Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
blacktlatte

Re: Revision for rhinoplasty using rib

Post by blacktlatte » Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:07 am

kittygirl8 wrote:Does anyone know if its possible to do revision for rhinoplasty using rib? Is there any side effect to this? Has anyone done this before?
kittygirl8, didn't you just get your rhinoplasty few months ago? what happened? why are you thinking of getting a revision so soon?

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Woot! thx mikko_baby80

Post by cersepn » Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:10 am

Blissful09 wrote: what does elevated mean? Sleep sitting up with ur back against the wall or laying completely on your back (like normal) but your face must be looking straight at roof at all times?

But a girl i read for a forum said she felt NO PAIN whatsoever and NO swelling.. NONE. Its like she perfectly healed in a week! Mind you, she did rhinoplasty. She said its probably cuz she took alot of vitamin C before surgery...

So.... which one is it?
Elevated just means a position where your head, or the operated part, is at a higher position than the rest of your body. Just sleep on multiple pillows loh. It's to prevent all the blood and bodily fluids from accumulating there; less swelling.

Pain is.. very subjective. What's not pain to her might be very pain to someone else. About the healing bit, it really depends on what TYPE of rhino she went. Was it the full rhino with bridge + tip + alar, or just a simple implant job? And how much damage was done to the nose when the doc went 'in'?

All these factors, besides doc's skill of course, make a huge difference. But the single MOST important factor is the individual's healing ability though. She could very well just be blessed with wolverine genes eh.

I seriously doubt if consuming tons of vit c before the surgery will help much, if any at all. FYI, vit C is water-soluble, so any excess you take will be flushed out in urine.. that's a given

theperfectjob

Post by theperfectjob » Fri, 27 Mar 2009 3:03 pm

cersepn wrote:
Blissful09 wrote: what does elevated mean? Sleep sitting up with ur back against the wall or laying completely on your back (like normal) but your face must be looking straight at roof at all times?

But a girl i read for a forum said she felt NO PAIN whatsoever and NO swelling.. NONE. Its like she perfectly healed in a week! Mind you, she did rhinoplasty. She said its probably cuz she took alot of vitamin C before surgery...

So.... which one is it?
Elevated just means a position where your head, or the operated part, is at a higher position than the rest of your body. Just sleep on multiple pillows loh. It's to prevent all the blood and bodily fluids from accumulating there; less swelling.

Pain is.. very subjective. What's not pain to her might be very pain to someone else. About the healing bit, it really depends on what TYPE of rhino she went. Was it the full rhino with bridge + tip + alar, or just a simple implant job? And how much damage was done to the nose when the doc went 'in'?

All these factors, besides doc's skill of course, make a huge difference. But the single MOST important factor is the individual's healing ability though. She could very well just be blessed with wolverine genes eh.

I seriously doubt if consuming tons of vit c before the surgery will help much, if any at all. FYI, vit C is water-soluble, so any excess you take will be flushed out in urine.. that's a given
Well i did rhino with tip n alar for me not so much of pain except for soreness at the rib area but my whole face was really swollen from the 3rd day onwards. I even had blue black at the tip of my eye, dunno why though. Swelling went down after a week or so. Dr Kao would advise you to sleep with your head elevated and do cold pack. After the bleeding had stopped you can start to use hot pack to ease the swelling. But Wu Gong Cao was really good, you can buy this herb from a Chinese Medicine shop there.

I ate Vitamin B & E which is suppose to aid faster recovery of scarring 2 weeks before the surgery but stopped after the surgery. Dr Kao says we can eat anything but I was thinkin too many kinds of medicine so stopped the Vitamins. After the surgery Dr Kao would prescribe anti biotics, anti inflamation and for the nose blockage. Just remember to leave an hour gap if you're also drinking the wu gong cao.

jessicat

Post by jessicat » Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:56 pm

theperfectjob wrote:
cersepn wrote:

So.... which one is it?

Well i did rhino with tip n alar for me not so much of pain except for soreness at the rib area but my whole face was really swollen from the 3rd day onwards. I even had blue black at the tip of my eye, dunno why though. Swelling went down after a week or so. Dr Kao would advise you to sleep with your head elevated and do cold pack. After the bleeding had stopped you can start to use hot pack to ease the swelling. But Wu Gong Cao was really good, you can buy this herb from a Chinese Medicine shop there.

I ate Vitamin B & E which is suppose to aid faster recovery of scarring 2 weeks before the surgery but stopped after the surgery. Dr Kao says we can eat anything but I was thinkin too many kinds of medicine so stopped the Vitamins. After the surgery Dr Kao would prescribe anti biotics, anti inflamation and for the nose blockage. Just remember to leave an hour gap if you're also drinking the wu gong cao.
Here's how wu gong cao looks like...
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/2263/442v.jpg
Cook by our dearest theperfectjob. :D

mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular

Re: Revision for rhinoplasty using rib

Post by mikko_baby80 » Sat, 28 Mar 2009 12:46 am

blacktlatte wrote:
kittygirl8 wrote:Does anyone know if its possible to do revision for rhinoplasty using rib? Is there any side effect to this? Has anyone done this before?
kittygirl8, didn't you just get your rhinoplasty few months ago? what happened? why are you thinking of getting a revision so soon?
hihi kitty, is ur nose healing alrite? i recalled reading somewhere tat using rib cartilage is a gd option for revision rhino but can't exactly rem which website is tat. r u asking on behalf of someone coz i rem u undergo autogenous graft for ur op tat time rite? :???:

mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular

Post by mikko_baby80 » Sat, 28 Mar 2009 12:49 am

hi all,

for those who r in a dilemma on choosing what type of implant, might wanna read tis through.. i find it rather informative. :)

http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/vie ... 345f1763a8

mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular

Post by mikko_baby80 » Sat, 28 Mar 2009 1:28 am

haha.. no worries bliss. yup GA = General Anaesthetic. no aspirin & Vit E during 1 week pre op & i believe first few weeks post op too. u might wanna glance thru tis as a guideline. http://www.youngerface.com/noseinstr.pdf
ya i do agree with cersepn tat different ppl hv different level of pain threshold. as for the hidden fee, u might wanna address ur concern to the related doc & get a complete quotation fr him/her. As for what supplements to take for pre/post op , tis the info tat i found:

• Zinc: Best taken prior to surgery, zinc reduces wound healing time, rapidly reduces wound size, and bolsters immune function to help ward off infection. Topical zinc, such as calamine lotion, also inhibits bacteria growth on the surface of skin, helping to prevent infection. As zinc deficiency is common in the United States, most doctors recommend 30 mg/day, taken orally for four to six weeks, to bring your levels up to par before surgery. If you undergo surgery in a zinc deficient state, your recovery time will be lengthened, so be sure to test and supplement your zinc levels, if necessary, well before any planned surgical procedures.

• Vitamin C: Another important component for full post-operative recovery is vitamin C. According to the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine, levels of this vital compound actually drop in burn victims, post-op patients, and other victims of physical trauma. The minimum required intake of vitamin C to maintain healthy bodily function is about 300mg to 1g per day following surgery or other procedures.

Vitamin C is required to make collagen, the connective tissue in the skin that helps healing and prevents blistering. Vitamin C strengthens scar tissue and also helps reduce tissue death after burns. It also helps to strengthen the immune system and fight off infection.

For myself, I took sineech & EnerVon with Vit C (pill form) during my pre & post op. I took abt 1week to recover & able to move freely on my own. mwahahaa.. i hv wolverine genes too neh.. :lol:

ginzo

Post by ginzo » Sat, 28 Mar 2009 2:30 am

wow, thanks for all the information!! the info u all gave was informative and helpful :D but i guess u must be 21 yrs old to do surgery. i still got one more yr to go! can't wait!

oh and thanks jessicat for pm me about the charges! cant pm u back. not enuff posts! saw ur photo and i must say i like ur nose!!! make me feel more confident about doing surgery with dr kao ^^

mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular

Post by mikko_baby80 » Sat, 28 Mar 2009 1:56 pm

ginzo wrote:wow, thanks for all the information!! the info u all gave was informative and helpful :D but i guess u must be 21 yrs old to do surgery. i still got one more yr to go! can't wait!

oh and thanks jessicat for pm me about the charges! cant pm u back. not enuff posts! saw ur photo and i must say i like ur nose!!! make me feel more confident about doing surgery with dr kao ^^
u go gal!~ looking forward to ur experience (1yr pass veri fast)! :D

mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular

Post by mikko_baby80 » Sat, 28 Mar 2009 1:59 pm

jessicat wrote: Here's how wu gong cao looks like...
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/2263/442v.jpg
Cook by our dearest theperfectjob. :D
looks like grass jelly drink except w/o the jelly. lol.. dam.. i shld hv go wif u 2 den i can get to drink tis power drink too. :lol:

simplychicger

Post by simplychicger » Sat, 28 Mar 2009 5:40 pm

Eyes84 wrote:
jessicat wrote:
Eyes84 wrote:Anyone going taipei for PS DB eyelid for dr chuang on july for PS??
Im frm sg..Of cos must be gals thx
Also who noes How much Dr chuang charge for DB eyelid or breast implant???!
Hi Eyes84,

I am interested in going Taiwan. but looking at late april or may.. anyone interested to got together... i am from SG.. intend to do double eyelid

pink_fuchsia

Post by pink_fuchsia » Sun, 29 Mar 2009 2:05 pm

simplychicger wrote:
Eyes84 wrote:
jessicat wrote: Hi Eyes84,

I am interested in going Taiwan. but looking at late april or may.. anyone interested to got together... i am from SG.. intend to do double eyelid

Hi there! SImplychicger & eyes84.. ive done a few PS in taiwan and am planning for my double eyelid revision now... but yet to confirm whether may or july. perhaps you gals would like to keep in contact?? any msn or email address?

simplychicger

Post by simplychicger » Sun, 29 Mar 2009 3:55 pm

pink_fuchsia wrote:
simplychicger wrote:
Eyes84 wrote:
Hi there! SImplychicger & eyes84.. ive done a few PS in taiwan and am planning for my double eyelid revision now... but yet to confirm whether may or july. perhaps you gals would like to keep in contact?? any msn or email address?
you can email me at [email protected]

which doctor are you looking at? i read from the thread that dr chuang and dr su is good.. so i am looking at them.. let me know if may is good for you.. i am trying to go before the school holiday and summer vacation start.

Summer18

Post by Summer18 » Sun, 29 Mar 2009 10:08 pm

simplychicger wrote:
pink_fuchsia wrote:
simplychicger wrote: you can email me at [email protected]

which doctor are you looking at? i read from the thread that dr chuang and dr su is good.. so i am looking at them.. let me know if may is good for you.. i am trying to go before the school holiday and summer vacation start.
Hi gals..i'm planning to do db eyelid in between may to july. I'm interested to go together if possible. pls pm me your msn.

simplychicger

Post by simplychicger » Sun, 29 Mar 2009 11:28 pm

HI Summer18
can you give me yr email? i cant pm anyone coz not enough posting..