Singapore Expats

Education Documentation for Employment Pass

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:54 pm

Actually, Singapore is damned smart that way.

Just for the record, Singapore's Ministry of Manpower has teams in most countries that they accept accredited degrees from. These teams work in the background and liaise with the accredited schools and can verify most all degrees in a matter of days or weeks. They even have teams in places like Rangoon in Myanmar. These things I know for fact as late last year I lost two employees due to fake documentation from Myanmar. They were initially given "S" passes based on those documents but some 4 months later they were called up due to no official confirmation obtainable from said Uni in Yangon. Expediency is the name of the game in Singapore and MOM is pretty efficient. They get the people into the work force but continue to do background checks later. All are usually vetted if it's the first posting in Singapore.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers