Singapore Expats

Price wars to Hong Kong: Less than S$300 return!

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
jpatokal

Price wars to Hong Kong: Less than S$300 return!

Post by jpatokal » Tue, 11 May 2004 12:02 am

The price wars for Hong Kong are on! Take your pick:

United at S$294 return (book by May 13!)
Cathay Pacific at S$300 return (book by May 12!)
Valuair at S$300 return
Garuda at S$318 return
SQ at S$398 return

Cheap cheap -- normal prices are above S$600! :!: Beware of the small print though: taxes not included (S$56), UA and SQ require two to travel together, UA , CX and SQ require a two-night minimum stay, valid only on a certain flights, no mileage awarded for SQ, etc etc. But no prizes for guessing who's heading for Hong Kong this weekend 8)

NBB

Post by NBB » Tue, 11 May 2004 12:42 am

Tell me, where are you finding these? Online? Any flights to Bali that you can spot? Flying there next month; anything I can save on a ticket, I'd like to blow on my stay.

Have good time JP. Don't do anything I wouldn't do.

:-)

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Tue, 11 May 2004 7:03 pm

The links I posted were all to http://www.airfares.com.sg, which is a very good site for cheap flights -- keep an eye on the "Latest Promotions" pages. No real search capability though and the attached travel agency, Misa Travel, continues to amaze me with its general chaos and incompetence... made the mistake of booking with them once again, and needless to say no sign of my e-tickets in my mailbox yet :?

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Tue, 11 May 2004 7:14 pm

jpatokal wrote:Misa Travel, continues to amaze me with its general chaos and incompetence... made the mistake of booking with them once again, and needless to say no sign of my e-tickets in my mailbox yet :?
Correction! My e-ticket duly arrived today as duly promised. I won't get into why they chose to send me a poor-quality scan of a dot-matrix printout of my e-tickets instead of sending me the damn ticket itself though :roll:

NBB

Post by NBB » Tue, 11 May 2004 9:00 pm

Well, you got them.

Actually, I haven't had a decent ticket from SIA in years. They just send me the PDF and have me print it out. How's that for DIY? At least you're getting something tangible, I'm just getting a pulse of 0s and 1s ;-)

But this scruffy printout even gets me a return trip to Europe after it's been crumpled into near-oblivion in my suitcase for a month! Amazing!

Thanks for that URL.

PhantomX

No need for ticket

Post by PhantomX » Tue, 11 May 2004 9:13 pm

Nowadays with e-ticketing, you don't even need to present a ticket to get your boarding pass. I was at UA check at Chep Lap Kok, presented my passport and bingo boarding pass. But of course bring the e ticket along just in case you need proof, :lol: