Singapore Expats

Novita Water Purifiers

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
chewwl88

Novita Water Purifiers

Post by chewwl88 » Fri, 27 Mar 2009 7:24 am

Anyone here brought Novita Water Purifiers? Does this water purifiers good for children?

Does this good for children's health? If elements has been remove from the water which body need and will hurt the body.

Which mean that it will let the body become weaker. Is that true?

Please advise

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 27 Mar 2009 9:20 am

There are mixed feelings about water purifiers. Two camps, one says most definitely needs purification. And then other like myself, who figure that with a water purification system that is way, way better than the guidelines established by W.H.O. and is better than any city in the US why bother? Filter out fluoride and you help promote tooth decay. Boil the water, same difference. Worried about the sediment and/or rust in the water? Fair enough, use a filter but not a purification system as it isn't necessary. Remember, most of the bottled water you buy is straight out of a tap (here in Asia anyway) and then sealed.

Of course somebody else will come in here and spout all kinds of spurious nonsense and direct you to questionable links but I believe you need to do your own research and make you own decisions. I haven't been sick in 61 years so I don't think it's hurt me too much. I also, at 61 have all my own teeth and are cavity free as well. Go Figure.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:16 am

let's put it this way, if the water in singapore is no good, someone in the water works will get caning! singapore has one of the safest water (maybe it's because it is coming from JB) and have very strict test on it's quality.

just let your kids drink tap water. their body will adapt to it and getting the fluoride goodies. tap water wont be bad for them.

raines

Post by raines » Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:42 pm

Hi, actually water purification is needed.. . I had a water filtration at home for 10 years but i didn't believe it for a long time. I moved out and my mom as persuading me to get a filtration fixed and I refused. She did an experiment at home. you can also do a simple test yourself.

Go to any hardware shop and get those white cotton cover, wrap it around your tap and use as per normal. You'll find that in just one month (or maybe less) you'll see some rust like thing accumulated on the cotton cover. Bear in mind that we are actually unable to see those stuff and yet it was retain by the cotton cover (which actually allows for large molecules to pass).

There is no immediate harm in consuming unfiltered water.. but long term consumption will damage one's health. There is an increasing demand for water filtration system and hence, an increase in the no. of types of water filtration system. Go do your research and find one that's good for you and your family.

A good system typically cost above $1000. Beware of those that are a few hundred dollars. I've used them myself and found them to be ineffective and not lasting..(well I did not heed my mother's advice to get a good one)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 31 Mar 2009 5:43 pm

raines,

Another little experiment for you to try is the same cotton cover and place it over your nose & mouth and breath through it for days at a time. Guess what. Same brown stuff. Plus a lot worse. Passive smoke with over 400 chemicals, smog, carbon monoxide, methane gasses, pollen, other pollutants. As I said, a particulate type of filter possibly, but to "purify" the water is a waste of time unless you are susceptible to psychosomatic illnesses. Of course if you spend most of your time trying to stay in a sterile environment, the first time you come out you will probably die as the natural immunities that the body builds up over time will not be present so what doesn't bother most people will probably kill you.

Like I said, mixed camps.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

chewwl88

Post by chewwl88 » Sat, 18 Apr 2009 1:52 am

Thanks... :D