Singapore Expats

Short time Ep holder

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
ydnerendy

Short time Ep holder

Post by ydnerendy » Tue, 07 Apr 2009 7:13 am

Hi i want to know related to EP.
I just moved to a new company and just got approval for my Ep.

But recently in my company seems that they starting to teminate some of the employees.

I concern that the company want to do retrechment because all of my friends in the company worry about this and cannot work properly including me.

I want to ask is it ok from MOM perspective if i am moving to another company and apply another Ep but in other side i just got my EP for one month?

Or is it possible to use my current EP for other company?

Thanks in advance for answering.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 07 Apr 2009 8:55 am

EP's are tied to the employer who sponsored you. Leave them, lose your EP. Can you reapply? Yes, but while MOM doesn't really care, the new employer still has to justify the hiring of a foreigner, so even if you currently have an EP, that is still not a guarantee that you will receive another with a new company. They might not be able to justify or if on an S pass, they may not have the quota.

Having said all that, you shouldn't have a problem, but the possibility is always there. So leave your current employer at your own risk but remember, if you weren't retrenched, you've only yourself to blame.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ydnerendy

Post by ydnerendy » Tue, 07 Apr 2009 1:43 pm

thanks for the answer.

what i mean is if i got retreched, does it affects to my future applications to MOM because i just got my Ep for month?

Does MOM will consider that i am to fast to apply another one within 1 month upon my Ep approval, but in fact i got retreched if that the worst thing happen.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 07 Apr 2009 6:07 pm

Please go back and reread my post again.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers