Singapore Expats

PR Application Result - Come back for Interview

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
nrmntorres

Post by nrmntorres » Wed, 01 Apr 2009 1:05 am

I applied for PR two months ago. As the normal waiting time to get the result is 2 or 3 months, I expected to get a confirm result as early as March 30. True enough i got the result. But it is a letter requesting me to have an interview in ICA the following week.

I am wondering if this a positive thing or not. Does anyone of you receive this kind of letter from ICA regarding your PR application?

maneo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by maneo » Wed, 01 Apr 2009 6:34 am

As succinctly stated in another (searchable) thread:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:If you get notified for a PR interview then you are successful. They only give the interview once they are already satisfied.
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ft ... 5bb080d477

Not really much of an interview.
More of a verification that you are the living, breathing, ambulatory organism that resembles the photos submitted.
8-)

winger7
Regular
Regular

Post by winger7 » Wed, 01 Apr 2009 12:51 pm

sorry to ask but where r u applying from? and what are your plans...do u have a job in hand now or r u going to look for a job after u land there?

nrmntorres

Post by nrmntorres » Wed, 01 Apr 2009 5:17 pm

I have been working here in Singapore for 2 years now.

bluebucket

Post by bluebucket » Thu, 02 Apr 2009 9:09 am

My husband and I applied in the first week of Feb this year and we got our approval letter on the 28th of March. It says that we need to get our medicals done and then submit the results along with the photographs etc at the ICA.

It doesnt mention an interview - or is the e-appointment requirement the interview itself?

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Thu, 02 Apr 2009 1:20 pm

bluebucket wrote:My husband and I applied in the first week of Feb this year and we got our approval letter on the 28th of March. It says that we need to get our medicals done and then submit the results along with the photographs etc at the ICA.

It doesnt mention an interview - or is the e-appointment requirement the interview itself?
No worries, many (most?) people get their PR without an interview.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 02 Apr 2009 2:05 pm

bluebucket wrote:My husband and I applied in the first week of Feb this year and we got our approval letter on the 28th of March. It says that we need to get our medicals done and then submit the results along with the photographs etc at the ICA.

It's not an interview. They take your med forms and your photos. They take your money. They schedule a pickup for IC card. You're in.

bluebucket

Post by bluebucket » Thu, 02 Apr 2009 2:16 pm

brilliant! thats how I thought it would be - the post on the interview got me all confused.
Thanks Jpatokal & Strong eagle

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by calvink » Thu, 02 Apr 2009 8:36 pm

Since i have submitted my application on MArch 31st. is there any way that i could further submit supporting documents to ICA further?

Strong Eagle

Re: Hi

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 03 Apr 2009 6:45 am

calvink wrote:Since i have submitted my application on MArch 31st. is there any way that i could further submit supporting documents to ICA further?
Yes, you put them all in an envelope, take them down to ICA. Make sure you have full identifying information.

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by calvink » Fri, 03 Apr 2009 8:33 am

I would still need to queue up like any other PR applicants and wait for hours just to submit my document or is there a counter where i could pass to the officer?

Strong Eagle

Re: Hi

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 03 Apr 2009 11:29 am

calvink wrote:I would still need to queue up like any other PR applicants and wait for hours just to submit my document or is there a counter where i could pass to the officer?
I passed mine. The danger of course, is not knowing if they actually got to my PR application... I think they did.

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by calvink » Mon, 06 Apr 2009 7:39 pm

I Submitted through the documentation counter...just grab a ticket from the front will do...Its fast though

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by calvink » Fri, 10 Apr 2009 5:37 pm

Surprised to receive a call from the ICA controller and she asked bout the letter that i wrote...But have furnish the require details without employers endorsement which she says is OK...as long as not too frequent additional submission as it might affect their filing systems.

summberbird

Post by summberbird » Tue, 05 May 2009 2:33 pm

my application has been taken 3 months time now. no news yet.....