Singapore Expats

Best product you can import from singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
septbaby031

Best product you can import from singapore

Post by septbaby031 » Thu, 09 Apr 2009 10:30 pm

i'm interested in getting some stuffs in singapore and sell in on my own country. what do you think best products that will the best for me to sell. Is bags, clothes, shoes are good ideas? and where in singapore market can i purchase this items?? Thanks for any inputs!
"everything that's pure will not be rotten"

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Best product you can import from singapore

Post by ksl » Thu, 09 Apr 2009 10:43 pm

septbaby031 wrote:i'm interested in getting some stuffs in singapore and sell in on my own country. what do you think best products that will the best for me to sell. Is bags, clothes, shoes are good ideas? and where in singapore market can i purchase this items?? Thanks for any inputs!
If you are from Dubai, I would suggest you do some research on what the market is demanding, not ask total strangers, go to a government trade office or search out a market report on Dubai, which will give you some idea of what industries and goods are required. You will often find good reports in the UK , US any other European Country, on Dubai, normally the commercial trade office, will be monitoring demand and writing reports for their own Countries use some are free, others you pay big bucks for. But weasel out what you can use, without having to pay for it, it doesn't have to be new, but within 5 years with a forecast will be fine, then look at the economy by researching monthly retail sales figures in your Country. collect all the data, before you spend $. Dubai is hot for health products, although it took a pounding in the economic downturn.

NotSoJeff

Post by NotSoJeff » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 11:19 pm

durian.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 20 Apr 2009 12:32 am

Singapore is by far, not the cheapest for purchasing, although it as become a mecca for sales offices of famous brand names, most agents and distributors are already set up around the globe, so whoever is covering the Middle East deal will deal with you, but only if you are a big fish, otherwise no point. They don't set up offices in Singapore for a few K of Tv's 100,000 maybe they will answer your call. Otherwise it's the little guy wheeling an dealing at the smaller end of the food chain.

Otherwise you look at the closest and largest importer of the goods to your destination, or for example, the most expensive Country, because normally they get a better discount, because of the heavy tax. Although they are not encouraged to sell outside of that Country, for upsetting the apple cart, and other agents. Research the alternatives.