Singapore Expats

Returning PR

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Opihiman

Returning PR

Post by Opihiman » Wed, 11 Mar 2009 3:55 pm

The wife and I were granted PR in 2005, but we moved to another SE Asian country in 2007 due to career-related change. Can I tell a prospective employer that I am Singapore PR and free to move back unencumbered??

Thanks.

(And thank you for not telling me to RTFF or do a search. I'm looking for a simple and quick answer and searching for it here on the forum is neither simple nor quick.)

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Wed, 11 Mar 2009 4:37 pm

tell them you were a PR.

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Wed, 11 Mar 2009 5:03 pm

You are still a PR, it will be your REP that could be the problem when come to renew it in 2010 (guessing you only got a 5 yr REP in 2005)

Yes you can tell prospective employees that you are PR but when you need to renew your REP you need to provide Tax/CPF details for previous year. I guess if you get a job soon and your current REP expires after April 2010 you should be able to provide a Tax return for 2009. Wouldn't know if that would be enough to be able to renew REP.

I wouldn't take the above as granted, just my thoughts

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Returning PR

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:53 pm

Opihiman wrote: (And thank you for not telling me to RTFF or do a search. I'm looking for a simple and quick answer and searching for it here on the forum is neither simple nor quick.)
That's all anybody ever wants. And who do you think does the search if you are too lazy? Who was your bloody slave last week? Your welcome. Jesus, some people's children..... :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:54 pm

Opihiman wrote: (And thank you for not telling me to RTFF or do a search. I'm looking for a simple and quick answer and searching for it here on the forum is neither simple nor quick.)
That's all anybody ever wants. And who do you think does the search if you are too lazy? Your welcome. You are a real piece of work. Who was your bloody slave last week? Some people's children..... :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Opihiman

Post by Opihiman » Thu, 12 Mar 2009 9:28 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
That's all anybody ever wants. And who do you think does the search if you are too lazy? Your welcome. You are a real piece of work. Who was your bloody slave last week? Some people's children..... :roll:
I was seeking the answer from someone who had it off the top of their head, because they recently had the same experience. Nobody asked anybody to waste their time.

But, looking at your response, you apparently have a lot of time to waste ... thanks anyway for your fine contribution ... both of them.