Singapore Expats

Any recommendation on Personal Trainer in CBD

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
KYYG

Any recommendation on Personal Trainer in CBD

Post by KYYG » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 4:14 pm

Hi there,

I just moved to Singapore last weekend. My condominium is in CBD (nearest MRT is Raffles Place). It has a nice gym and tennis courts. Does any one know a good personal trainer and a tennis coach that are willing to give private lessons at my condo? I am at the beginner level for tennis.

Many thanks

WeightP

Re: Any recommendation on Personal Trainer in CBD

Post by WeightP » Sat, 21 Mar 2009 1:15 am

KYYG wrote:Hi there,

I just moved to Singapore last weekend. My condominium is in CBD (nearest MRT is Raffles Place). It has a nice gym and tennis courts. Does any one know a good personal trainer and a tennis coach that are willing to give private lessons at my condo? I am at the beginner level for tennis.

Many thanks
need any recommendation? do you find the gym well equip?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 21 Mar 2009 10:44 am

WeightP wrote:
KYYG wrote:Hi there,

Many thanks
need any recommendation? do you find the gym well equip?
WeightP, did you just wake up? Or you just cannot read? The OP already addressed both of your questions in their initial post. gym well equip? Believe that is POV. #-o

As it's your first post, I can only assume you are getting ready to give her a sales pitch or ask her to PM you or call or email you. .........

tic.....toc.....tic.....toc......tic.......
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

WeightP

Post by WeightP » Sat, 21 Mar 2009 9:56 pm

hi,
sorry about that, im just being tackful because i dont want to speak the wrong word and get myself banned. because im here to only hope i can help people get back into their life. please forgive.

BodyBlitz
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BodyBlitz » Sun, 22 Mar 2009 4:32 am

trainer and a tennis coach, i believe you have to choose one.
Both have their specific specialization -
tennis coach - tennis specific technique
personal trainer - goal dependent - physique/rehab/strength
http://bodyblitz.sg - A new era of fitness.

KYYG

Post by KYYG » Sun, 22 Mar 2009 11:13 am

Thanks. The gym is relatively well-equipped. I normally go in late morning when it is almost empty. I just want to have a trainer who can sort of work out with me and check my improvement. I know normally you can get this service in the fitness first or somewhere else. However, I realise the professional gyms in CBD are very expensive! I don’t want to pay a whopping joining fee just to check out which Personal Trainer I like to work with.

As for a tennis coach, I at the beginner level, I was hoping to get a tennis coach who is willing to do the private lessons at my condo. I don’t know whether it is possible in Singapore.

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Sun, 22 Mar 2009 12:23 pm

Ask the guard hut at the condo they are always on the take from tennis coaches and PT.

BodyBlitz
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BodyBlitz » Sun, 22 Mar 2009 12:58 pm

Yes for general fitness - If you're gym has a set of dumb bells from 5kg to 25kg its enough to do alot of things.

I've been working with many people, out of such gyms with minimal equipment.

The only problem with that is that some of my client actually out grow the gym haha.

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Post by sierra2469alpha » Sun, 22 Mar 2009 2:14 pm

BodyBlitz - do personal trainers charge differently for say, rehab vs. say an exercise regime? Case in point, my wife's fit, but I have an old spinal injury - how would it work in this case if we engaged a personal trainer for both? Appreciate your insight on that - thanks :)

KYYG

Post by KYYG » Sun, 22 Mar 2009 11:21 pm

Hi, there,

For some reason, I can't reply the PM directly.

Just want to say that all the info sent to me is much appreciated!

BodyBlitz
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BodyBlitz » Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:54 am

sierra2469alpha wrote:BodyBlitz - do personal trainers charge differently for say, rehab vs. say an exercise regime? Case in point, my wife's fit, but I have an old spinal injury - how would it work in this case if we engaged a personal trainer for both? Appreciate your insight on that - thanks :)
Of course, it takes more education/experience and constant skill upgrade for the latest medical research/wisdom and techniques/progression to work around an injury or to fix one.

So its a very specialize field, some what being a trainer and having the same knowledge as a physiotherapist, a hybrid of the two if you put it this way.

Note that everyone, including myself who is fit have dysfunctions so prior to the designing a compulsory screen is done to test for flexibility/mobility/stability to gather data. I use the one by gray cook - Functional movement screen to determine and a static postural screen.

If you're were my client, I would design a customized program specific to your body, from the stretching to the rehab exercises to get your bio mechanics in check together with re-aligning your body's muscle imbalance and fix your posture first - get everything working like it should.

Which will lead to teaching your proper form on the exercises and fine tuning what you're rehab-ed so far while working on your physical conditioning - interval training.

When you're ready, i'll move on strength workouts from Supersets, tri-sets and quad sets - saves alot of time and brings your conditioning up to speed.

Usually after that 3-4 months of consistent training, i'll spend about a week to do another round of rehab.

What I focus on is quality of movement and ensure that everything is working like it should. Most of the exercise/progression are adapted from some other coach that I've complied to cater to different people with different problems.

Thats what i'll do all my clients unless you're a senior citizen then i'll have to devise something to work with what you can do - like my 71 year old.

So it is important on who you engaged, and if you they better know their stuff if not they could do you more harm than good.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them.