Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 16 Mar 2009 9:01 pm

pink petals wrote:i would say they won't have any recruitment for the whole of 2009, maybe just 1 write in?

the recession is really bad.

sigh... same here.. i am really old for the asia airlines...

i really hope and waiting for Emirates n BA to conduct recruitment. but i guess its not possible within this year
The recession will probably last well into 2010 before any improvement becomes evident. From what I have read elsewhere only the Arab countries are likely to see growth this year. BA usually recruits once a year beginning in October (at least since I have been posting). Time to gen up on your English and Mandarin (written and spoken), from what I have read here the tests are pretty severe.

christineyuki

Post by christineyuki » Mon, 16 Mar 2009 9:17 pm

Singapore Airlines mentioned in one of their newsletter that have suspended their cabin crew recruitment and 17 of their aircrafts are in use at the moment. Although they did not announce when they are going to restart the recruitments again, i have a feeling that the earliest will be in the second half of this year or even in the last quarter.
一緒に青い空へ~

pink petals
Regular
Regular

Post by pink petals » Mon, 16 Mar 2009 9:54 pm

Plavt wrote:
pink petals wrote:i would say they won't have any recruitment for the whole of 2009, maybe just 1 write in?

i really hope and waiting for Emirates n BA to conduct recruitment. but i guess its not possible within this year
The recession will probably last well into 2010 before any improvement becomes evident. From what I have read elsewhere only the Arab countries are likely to see growth this year. BA usually recruits once a year beginning in October (at least since I have been posting). Time to gen up on your English and Mandarin (written and spoken), from what I have read here the tests are pretty severe.
i am just saying my views, and i of course know that the recession is bad. who knows, maybe SIA might have a write in this yr? :)
will check with my few SIA stewardess friends.

u don't have to highlight what i said and make it sound like i am some silly girl who doesn't know anything. :)

anyway girls, just keep a look out for any cabin crew openings :)

i myself will be keeping a lookout for non-asian airlines, heeee.....

too fat and too old for asian airlines.... ;)

pink petals
Regular
Regular

Post by pink petals » Mon, 16 Mar 2009 9:56 pm

Mushroom wrote:

Sighed i also think there won't be much recruitment, have to wait till next year. Some of my cabin crew friends have shorter flights or more standbys.

Same here age is gonna be a issue for me pretty soon. And i'm not very tall, so i always have problem during the height measurement for International Airlines. :-|

Sometime because of this i really hate myself for being so ambitious to reject budget airline.
dun feel so bad. heee.. u can't be older than me ;)

keep a lookout and keep trying :)

i am old and fat, heee.. and i am still hanging on to the tiny hopes too. :)

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 16 Mar 2009 10:47 pm

pink petals wrote: u don't have to highlight what i said and make it sound like i am some silly girl who doesn't know anything. :)
Whoaa .. no need to blow a gasket! I am not trying to make you sound like anything, I would have said if I was. I merely highlighted the most relevant point of your post since the your major point was the recession. The rest of my reply was intended to give posters a few 'pointers.'

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 17 Mar 2009 9:39 pm

froggy wrote:is it true that SIA will check CC virginity????
i heard this from my mom's fren..
i'm interested to b CC in SIA but i wannna make sure whether they'll ask u fully dress off to check whether u r virgin or not.. :???:
Hmmm I think with what you have just said, it would be better if you look elsewhere for other open positions. :roll:

stripes

Post by stripes » Sat, 21 Mar 2009 8:10 pm

Oh no wat a lousy year, my age catching up. 29 next yr & no recruitment this yr. It'll be a greater challenge for next =(

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Mon, 23 Mar 2009 3:59 am

froggy wrote:is it true that SIA will check CC virginity????
i heard this from my mom's fren..
i'm interested to b CC in SIA but i wannna make sure whether they'll ask u fully dress off to check whether u r virgin or not.. :???:
If so then they won't be able to find any CC already :P Just for your infor. even if you were to take off all your dress, its still not possible to determine whether you are a virgin or not, it will need a medical check up to do that :shock:

yellowpig
Regular
Regular

Post by yellowpig » Tue, 24 Mar 2009 11:43 am

= )
Last edited by yellowpig on Thu, 21 Oct 2010 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 24 Mar 2009 3:14 pm

yellowpig wrote:why cease recruitment..
Customer numbers are falling, flights are being cancelled, planes are being grounded, current staff are taking unpaid leave. Hardly need new staff do they?....... :roll:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Fri, 27 Mar 2009 12:25 am

yellowpig wrote:why cease recruitment... oh man.. i would.. i would.. i would like to hope for a miracle and them to start recruiting..

have recruitment drives>attend> kana rejected

better than no recruitment drives.. :(
Gonna take some time. Doubt there will be any recruitment this year, least till late of this year. :wink:

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by calvink » Fri, 03 Apr 2009 11:13 am

Im sure when they have recruitment, the queue is gonna be dam long than usual....

carrie n

don't worry about that

Post by carrie n » Tue, 07 Apr 2009 1:15 am

no matter how many people are waiting, we should have our confidence

stripes

Post by stripes » Fri, 10 Apr 2009 3:00 pm

All the airline trades are so quiet now. Even e forum...

deja

Post by deja » Sun, 12 Apr 2009 10:35 pm

Just like others in here, i received an email from SIA in late Feb informing me that due to economic downturn, my assumption of duty has to be delayed until further notice. (I understand how shcoked and depressed you girls felt!)

Pardon me to share my case: In this recession, I am fortunate to have secured a job that is stable and with good pay. However, it comes with a 4 years dead bond that I have to commit myself to. Now, what should I do?! I can wait but only if justifiably or with hope.

my troubling thoughts now are:
- i DO want to be a CC; i am fine but not very enthusastic about the job offer in hand.
- i can still attempt to enter that industry after being a CC for years, but it is unlikely that i can/want to be a CC only at my age 4 years later.
- i can wait for SIA to restart its recruitment, but the job offer now will need my reply soon. give it up and i'll need to source for another job opening while waiting. we all know, that's not always easy in this recession.

my concerns are:
- how long would SIA most likely take to resume its recruitment?
- I passed my interviews at the end of 2008 and supposedly SIA only accepts notice period up to 6 months. in case SIA starts in recruit again in/after the thrid quarter of this year, how unlikely would I be required to go through the entire interview process starting from round 1 again? (you know, we are always confident but never certain if we can pass all rounds.)

I know that no one has definite answer to any of my concerns and questions. Nonetheless, I would like to be shared with your thoughts (: and I am hoping to hear some insights from those who are already in the industry. ladies out there, I am feeling lost.