Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Post by appletree » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 6:05 am

Hi OversizedT Nose,

sorry to hear about your bad experiences.

I agreed with babyangel..that you may want to consider emailing dr kao or dr hsu regarding this issue for revision? i think he is a student of dr torumi's... who knows, maybe he does better job than dr toriumi?

Hi anles,

how is your nose doing now? :)
I still have troublesome undissolve stitches inside every now and then i think... :? Regretted not having all the stitches by dr kao before i left taiwan.

All people going to dr kao soon, good luck and do share with us after the surgery :)

hownowhownow

Post by hownowhownow » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 6:22 am

hi all, what's the latest rate dr kao charge for a silicon/gortex nose implant? 8-)

sakuranbo

Post by sakuranbo » Tue, 03 Mar 2009 10:59 am

Anyone had expierence with this Dr. Tsai? http://www.medi-life.com.tw/
his web is full of info in PS and his work looks awsome as well, his prices are affordable to me. I'd like to know if hes a reputible doc or not

e3323

Post by e3323 » Thu, 05 Mar 2009 2:53 pm

I used to be a member of several american cosmetic surgery forums and i can testify to what OversizedTNose is saying. I myself never used toriumi but on the forums i used to be on we had many different users complain about his noses. Every month we got 1-3 new members complaining about toriumi's noses.

What i dont understand is why he uses rib grafts for a primary rhinoplasty on a caucasian. Caucasians do not need any grafts as they have enough projection.

every single toriumi patient complains about the same things:

- the nose is too projected
- the nose is too long
- the nose looks unnatural
- the nose is over all way too big

Sometimes they also complain about functionality issues and asymmetry but its mostly the fact that the nose is huge and ugly.

Also check out all the people complaining about him on ratemds:

http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/9 ... go/Toriumi

It seems like Toriumi is doing horrible rhinoplastys on purpose. There have been cases where all patients wanted was a smaller nose and he used rib graft. It doesnt take a cosmetic surgeon or even an MD to know that you dont use a rib graft on someone who JUST wants a SMALLER nose.

He's gotta know from the results he yeilds and the complaints he gets that he uses way too much rib graft (when NONE should be used). I dont think hes inept or stupid, but i believe that he suffers from some sort of mental illness.

imaboyonce

Post by imaboyonce » Mon, 09 Mar 2009 7:40 am

i feel sorry for you oversizednose ToT. /comfort

Munchyboy

Post by Munchyboy » Mon, 09 Mar 2009 8:03 am

Hi all, this is my first post, i would like to share every 1 my rhinoplasty experience in taiwan too. About a year ago, i went to dr chuang for rhinoplasty, i get to know him, when he first appear on tv @ kang xi host show in taiwan. and read many postive comments about him. after much considering, i decided to go for him.

On the day of consultation, i was amazed by the works he shown me, and he said hes able to give me the nose that i want with gortex. he advised me gortex is a safe material compare to silicon, although the price is higher. i agreed with him, and went for gortex implant. this costed me $70,000NTD.
Everything was fine except for the swelling part for the first 6 months when i was back to singapore, but my nose starts to contract after that, and sadly, the extrustion @ my nose tip starts to occur. Due to this , it really affect my work and life. i don even dare to walk out of my house sometimes. i was chained with all the negative thoughts. i emailed dr chuang and he replys he will do a revision for my nose for another $80,000 where he usually charge $120,000. i was like WTF.... well thanks but NO THANKS.

i went to dr kao in Taiwan for help instead. i would like to say many many thanks to dr kao, hes really a kind and skillful doctor. he even came and visited me during his off day, which really touched me.

Ok this is when i got really pissed off, when dr kao examine my nose , he told me its silicon and not gortex, and at that moment i feel like being badly cheated. i was given the silicon after my operation. every time i see the silicon implant, it reminds me of being cheated. during hospitalised i get to know one of dr kao patient, was really happy to know this great guy, he told me i should post my views about dr chuang when i get back to singapore even though some ppl will flame me for this.

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Post by feline.eyes » Mon, 09 Mar 2009 8:10 am

Munchyboy wrote:Hi all, this is my first post, i would like to share every 1 my rhinoplasty experience in taiwan too. About a year ago, i went to dr chuang for rhinoplasty, i get to know him, when he first appear on tv @ kang xi host show in taiwan. and read many postive comments about him. after much considering, i decided to go for him.

On the day of consultation, i was amazed by the works he shown me, and he said hes able to give me the nose that i want with gortex. he advised me gortex is a safe material compare to silicon, although the price is higher. i agreed with him, and went for gortex implant. this costed me $70,000NTD.
Everything was fine except for the swelling part for the first 6 months when i was back to singapore, but my nose starts to contract after that, and sadly, the extrustion @ my nose tip starts to occur. Due to this , it really affect my work and life. i don even dare to walk out of my house sometimes. i was chained with all the negative thoughts. i emailed dr chuang and he replys he will do a revision for my nose for another $80,000 where he usually charge $120,000. i was like WTF.... well thanks but NO THANKS.

i went to dr kao in Taiwan for help instead. i would like to say many many thanks to dr kao, hes really a kind and skillful doctor. he even came and visited me during his off day, which really touched me.

Ok this is when i got really pissed off, when dr kao examine my nose , he told me its silicon and not gortex, and at that moment i feel like being badly cheated. i was given the silicon after my operation. every time i see the silicon implant, it reminds me of being cheated. during hospitalised i get to know one of dr kao patient, was really happy to know this great guy, he told me i should post my views about dr chuang when i get back to singapore even though some ppl will flame me for this.
Even though some people might question your intent, I think people are entitle to put up their experiences if they feel like sharing it with the others. Positive or negative, I think its great that people share their experiences as long as they can stand by it.

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter

Post by feline.eyes » Mon, 09 Mar 2009 8:24 am

e3323 wrote:I used to be a member of several american cosmetic surgery forums and i can testify to what OversizedTNose is saying. I myself never used toriumi but on the forums i used to be on we had many different users complain about his noses. Every month we got 1-3 new members complaining about toriumi's noses.

What i dont understand is why he uses rib grafts for a primary rhinoplasty on a caucasian. Caucasians do not need any grafts as they have enough projection.

every single toriumi patient complains about the same things:

- the nose is too projected
- the nose is too long
- the nose looks unnatural
- the nose is over all way too big

Sometimes they also complain about functionality issues and asymmetry but its mostly the fact that the nose is huge and ugly.

Also check out all the people complaining about him on ratemds:

http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/9 ... go/Toriumi

It seems like Toriumi is doing horrible rhinoplastys on purpose. There have been cases where all patients wanted was a smaller nose and he used rib graft. It doesnt take a cosmetic surgeon or even an MD to know that you dont use a rib graft on someone who JUST wants a SMALLER nose.

He's gotta know from the results he yeilds and the complaints he gets that he uses way too much rib graft (when NONE should be used). I dont think hes inept or stupid, but i believe that he suffers from some sort of mental illness.
I went to Dr Hsu (he was an understudy of Dr Toriumi) and am currently facing the same problems as stated (and then some). But I guess even with the best doctor, bad reviews/results can happen. I took note of the positive reviews of Dr Hsu before deciding on him but...

It is a gamble and it sucks when you become the statistics.

Munchyboy

Post by Munchyboy » Mon, 09 Mar 2009 8:51 am

feline.eyes wrote:
Munchyboy wrote:Hi all, this is my first post, i would like to share every 1 my rhinoplasty experience in taiwan too. About a year ago, i went to dr chuang for rhinoplasty, i get to know him, when he first appear on tv @ kang xi host show in taiwan. and read many postive comments about him. after much considering, i decided to go for him.

Even though some people might question your intent, I think people are entitle to put up their experiences if they feel like sharing it with the others. Positive or negative, I think its great that people share their experiences as long as they can stand by it.
Thanks feline.eyes :D

e3323

Post by e3323 » Tue, 10 Mar 2009 8:15 am

The original post in this thread says:

-Dr Jimmy Chuang
www.wishclinic.com.tw

A surgeon base in Taipei reputed to be one of the best mammoplasty surgeons in Taiwan. He is also widely noted for his blepharoplasty, epicanthoplasty and lateral epicanthoplasty.

If this is the case how come there are no examples of lateral canthoplastys on his website....none. In fact no mention of this procedure at all..

I can not find ANY surgeons that do this procedure. Not in thailand, not in korea, not in Taiwan....it is like this procedure is not done in all of asia! If anyone can show me ANY surgeons in korea/taiwan/thailand that have an example of this procedure on their website please post.....

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Tue, 10 Mar 2009 9:32 am

e3323 wrote:The original post in this thread says:

-Dr Jimmy Chuang
www.wishclinic.com.tw

A surgeon base in Taipei reputed to be one of the best mammoplasty surgeons in Taiwan. He is also widely noted for his blepharoplasty, epicanthoplasty and lateral epicanthoplasty.

If this is the case how come there are no examples of lateral canthoplastys on his website....none. In fact no mention of this procedure at all..

I can not find ANY surgeons that do this procedure. Not in thailand, not in korea, not in Taiwan....it is like this procedure is not done in all of asia! If anyone can show me ANY surgeons in korea/taiwan/thailand that have an example of this procedure on their website please post.....
hmmm, a google search brought me to this page
http://drpark.co.kr/eng/med01.htm
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter

Post by feline.eyes » Tue, 10 Mar 2009 9:41 am

e3323 wrote:If this is the case how come there are no examples of lateral canthoplastys on his website....none. In fact no mention of this procedure at all..

There are examples of lateral epicanthoplasty on both Artwood's and Wish's websites. They are in Chinese... but yes there are examples. Romanization of the Chinese name of the procedure is "Kai Yan Wei". A common procedure in Korea too but I can't give you any concrete information on the clinics there because I am not familiar with that place. Plenty of clinics in Japan offer it too but again I can't tell you where. Most of the information will be in their mother tongue so I suggest emailing the doctors personally to find out more.

e3323

Post by e3323 » Tue, 10 Mar 2009 9:48 am

aadvark wrote:
e3323 wrote:The original post in this thread says:

-Dr Jimmy Chuang
www.wishclinic.com.tw

hmmm, a google search brought me to this page
http://drpark.co.kr/eng/med01.htm
Wait...now i have absolutely no idea what procedure i need and am more confused than ever! I thought the purpose of a lateral canthoplasty was to lift the corners of the eyes....not make them longer. Their example of a lateral canthoplasty is not what i want at all....not even close.

My problem is the outer corners of my eyes really droop down. I want uptilted eyes. What procedure would do this?

please help!

e3323

Post by e3323 » Tue, 10 Mar 2009 9:50 am

feline.eyes wrote:
e3323 wrote:If this is the case how come there are no examples of lateral canthoplastys on his website....none. In fact no mention of this procedure at all..

There are examples of lateral epicanthoplasty on both Artwood's and Wish's websites. They are in Chinese... but yes there are examples. Romanization of the Chinese name of the procedure is "Kai Yan Wei". A common procedure in Korea too but I can't give you any concrete information on the clinics there because I am not familiar with that place. Plenty of clinics in Japan offer it too but again I can't tell you where. Most of the information will be in their mother tongue so I suggest emailing the doctors personally to find out more.
The wish clinic has an english version....and there are no examples of a lateral canthoplasty.....zero. I looked there for an hour. Maybe its on the chinese version but not the english version? If so can you post a link to the example....even if it is in chinese.

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter

Post by feline.eyes » Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:32 am

e3323 wrote:The wish clinic has an english version....and there are no examples of a lateral canthoplasty.....zero. I looked there for an hour. Maybe its on the chinese version but not the english version? If so can you post a link to the example....even if it is in chinese.
The English version is a digest of the Chinese one. So there are pictures on the Chinese version. But after reading your reply to aadvard, I think looking at the pictures would prove futile; they are just pictures of lengthened eyes.

I still think emailing the doctors for professional advice would be better than just scouring around in a forum. Laid it bare for them so they understand what you want to achieve. Tell them you want to have less droopy eyes and ask them for recommendation on what kind of procedures to achieve that. Send them pictures of yourself, frontal and side profile to give them a better idea. Also include pictures of what you would prefer the end results to look like. Just mass email all the clinics and see what kind of information you can get and than read up more on the procedures suggested to you from medical journals. I don't think anyone in the forum can give you the kind of information you are looking for since we are mostly Asians doing standard Asian procedures. Procedures to look Asian would be... like selling sand at a beach.