Singapore Expats

Qatar InterView

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Mon, 06 Apr 2009 6:57 pm

princesschot wrote:we did an english test... and then after the english test we we're grouped in to two, then we had group sessions..
After the group discussion should know the result right after the session right? How is it? Manage to pass?
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

applebreeze

Post by applebreeze » Tue, 07 Apr 2009 12:25 am

cythx wrote:
After the group discussion should know the result right after the session right?
Not really. There are 2 group discussions with 1 elimination round for each. If you're good enough to get through you get to choose a time slot for the next day's final interview. 2-3 weeks later they will email you if you are 'recomended' to work for QR as a CC or not.

cythx
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cythx » Tue, 07 Apr 2009 10:53 am

applebreeze wrote:
cythx wrote:
After the group discussion should know the result right after the session right?
Not really. There are 2 group discussions with 1 elimination round for each. If you're good enough to get through you get to choose a time slot for the next day's final interview. 2-3 weeks later they will email you if you are 'recomended' to work for QR as a CC or not.
Ya, i mean that. :wink:
Some ppl watch things happen, some ppl let things happen, but I make things happen... The sky is my limit!

muee

Post by muee » Mon, 20 Apr 2009 8:57 am

hi, anyone in singapore recieved the email from qatar to go for the medical checkup?

we have to completed the medical and send back in 2 days time?

anyone have any ideas where and how to do it?

aloyscious
Regular
Regular

Post by aloyscious » Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:33 am

a lot of my friends went there and then came back after few months or even weeks..cant adapt the lifestyle there..think thrice before u go....hehe :P

muee

Post by muee » Mon, 20 Apr 2009 12:46 pm

to 99heyho, my final interview was on the 8th April, I cannot send out pte message. pm ur email. thanks.

stewardwannabe
Regular
Regular

Post by stewardwannabe » Mon, 04 May 2009 8:26 am

hey guys

congrats on getting into qatar airways!

its a a good and stable airline to be in now, the company is growing and its a good enviroment.. yes its a strict airline and a no nonsense airline, hence rules do apply.. but it doesn;t kill, a good learning process.

come into the airline with an open mind and the crews here are great, yes u get the odd ones sometimes onboard, but in general everyone is great.

Its a multinational company with all different crews onboard as well as in ur training.. and its a good experience to mingle with another nationalities.

If u get an offer or the opportunity to be an airline crew, go for it!.. its hardwork but its a great experience and an opportunity of a lifetime and remember rules dun kill!.. it all depends on how u look at it, so be positive.

Join the industry and enjoy what you do, take everything positively and u will be good at it! easy said than done but its do able ;)

good luck and stay well :)
SW

muee

Post by muee » Thu, 07 May 2009 8:28 pm

anyone from singapore recieved the DOJ from qatar already?

prisann

Post by prisann » Mon, 25 May 2009 12:35 pm

Hi everyone,

have been watching the posts all round for a while.. :) am an ex crew and there is a walk in interview for Qatar on 13 June 2009, at Hilton Hotel. Wondering any current Qatar crew. Are you able to share your experiences over there? Workload, galley stuff (some galleys are damn manual, like the one i used to work for), accomodation.. most importantly, *embarrased*, rough gross take home.. and how often averagely do you get rostered on a flight back to SIN? Nightstop time in SIN? Thanks for answering my questions..

Pris

yana_zette

Post by yana_zette » Mon, 25 May 2009 6:08 pm

99heyho and muee

did you recieved the Offer letter from QR? its been 3 weeks since i pass my medicals.. until now im still waitin

James1987

Post by James1987 » Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:41 pm

absoo.faboo wrote:Hey guys, I went to the previous interview last year. Only got thru to the second round tho. They are pretty fast in helding an interview and quiet surprised that they still recruiting people while some other airline, e.g emirates, are stopping their recruitment drive.

This is an open day, so u dont need to worry whether u applied it online or not. Just bring ur photos and resume.

And I tell u, u better have a great picture (professionally taken) bcuz in the end of the day, they will choose u from the pictures and simple yet powerful resume. Those people with a 2-3 pages resume will unlikely be entertained (Mine is 1 page only and I saw quiet numbers of pple who got thru with also carried a simple resume).

The first day will be a presentation and hands out ur resume only, be presentable when u give ur resume, cuz that will be ur first interview.

I will be going too on Sunday, I live in Pasir Ris, anyone? Oh, im a guy btw.. :)

xoxo,
D

hey, the upcoming 29 aug open day u going? i live pasir ris as well lol.. care to talk.. i am a guy actually..haha.. email me [email protected]

dannyooi_84
Regular
Regular

Post by dannyooi_84 » Fri, 21 Aug 2009 2:07 pm

James1987, I'll be attending the Open Day in SG next week. Been to their interview for twice already. Managed to get into the final round for both times. Unfortunately, two weeks later they informed me that I was't successful. I'll never give up. Will continue to try again until I got it.

James1987

Post by James1987 » Fri, 21 Aug 2009 4:04 pm

dannyooi_84 wrote:James1987, I'll be attending the Open Day in SG next week. Been to their interview for twice already. Managed to get into the final round for both times. Unfortunately, two weeks later they informed me that I was't successful. I'll never give up. Will continue to try again until I got it.
haha.. see u on the open day.. u have a full length photo of yourself? so we just bring cv, photos thatt all ya?

absoo.faboo

Post by absoo.faboo » Sun, 23 Aug 2009 6:59 am

James1987 wrote:
hey, the upcoming 29 aug open day u going? i live pasir ris as well lol.. care to talk.. i am a guy actually..haha.. email me [email protected]
hey James! yes, I'll be going!

dannyooi_84
Regular
Regular

Post by dannyooi_84 » Mon, 24 Aug 2009 9:03 am

we can all meet together there at Hilton. :) 8-)