Singapore Expats

French-English Exchange - Thur 19 February

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
AGIS

French-English Exchange - Thur 19 February

Post by AGIS » Sat, 14 Feb 2009 9:35 am

Hello all, starting a new thread to try again to set up a French-English exchange. I had a couple of replies from the previous thread and suggest we try meeting from 7-9 PM on Thursday, 19 February at the StarBucks at the top of the escalator going from City Hall MRT to Raffles City. If you are interested, please post here or contact me directly at [email protected]

On me, I'm an American but lived over 10 years in France so my French is pretty good (though not perfect!). I am not a French teacher and just doing this for fun and to meet people. The contacts I've had so far are people looking to practice French, though I really hope that some of you French expats out there that want to work on your English join in so we can really make this a two way exchange. A group of five or six people would be great if we can swing it ...

chelsea0816
Regular
Regular

Post by chelsea0816 » Sat, 14 Feb 2009 11:23 am

hi, can i join in to learn French too? (i have no lessons before though)
I'll be glad to join in for conversational English, can give a few pointers on Mandarin too if need be :)

postmodernista

Post by postmodernista » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 8:55 am

Hey I'll be there.

Yes, I agree, it would be great if we could have some French speakers to add to the group!
I heart bunnies!

AGIS

still on ...

Post by AGIS » Wed, 18 Feb 2009 7:50 pm

There have not been tons of replies, but I would still like to push ahead with the English-French Exchange set for tomorrow. If you are coming, send me an e-mail ([email protected]) and I will give you my hand phone number so you can locate me in the StarBucks. Otherwise I'll be the guy there with the book "Mes adventures sur les routes du vin" on the table.

nahsiep

eh.... kindda late for this

Post by nahsiep » Tue, 17 Mar 2009 5:42 pm

erhmmm... just chanced upon this thread... r u guys organising another meetup soon? I'd be keen to come along. I studied in Montreal years ago et je parle un peu de francais. J'aimerais bien practiquer mon francais.

Pls PM me or drop me a mail at [email protected]

A bientot, j'espere

Cheers

AGIS

Will try again in April

Post by AGIS » Tue, 17 Mar 2009 8:52 pm

Sorry to all interested in the French-English exchange but very busy with work and will be away for two weeks starting next Monday on business. Will try to arrange something again in April when I am back. In the meantime, send an e-mail to [email protected] if you want to be included in my mailing list.

Best,

Patrick

xiaodanxd
Regular
Regular

Post by xiaodanxd » Tue, 17 Mar 2009 9:41 pm

Hi. I'm Dan, aged 20, a Singaporean. I'm keen to meet you up for coffee sometime for cultural exchanges. If you're okay, I'd like to be included in your mailing list - [email protected].