Singapore Expats

HIGH SCHOOL Teacher from Australia

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
qt

HIGH SCHOOL Teacher from Australia

Post by qt » Thu, 19 Mar 2009 8:15 am

I recently applied for a high school position for Singapore (via an Aussie agency). Am still waiting for a reply, but am having 2nd tho'ts either way, as we just moved states & like where we are living + we only just feel like we've settled in. If we go to Singapore we want to make sure it's worth yet another move.
Has anyone taught in Singapore? What's it like? What is expected in a school there? Unfortunately my husband would be there without qualifications. He's happy to do any job even tho' we know the pay for him will be low. What kind of package would I need for it to be worthwhile for us? Accomodation, health & flights will be paid for. What would the cost of living for other things be like? (ie food, transport, etc..)
ANY info would be much appreciated!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 19 Mar 2009 7:21 pm

With all that you are asking, you can find a veritable treasure trove of information on this site just by using the search function at the top left side of the page just under where your profile link is located. After you have searched the site, if you find something that wasn't touched on, then please, feel free to ask specific questions. We are all volunteers here and even the moderators work full time jobs as well.

We love helping those who help themselves. There are a couple teachers here, one being "k1w1" right off the top of my head, who has given heaps of info over the years.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers