Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
curiousdreaming

Post by curiousdreaming » Wed, 08 Apr 2009 1:37 pm

cersepn wrote:
curiousdreaming wrote:I hope this isn't targeted at me - because I never assumed that someone is "better" if they reply faster. in fact I said the supposed "professionalism" was likely a result of the 3x cost, and that I also mentioned that I didn't think either is necessarily better [SIC] than the other.

I haven't been to Tokai or Nara either. I'm deciding between the two now.

therefore, Aarvark's, yours, and others' comments are extremely useful.

that said, it's a fairly objective statement that if a clinic replies quickly to your queries and/or a clinic is responsive and communicative to your concerns, it is a strong merit. i.e. Tokai.
on the flip side, having finer stitches or cheaper prices are definitely great merits, too. i.e. Nara.

I appreciate that diff people will choose Dr Pat / Dr Nara for diff reasons. but I reiterate - there is no singular "better" yardstick. just what you value more.

cersepn wrote:Well said aadvark. You took the words straight out of my mouth.
While i haven't been to tokai/nara myself, the comments in this thread and from private correspondence give me enough reason to believe that dr pat is not as great as many might believe. The shroud of mystery surrounding his name change, the pay-him-deposit-and-get-discount thingy amongst many other things just make me feel uneasy

People, please do not assume that just because a doctor replies fast, he must be good. They're not related at all..
.. lol you just said that a clinic who replies fast = strong merit. And I am not targeting it at you. There's just been alot of people around here who seem to think that fast replies = good doctor, and as i said earlier on, they're INDEPENDENT of each other.

I honestly don't see how you can see finer stitches and fast communication as both being great merits; surely i want finer stitches but even if communication is lacking, that's fine. Pretty sure nobody wants super communication with lousy stitching eh?

And put it this way, i know people who've seen dr pat's work IRL and they tell me that the scarring is bad. Is that enough for you? lol
nobody wants super comm with lousy stitching, but it'll be nice to have super comm AND super stitching. (whether it's too much to ask for is another matter altogether.)
look I think we are in agreement here. :-|
I doubt you will disagree that faster comm is at least somewhta of a plus, even if better stitching may override? jeez.

anyway, if Dr Nara is really better at stitching, then that's of course enough for me! :)

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Wed, 08 Apr 2009 4:46 pm

curiousdreaming wrote:
cersepn wrote:
curiousdreaming wrote:I hope this isn't targeted at me - because I never assumed that someone is "better" if they reply faster. in fact I said the supposed "professionalism" was likely a result of the 3x cost, and that I also mentioned that I didn't think either is necessarily better [SIC] than the other.

I haven't been to Tokai or Nara either. I'm deciding between the two now.

therefore, Aarvark's, yours, and others' comments are extremely useful.

that said, it's a fairly objective statement that if a clinic replies quickly to your queries and/or a clinic is responsive and communicative to your concerns, it is a strong merit. i.e. Tokai.
on the flip side, having finer stitches or cheaper prices are definitely great merits, too. i.e. Nara.

I appreciate that diff people will choose Dr Pat / Dr Nara for diff reasons. but I reiterate - there is no singular "better" yardstick. just what you value more.

.. lol you just said that a clinic who replies fast = strong merit. And I am not targeting it at you. There's just been alot of people around here who seem to think that fast replies = good doctor, and as i said earlier on, they're INDEPENDENT of each other.

I honestly don't see how you can see finer stitches and fast communication as both being great merits; surely i want finer stitches but even if communication is lacking, that's fine. Pretty sure nobody wants super communication with lousy stitching eh?

And put it this way, i know people who've seen dr pat's work IRL and they tell me that the scarring is bad. Is that enough for you? lol
nobody wants super comm with lousy stitching, but it'll be nice to have super comm AND super stitching. (whether it's too much to ask for is another matter altogether.)
I doubt you will disagree that faster comm is at least somewhta of a plus, even if better stitching may override? jeez.

anyway, if Dr Nara is really better at stitching, then that's of course enough for me! :)
haha, i think cerspn ruffled your feathers a little, dun worry he means well :) it's just that some docs have good salesmanship but not necessarily the goods to back it up.

Dr Pat is a little too fast to agree to whatever you ask and might say what you want to hear to close the deal. but it's understandable cos the PS biz in bangkok is really competitive, and tokai does offer pretty good rates for a bkk clinic. not that he botches the job, but sometimes he over-promises.

i was really happy with the cheek and underchin lipo i did with him. the jaw implants din turn out anywhere near the way we discussed. was quite upset with that. but thankfully, when i went back to him, we finally discussed and agreed upon a chin revision which got my face proportional again. so for me, it's 2 hits, 1 miss ;)

i'm not recommending against dr pat, just wanted to clarify that i think nara will do a pretty good job. but i think for lipo, it isn't too bad with tokai
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Re: hi,

Post by aadvark » Wed, 08 Apr 2009 5:53 pm

hill wrote:I need plastic surgery.

HILL

Home Jobs
i hope you dun intend to do PS as a homejob :S

curiousdreaming

Post by curiousdreaming » Wed, 08 Apr 2009 10:55 pm

aadvark wrote:
curiousdreaming wrote:
cersepn wrote: .. lol you just said that a clinic who replies fast = strong merit. And I am not targeting it at you. There's just been alot of people around here who seem to think that fast replies = good doctor, and as i said earlier on, they're INDEPENDENT of each other.

haha, i think cerspn ruffled your feathers a little, dun worry he means well :) it's just that some docs have good salesmanship but not necessarily the goods to back it up.

Dr Pat is a little too fast to agree to whatever you ask and might say what you want to hear to close the deal. but it's understandable cos the PS biz in bangkok is really competitive, and tokai does offer pretty good rates for a bkk clinic. not that he botches the job, but sometimes he over-promises.

i was really happy with the cheek and underchin lipo i did with him. the jaw implants din turn out anywhere near the way we discussed. was quite upset with that. but thankfully, when i went back to him, we finally discussed and agreed upon a chin revision which got my face proportional again. so for me, it's 2 hits, 1 miss ;)

i'm not recommending against dr pat, just wanted to clarify that i think nara will do a pretty good job. but i think for lipo, it isn't too bad with tokai
which is why I think forums like these are great... cos if I hadn't chanced upon this forum - well I prob wouldn't be thinking of Thailand firstly, and secondly I'd just think that a doc who writes back quickly is my first choice. simply cos I have no other info... and one can only make decisions based on enough info!
so thanks to all forummers! :)

btw, is this naive, or is it that lipo should be fairly straightforward... just suction of fat, right? I mean, how hard can that be? I would be more concerned with nose or jaw jobs cos you're looking for a specific shape?

Ardvark - I have to confess that I initially wondered if you were getting commission from Nara cos you recommend him more than other docs, haha. sorry. :)
but your above feedback on Dr Pat is objective, with only some reservations.

it is def news to me that Dr Nara's stitches and therefore, skills, are better. I am so glad I learned of this, and I think now I will stick to my Nara appointment. but the man is booked out for soooo long...

I guess that gives me time to order the Marena garments though. any idea where I can get Sineech? I am based in HK.

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Wed, 08 Apr 2009 11:01 pm

looier wrote:Thanks Aadvark, very helpfull indeed. I understand very well diff. between dr Pat and dr Nara.
Only thing is Nara also has more conservative approach twds plast. surg.
I intend to do facelift and liplift and chinaugmentation. For facelift I choose Nara's conservative manner, don't want windtunnel face.
Liplift Nara does'nt do so that's for Tokai.

Aardvark I have a question: by chance you ended up on dr. Pats table for chinrevision. I had bio-alcamid before inserted in chin area, but result is minimal. Now should I do chin and liplift with Tokai or chin with facelift at Nara's? Which you think is best?
Also do dr Pat and dr. Nara use same chinimplant (wingtype)?

I asked Nara about removing bio-alacamid and inserting chin implant instead, his answer was very professional. He said he could'nt remove all alcamid and explained why. While dr Pat just said: "sure can be done, no problem".
That's what makes Nara more trustworthy in my eyes.

Only thing is when I choose dr Nara for implant I don't want to end up with a little difference but with a firm chin this time.

Aadvark could you please give your opinion. Thanks a mill.

By the way I'm from Amsterdam, Holland.
i THINK nara uses button implant for chin, but my first chin was done in 2006, things might be different, u got to check with him.

if not wrong, lip lift is to bring the upper lip higher up towards the nose? so the effect will be quite diff from a facelift anyway? with nara, u can be sure ur effect will be natural, provided he feels u need it of cos, else he wun do it.

i've seen forumers who did chin with nara, look much sharper and slimmer, but if u have a wide face, u shldn't use a button implant, else it just looks weird :P

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Thu, 09 Apr 2009 12:03 am

curiousdreaming wrote: btw, is this naive, or is it that lipo should be fairly straightforward... just suction of fat, right? I mean, how hard can that be? I would be more concerned with nose or jaw jobs cos you're looking for a specific shape?

I guess that gives me time to order the Marena garments though. any idea where I can get Sineech? I am based in HK.
No it isn't. Lipo is one of the most dangerous cosmetic procedures with the highest fatality rates. I'm not trying to scare you but the statistics prove this; just do a google search and you'll see what i mean.

It's not that the surgery is extremely technical; taking out fats upsets the balance in the body and unfortunately i'm not well-versed in lipo to fill you in on the details but the act of taking out fats is quite dangerous.

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Thu, 09 Apr 2009 12:43 am

cersepn wrote:
curiousdreaming wrote: btw, is this naive, or is it that lipo should be fairly straightforward... just suction of fat, right? I mean, how hard can that be? I would be more concerned with nose or jaw jobs cos you're looking for a specific shape?

No it isn't. Lipo is one of the most dangerous cosmetic procedures with the highest fatality rates. I'm not trying to scare you but the statistics prove this; just do a google search and you'll see what i mean.

It's not that the surgery is extremely technical; taking out fats upsets the balance in the body and unfortunately i'm not well-versed in lipo to fill you in on the details but the act of taking out fats is quite dangerous.
yup, i think asiaone had a few articles on lipo deaths in m'sia in the past year. one was a datuk's wife, the other was this lady who did lipo 15 times, and fell into a coma (posted this article a few pages back).

kanye west's mum, donda west (a professor no less), also died from lipo, creating quite a bit of controversy, because the surgeon was showcased on oprah quite a few times.

a botched nose or eye job will at most result in ugliness, a botched lipo could mean death

curiousdreaming

Post by curiousdreaming » Thu, 09 Apr 2009 1:22 am

aadvark wrote:
cersepn wrote:

yup, i think asiaone had a few articles on lipo deaths in m'sia in the past year. one was a datuk's wife, the other was this lady who did lipo 15 times, and fell into a coma (posted this article a few pages back).

kanye west's mum, donda west (a professor no less), also died from lipo, creating quite a bit of controversy, because the surgeon was showcased on oprah quite a few times.

a botched nose or eye job will at most result in ugliness, a botched lipo could mean death
thanks both for your input.
is there any way to minimise risk? I'll do a google right now as well.

I spose I'll just stop drinking (I'm a moderate drinker) 2 wks before the surgery. gonna be painful but anything that will help...

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Thu, 09 Apr 2009 5:10 am

i guess only way to minimize risk is not to remove too much and also to get a good surgeon.

smoking and drinking shld avoid too as these will affect your healing

winter21
Regular
Regular

Post by winter21 » Thu, 09 Apr 2009 12:12 pm

Hi..

is it very hard to get thur Dr Putt mobile?
Or the number is wrong/changed?

georginasmilie

Post by georginasmilie » Thu, 09 Apr 2009 2:32 pm

hi
i am interested to go to dr nara early this may.any gals wanna join??
I'm not sure with the procedures and where to take coach
from the airport.I'm afraid i will get lost there alone.
Pls advise.
I would appeciate if u guys could sent me ur msn add so that i could more about it.
Plszzzzz......
my msn is [email protected]

pootie
Regular
Regular

chin implant

Post by pootie » Thu, 09 Apr 2009 6:22 pm

Can anyone of you here advise me on the down time for chin implant?

Will there be any obvious bruising/swelling for chin implant? cos i intend to go during teh national day period and cannot take leave.

i plan to travel on friday nite (7/8/09) and to have 2 procedures done (chin implant and stomach lipo) on 8/8/09 and will depart back to sg on 9/8/09. so i will reach sg past midnite and rest for a day at home before going to work on 10/8/09 (tues).

when i did rhino, my nose didnt really swell and looked normal with no brusiing by 2nd or 3rd day. i only had swellings under my eyes, so i dunno the swellings under the eyes were from rhino or my eyelid surgery..

any advice is appreciated. :)

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Thu, 09 Apr 2009 8:42 pm

Route2Perfection wrote:
prido wrote:so anybody can join me during june or late may? :)
im looking for a companion. :(
Hi Prido,

Are you going to Hatyai or Bangkok?

If BKK, I haven't decide which doctor to go to yet. I am opt for cheek bone reduction & jaw reduction. Already email Yoskarn & Dr. Charan, still waiting for their reply.

If going to Hatyai, will check out Dr. Nara & Dr. Putt for redoing my eyes & nose.

May i join you? Please email me: [email protected]
Hello,

In case she does not come here that often anyway, i would like to inform you that she would not be doing anything in the near future :)

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Thu, 09 Apr 2009 8:50 pm

Annakilly wrote:
Brenton wrote:Wondering if i shd have sticked to my decision of low crease for guy...
but he has twenty years of experience to fight me...sigh..

Just hope the result would be suitable for my face ba...

Nose-wise like no difference le...cos i already had a bridge but bulb-ous tip...

dunno how much more it will deswell......

Back to waiting impatiently again....

Like what some website said, our generation tends to go for instant results stuffs......very impatient to go through the process
Hey brenton, how many days post op are you already?
The bridge of the nose will continue to deswell by roughly one third the height now.
I had the same problem as you regarding my bulbous nose tip after my first rhinoplasty. There wasn't much difference in the nose and my tip still looked bulbous.
Lets hope its the swelling thats making your nose still look bulbous. Pray that it'll look more refined in days :)
Hi Anna,

It's 7 days post op...and there is still a bit of swelling.
Heard that ultrasound theraphy can reduce swelling totally...
but that means more money involved...

I am not so concerned about my nose...It's more of my eyes..

I look so weird with my current eyes...
And i just realised that mine is not even high tapered...
Nara gave me a High parrallel crease..on a guy...sobs sobs
I felt even worst when my friend commented that my eyes actually looked smaller.

Think i am just going through the depression stage post op as of now...and hope you guys dun mind me nagging here...
Last edited by Brenton on Thu, 09 Apr 2009 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Thu, 09 Apr 2009 8:59 pm

aadvark wrote:
Brenton wrote:Wondering if i shd have sticked to my decision of low crease for guy...
but he has twenty years of experience to fight me...sigh..

Just hope the result would be suitable for my face ba...

Nose-wise like no difference le...cos i already had a bridge but bulb-ous tip...

dunno how much more it will deswell......

Back to waiting impatiently again....

Like what some website said, our generation tends to go for instant results stuffs......very impatient to go through the process
patience my dear, i warned u that u will feel depressed :) avoid the mirrors and just go abt ur life as per normal :)

here's my timeline to refresh ur memory:

bridge will deswell in arnd 10 days, and assume a final shape and height in arnd 3 mths. but i dun think nara raised ur bridge much so might be faster

ur tip will be swollen for prob 1 to 1.5 mths. it will become much sharper with time. i assume cos ur tip was bulbous, which wld mean thicker skin, that means nara can extend the tip more so that u can have a sharper and more refined tip. will meet u soon to ascertain the result ;)

eyelids... well... mine was quite high at first, but that was from my own ignorant request. initial height of crease to final height of crease, i wld say it went down by 2/3. and it took nearly a year to finalise the size and shape, so patience...

some more, u did multiple ops at one go, so ur healing rate will be slowed down, similar to mine when i first did, so my timeline wld prob be more realistic than those who did single ops
Hi,

Thanks, i think you have to meet me soon ba...
Nose bridge is ok cos no matter how high, it's not that obvious when u look at the mirror...and i dun think i will look at myself in the mirror sideways everyday..that would be weird...

well maybe i am so concerned about my eyes now that i dun really care about whether my nose will be bulbous or not...which led me to thinking why i did my nose since i am not so concerned about it.

Really really hope my eye crease will go down 2/3 or even more....
My eyes look so small compared to my previous photos...
My friend met me, told me my face is not swollen at all, but my eyes became smaller...other than that, not obvious i did cosmetic surgery..

:( hope this phase will go away soon.....