an extra night before returning back to SG in the same way. Basically, for safety reasons, I'm willing to stay indoors and travel only to and fro the airport. Still, I'm a little wary if taking a cab to the hotel and to the airport in Hatyai might be a little dangerous? I'm not only going alone, I do not intend to let anyone know about my whereabouts or activities either!

I feel a little safer about BKK but the costs are significantly higher. Though if there was a reasonably priced and recommended doctor who does vaser, that would be a big enough selling point.

ennalove

Post by ennalove » Sun, 12 Apr 2009 9:40 pm

[.
Last edited by ennalove on Mon, 11 May 2009 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

ennalove

Post by ennalove » Sun, 12 Apr 2009 9:46 pm

Last edited by ennalove on Mon, 11 May 2009 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Sun, 12 Apr 2009 9:53 pm

aadvark wrote:
Brenton wrote:
aadvark wrote: just a couple of hrs? cannot remember if it's 6 hrs... maybe someone who did recently can refresh our memories... anyway, the doc will let u noe
not really lei, i've had some ops which used twilight sedation but still required fasting
Well when i reached the clinic in the morning, i asked the nurse and she said that before nose and eyes can eat, dun worry.

Then during my consultation with Nara, i asked him just to reconfirm and he said the same thing....emphasizing that only breast implant cannot eat...

That's what Dr Nara told me when i asked him before my operation....

So i think it's better to ask the doctor in the email ba?

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Yanhee Hospital

Post by Brenton » Sun, 12 Apr 2009 10:16 pm

shika wrote:Hello everyone,

Going through a maze full of colors sound like high on drugs....
For me, the nurse gave me a prick on the back of my hand and shortly i fell asleep. But when i woke up, he was tugging at my nose putting in the implant. There wasn't any pain even though i can feel him pushing it in.
Eyes took like forever as i was fully awake by the time he finished the nose. I tried asking him to let me sleep again but apparently one need to be awake during the eye surgery.

Instead of been traumatised after the surgery, i felt so relieved that the surgery is over that i am so so so happy. Depression only came 5 days post op. :) 10 days post op i am feeling better :)

looier

Post by looier » Sun, 12 Apr 2009 10:39 pm

Brenton wrote:
aadvark wrote:
Brenton wrote: unless you going for breast implant which needs GA, you can eat all you want before any other surgery that involves only LA/sedation
Well when i reached the clinic in the morning, i asked the nurse and she said that before nose and eyes can eat, dun worry.

Then during my consultation with Nara, i asked him just to reconfirm and he said the same thing....emphasizing that only breast implant cannot eat...

That's what Dr Nara told me when i asked him before my operation....

So i think it's better to ask the doctor in the email ba?
I guess diff. doctors have diff. pref.
I had twilight a couple of times before and I was requested to stay sober at least 6 hours before. When I asked why, doc replied that in case of emergency, like heart problem or severe bleeding, they move you to hospital and they can put you under GA if necessary which is more dangerous if stomach is full because of nausea and possible vomiting afterwards and choking yourself that way.
I would stay sober no matter what doc says. Also that way twilight sedation works faster. I always dose off right away and am hardly aware of anything going on.