Singapore Expats

any good facial to recommend?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
vivian.gown

any good facial to recommend?

Post by vivian.gown » Wed, 18 Mar 2009 4:29 pm

my skin will be hopeless without me starting to do something about it. but i do not trust skin centers here and i know they will do hard sellings. will anyone recommend a good facial place or beautian? thanks very much!

spring_tomorrow

Re: any good facial to recommend?

Post by spring_tomorrow » Fri, 20 Mar 2009 11:35 pm

vivian.gown wrote:my skin will be hopeless without me starting to do something about it. but i do not trust skin centers here and i know they will do hard sellings. will anyone recommend a good facial place or beautian? thanks very much!
Body Wellness...i go to the one at Winsland House. They had never tried to hard sell me but I willingly signed up package and even renewed another one because my first trial facial went very well and it doesn't leave red marks on my face after all the squeezing..so i'm very happy with their service...
"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself"

"Everyone is a friend, until they prove otherwise"

sweetchocs

Post by sweetchocs » Sun, 22 Mar 2009 9:25 pm

I had also signed up with Body Wellness but will not renew. I find them quite persistant, even during doing facial, the beauticians will try to convince u to try new things. All I want is to enjoy the facial in peace.....
Also the skills of the beauticians vary. Some are detailed while some are quite rough. So if u find one u like, request for her each time.
I guess most places will hard sell to a certain extent so depends on your level of aceptance. If u don't mind paying more, can go MTM. I find their facial more effective and the staff more professional.

cotton

Post by cotton » Sun, 22 Mar 2009 9:52 pm

I prefer neighbourhood beautician.. more committed.. cos normally is own biz.. don't really hard sell.
Never take someone for granted because you may wake up one day and realize that you’ve lost a diamond while busy collecting stone

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Wed, 25 Mar 2009 4:24 pm

No matter where you go, just dun go to new york skin solution...

It was hell for me and i will not go back there when my package is used up.

elska76
Chatter
Chatter

Post by elska76 » Wed, 25 Mar 2009 6:17 pm

Currently im using Bella and im happy with it.

I go to the Tampines outlet. I have heard lousy reviews about the Orchard outlet though.
Some people are alive cos its illegal to kill ;)

mondayhue

Post by mondayhue » Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:57 pm

My friend is holding a spree on some good quality serums used in beauty salons at a much much more affordable rate. Can feel the effect upon first appplication. IF u wanna save, think getting the serums and DIY is the best way...
I think links are not allowed to be published here. If anyone is keen, can pmail me and i will pass you the spree link :D

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Tue, 31 Mar 2009 8:39 am

hey Elska.. last time you used to go Leonard Drake right ..I also thought of going to Bella ,but never tried them before . which facial do you do there ? I have tried Bioskin at Holland V and I like their service..i did the Dermabrasion wif ampoules, costs me around $280.
Always have a smile on that face!

raines

Post by raines » Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:44 pm

I agree with cotton that small facial places are the best in terms of service and value. They are not as comfortable as the large places.. but you know that you ain't paying high prices for advertisement and endorsements by celebrities.

Good home care and diet is also important for maintenance of one's skin.

elska76
Chatter
Chatter

Post by elska76 » Tue, 31 Mar 2009 1:13 pm

Hi chix chix,

Yes i used to go to leonard drake but stopped when i finished my package with them. I realise i had to go to them for my facial every month. My face will go abit nuts on me every month like clock work. So i decided to try another facial place. My cousin intro me to Bella which i felt suit me better as i dont have to go for my facial every month :)
On top of it my facial with Leonard Drake was S$250/treatment

I currently visit Bella once every 2-3 mths and my skin has been manageable :)

At Bella, i signed up their "White Grape" facial treatment......so far so good. Wanted to try their caviar treatment since im using the products from the caviar range but the manager told me the caviar treatment is too rich for me.
The white grape treatment i pay for is at $150/treatment.
Bella was willing to work around my budget so im happy with their flexibility.
chixchix wrote:hey Elska.. last time you used to go Leonard Drake right ..I also thought of going to Bella ,but never tried them before . which facial do you do there ? I have tried Bioskin at Holland V and I like their service..i did the Dermabrasion wif ampoules, costs me around $280.
Some people are alive cos its illegal to kill ;)

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Fri, 03 Apr 2009 7:54 am

ok lah $ 150 for facial is alright but I find that Leonard Drake was expensive. I will go check out Bella also
Always have a smile on that face!

gillypadi

Post by gillypadi » Fri, 03 Apr 2009 11:39 am

I guess it depends on the products they use. I go to Genesis at Raffles Hotel as they use Sothys and my skin is not inflammed or have red patches after my facial with them. I tried another beautician with a different "USA" product and I had patchy skin as well as zits a day after my facial.

robinson1401

good facial to to reccommend?

Post by robinson1401 » Fri, 22 May 2009 7:51 am

Has anyone tried FIL before? They have an ongoing promotion for facial treatments at $58, which is rather affordable. Besides, I also heard that their face treatments are very effective and they have in-house trainers to ensure the service quality of their beauticians.

My cousin used to have skin plagued with acne all over, but after a few sessions at FIL, her face cleared up. I haven’t seen her for years and almost couldn’t recognize her at a recent family gathering. Now she’s only going back for facials just for maintenance sake.

It’s really tempting…

londongirl9

Post by londongirl9 » Sat, 23 May 2009 7:07 pm

hi can anyone recommend a personal trainer in singapore? and how much are they?

DeannaFord

Post by DeannaFord » Wed, 27 May 2009 1:05 pm

londongirl9 wrote:hi can anyone recommend a personal trainer in singapore? and how much are they?
just search on Google by write "personal trainer in Singapore" you will get lot's of information. hope it's useful!