Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
hownowhownow

Post by hownowhownow » Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:03 am

hownowhownow wrote:hi all, what's the latest rate dr kao charge for a silicon/gortex nose implant? 8-)
anyone can advise pls? thanks :)

cupcakez
Regular
Regular

Taipei

Post by cupcakez » Wed, 11 Mar 2009 1:03 pm

Who's going Taipei end April/early May?

luckystrlit

THIS IS FOR -------->tanjhj

Post by luckystrlit » Wed, 11 Mar 2009 4:19 pm

CAN U GIVE ME THE WEBSITE WEHRE U GOT THAT INFORMATION PLEASE THANK YOU

mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular

Post by mikko_baby80 » Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:02 pm

25th Feb (Consultation Day)
The day hv finally come for me to meet Dr Kao face to face. Quite a few patients were waiting outside his room. After an hr has passed, finally the nurse called my name. Feeling somehow excited, I walked into the room. Dr Kao looked much younger than I thought. I asked a few post op care questions & we discussed into details what kind of nose I wanted. He asked if there's any ideal celebrity nose that I wanted. Happily took out my mobile & shown him the pic. He said result achievable by using rib & ear cartilage. I was quite reluctant to use bone graft for fear it might warp overtime. Dr Kao says chances of warping is as low as 2% & so far he seldom encounter warping cases. He continued to explain for my case, if just plainly an alar reduction, the result will not be fantastic. With his reassurance, I decided to go ahead with what he had advised.

27th Feb (Surgery Day)
Reached Kang Ning Hospital at abt 930am. Finished my 'check in' procedure & went for X-ray & blood test. After those test, the nurse directed me to my bed & I changed into my surgery robe. Shortly the nurse came in & put me on drip. I lie on the bed (feeling like a pig waiting to be butchered). Fortunately my fren was beside me to chit chat with, kinda ease my tension. Abt 1+pm, the nurse came in & say its time. They pushed my bed into the op ward. Dr Kao had a final discussion with me explaining what procedure he will be doing. He showed me a few celebrities & other gals photo offering me more options. After mutual agreement, the op is abt to start. Oh god, I was feeling even more nervous. Suddenly thousands of fear came floating into my mind. Will I be able to wake up? Will I be in terrible pain when i wake up? bleh.. Then Dr Kao came over chat with me for awhile & the nurse joined in the chat. The anesthesia effect came in very fast & I fell into a deep sleep. Few hrs later, when I woke up, I was bck in my ward. Dr Kao asked how I was feeling & whether am I in pain. I don't feel any pain yet probably anesthetic effect hv not wear off. I asked him what time was it & he replied 6+ & feeling drowsy, I felt asleep again. Abt 9+, my fren came & I woke up. I felt the pain slowly coming, especially when I tried to move, the pain fr the rib part was wicked. Throat feeling damn dry & pain too but I still couldn't drink yet. Nose feeling sore & slight bleeding. Going to the toilet is really a big challenge but luckily the toilet was juz a few steps fr my bed *thank god*. The moment I pull myself up fr the bed, it felt as if the rib wound is tearing me apart. I mastered a method of getting up fr the bed without much pain. The trick is the use both hand & place it at the back of your knee & rock urself up fr the bed so that the rib wound will not stretch too badly. First 3 days is the toughest. On day 3, my eyes were swollen & I looked gruesome. Don't even wanna look at the mirror. My appetite was quite good. I ate a lot & sleep a lot. On 4th day onwards I was getting beta & beta each day. Able to go out for short walk & dinner with a mask on the face. On day 7, went bck to hospital to hv my stitches removed. Quite painful but still bearable. I still hv a thread in my nose which can't be remove yet. Dr Kao says some stitches are difficult to remove bcoz my nose is still quite swollen. He tried to remove it but it was too painful so he stopped. He says after sometime when my nose de-swell, I can remove it myself & tell me to email me if i encounter any problems. For the first few days, I hated my nose, I find it still quite big & look like a pig's nose. Dr Kao only used rib cartilage for my case. Sadly I told him that I still find my nose quite bulbous, he explained that he did not narrow the width of my nose is bcoz he take into consideration of my face shape (being sharp & long), a too small nose will not suit my face. He says im swelling a lot & assured me that my bridge & tip will de swell much more. 13days hv passed, my nose is not so swollen but I hope it will continue to de swell more. I'm glad that I chose Dr Kao, he is indeed a very professional & attentive doc. On my discharge day, I asked if I can bath & he said can. Then he told the nurse to let me bring bck a cold pad & some plaster to change in case if it gets wet. The nurse sounded reluctant but Dr Kao insisted. I'm getting to like my new nose more & most impt the detestable 'Chao Tian Pi' is gone! I will post my photo up after my nose totally de swell.

Feedback on Accomodation (Lilai Hotel)
Located in between Ximending & Taipei stations.

Pros
1) Good location for buying food & transportation
2) Hotel quite old but overall considered clean
3) Wide variety of cable vision channels (I was totally glued to the tv during my confinement)
4) Daily breakfast included (but too little variety)
5) Cheap room rate at abt sgd$58/day
6) Close proximity to coin operated laundry
7) Serene environment
8) Bathtub available

Cons
1) Aircon not cold enough (but they provided a fan in the room. hahah)
2) Furniture slightly worn out & hard bed
3) Poor lighting
4) Lousy flushing system for their toilet bowl

All I can say is this hotel is considered not bad for a budget accomodation. Those who are interested can book thru this link which I did. http://www.agoda.com/asia/taiwan/taipei ... hotel.html
Last edited by mikko_baby80 on Mon, 16 Mar 2009 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Summer18

Post by Summer18 » Thu, 12 Mar 2009 7:37 pm

Hi cupcakez..i might be going to taiwan on early may. which doc are you planning to go?

janunicorn

mine with dr.wong

Post by janunicorn » Fri, 13 Mar 2009 9:57 am

Hey girl, realised it's a nig higher on your right eye on day 1. HOw is it now?
Mine just did and left eye slightly higher. Dr's nurse say need to waiut 2 months to confirm the results.

Is yours symmetrical now?
weeles wrote:Ok guys,

some pics after double eyelid plus epi with dr.Chuang:

Before

Day 1

2nd week, no make up

Epi scar still red and very obvious. Theres still some tightness and swelling. I'm too lazy to do the warm compress :P and Im still kinda paranoid bout putting any make up directly on the scar.

luckystrlit

eye lid srugery

Post by luckystrlit » Fri, 13 Mar 2009 11:10 am

THIS IS FOR THE GIRL WHO GOT EYE LID SURGERY (in the pictures) hey girl ur eyes loook great what doctor did u go to and where did u go can you give the information?

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Sat, 14 Mar 2009 8:37 am

Hey mikko_baby80,

welcome back, am so happy for you that yours is finally done, no more worries or panics whether if it will be painful or not.. :) Congrats congrats.

Speedy recovery for you ok, try not to bang into your nose.

As for those hidden stitches left inside, maybe you will want to visit Dr wong in SGH recommanded by dr kao, to remove them for you? Some updates on my autology rhinoplasty

Until now, i still have hidden stitches inside, can be quite painful inside the nostril as i notice a small pimple alike inside the nostril while i was cleaning my nostril... :x Shall be visiting Dr wong soon. :o

Up till date, i do still update Dr Kao about my recovery process, im into 4th month post-op of rib autology rhinoplasty, so far so good, im loving my new nose, no warping so far *touchwood*, however..still hopes that the nose bridge will go down alittle more, and kind of like alot of friends couldnt regconise me.. :-|

I have checked with Dr kao about my nose shape, and he said that my nose looks big change and improved a lot! Was happy enough that dr kao said that The nasolabial angle will stay there and will not rotate upward.
And that my nasal bridge will lower down gradually.

Well, i have made the right choice in going to dr kao for the autology rhinoplasty. :cool: 8-) \:D/

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Sat, 14 Mar 2009 8:53 am

Munchyboy wrote:Hi all, this is my first post, i would like to share every 1 my rhinoplasty experience in taiwan too. About a year ago, i went to dr chuang for rhinoplasty, i get to know him, when he first appear on tv @ kang xi host show in taiwan. and read many postive comments about him. after much considering, i decided to go for him.

On the day of consultation, i was amazed by the works he shown me, and he said hes able to give me the nose that i want with gortex. he advised me gortex is a safe material compare to silicon, although the price is higher. i agreed with him, and went for gortex implant. this costed me $70,000NTD.
Everything was fine except for the swelling part for the first 6 months when i was back to singapore, but my nose starts to contract after that, and sadly, the extrustion @ my nose tip starts to occur. Due to this , it really affect my work and life. i don even dare to walk out of my house sometimes. i was chained with all the negative thoughts. i emailed dr chuang and he replys he will do a revision for my nose for another $80,000 where he usually charge $120,000. i was like WTF.... well thanks but NO THANKS.

i went to dr kao in Taiwan for help instead. i would like to say many many thanks to dr kao, hes really a kind and skillful doctor. he even came and visited me during his off day, which really touched me.

Ok this is when i got really pissed off, when dr kao examine my nose , he told me its silicon and not gortex, and at that moment i feel like being badly cheated. i was given the silicon after my operation. every time i see the silicon implant, it reminds me of being cheated. during hospitalised i get to know one of dr kao patient, was really happy to know this great guy, he told me i should post my views about dr chuang when i get back to singapore even though some ppl will flame me for this.

Hi munchyboy,

glad that you like your new nose now, its a good thing you went to dr kao. :)

I have the same kind of experiences with you that my 1st rhino was at KALO which claims to use goretex, but ended up when the implant was being removed, then came to know that it is actually silicone.
Well, dont dwell with the past baddy experiences lar, be happy just adore your new look everyday. :)

mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular

Post by mikko_baby80 » Sat, 14 Mar 2009 6:36 pm

hi appletree,
i'm extremely happy too tat i've finally done my nose & glad tat i choose dr kao. when i was unpacking few days ago & hanging my clothes bck in the wardrobe, i accidentally bump the hanger onto my nose. OUCH!! luckily it was only a short pain & my nose did not go out of place. haha.. i gotta be more careful in future. perhaps i'll wait for few more mths & will look for dr wong to take out those stitches. aww.. i understand the pain, i tried to pull the thread too but it was juz too painful. hope dr wong able to take out all ur stitches without much pain. during my consultation, dr kao mentioned tat warping will only occurs in the first 1-2mths. its great to hear the positive result for ur nose after tis 4mths, hope ur nose will continue to improve further. thanks for ur update apple. :D
Last edited by mikko_baby80 on Sat, 14 Mar 2009 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cupcakez
Regular
Regular

Post by cupcakez » Sat, 14 Mar 2009 7:49 pm

Summer18 wrote:Hi cupcakez..i might be going to taiwan on early may. which doc are you planning to go?
I'll be going to see Dr Chuang, wanna meet up?

missybellz

Post by missybellz » Sun, 15 Mar 2009 3:22 pm

hi all..i will be doing my eyes and forehead augmentation and nose..can anyone advise me if i do not want to do all these 3 procedures at one go..which one shud i do first/last? thks!

Munchyboy

Post by Munchyboy » Sun, 15 Mar 2009 10:07 pm

appletree wrote:
Munchyboy wrote:Hi all, this is my first post, i would like to share every 1 my rhinoplasty experience in taiwan too. About a year ago, i went to dr chuang for rhinoplasty, i get to know him, when he first appear on tv @ kang xi host show in taiwan. and read many postive comments about him. after much considering, i decided to go for him.

On the day of consultation, i was amazed by the works he shown me, and he said hes able to give me the nose that i want with gortex. he advised me gortex is a safe material compare to silicon, although the price is higher. i agreed with him, and went for gortex implant. this costed me $70,000NTD.
Everything was fine except for the swelling part for the first 6 months when i was back to singapore, but my nose starts to contract after that, and sadly, the extrustion @ my nose tip starts to occur. Due to this , it really affect my work and life. i don even dare to walk out of my house sometimes. i was chained with all the negative thoughts. i emailed dr chuang and he replys he will do a revision for my nose for another $80,000 where he usually charge $120,000. i was like WTF.... well thanks but NO THANKS.

i went to dr kao in Taiwan for help instead. i would like to say many many thanks to dr kao, hes really a kind and skillful doctor. he even came and visited me during his off day, which really touched me.

Ok this is when i got really pissed off, when dr kao examine my nose , he told me its silicon and not gortex, and at that moment i feel like being badly cheated. i was given the silicon after my operation. every time i see the silicon implant, it reminds me of being cheated. during hospitalised i get to know one of dr kao patient, was really happy to know this great guy, he told me i should post my views about dr chuang when i get back to singapore even though some ppl will flame me for this.

Hi munchyboy,

glad that you like your new nose now, its a good thing you went to dr kao. :)

I have the same kind of experiences with you that my 1st rhino was at KALO which claims to use goretex, but ended up when the implant was being removed, then came to know that it is actually silicone.
Well, dont dwell with the past baddy experiences lar, be happy just adore your new look everyday. :)
Thanks Appletree :D i will heed your advice ^^ right now my nose tip is still swelling, but i believe it will come down as Dr kao say so.

To Mikko_baby: Congrats to you! i believe Dr Kao must have done a great work on you.

graysnow

Post by graysnow » Sun, 15 Mar 2009 11:36 pm

Hi Munchyboy

After you did your rhinoplasty, how bad was the initial swelling? Can you still go out? Or after how many days then u r able to go out without the bandages or bad swelling etc? Thanks

Munchyboy

Post by Munchyboy » Mon, 16 Mar 2009 1:18 am

graysnow wrote:

Hi Munchyboy

After you did your rhinoplasty, how bad was the initial swelling? Can you still go out? Or after how many days then u r able to go out without the bandages or bad swelling etc? Thanks
Hi Graysnow, normally, the worst swelling will be on the 2nd day, i stayed in hospital for 3 days due to mine is a re-rhino plus extrusion case. normally u will be staying in hospital for 2 days if u chosen Dr kao. i went out on the 5th day with my all time fav patient Mask!! i still wear my "mask" till the day i return to singapore as I wasn't too comfortable to show my swelling nose.

Thanks to the Dr kao and the friend who i get to know during my hospitalization recommend me to buy "WU KONG CAO" a kind of chinese herb drink which is very very effective. its highly recommended by the nurses . :D