Singapore Expats

NS liability for spouse sponcer PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
nath

NS liability for spouse sponcer PR

Post by nath » Tue, 17 Feb 2009 11:37 am

Hi I have applied for PR sponcered by my spouse and i got approved letter.In that it was mentioned as liable for NS. let some body clarify me weather I have to do NS if i got PR.
very advance thanks to all

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 17 Feb 2009 1:15 pm

Yes you are liable for NS when you become a PR, but you will probably not have to do NS. You wont actually find out until after you become PR!

I stress probably not as I haven't come across anyone that's become a PR and been made to do NS yet.

Stoven

Post by Stoven » Fri, 27 Feb 2009 1:19 pm

My wife just received my NS letter. How do I waive NS? Do I need to login to www.ns.sg using my singpass and update my profile? I just want to make sure I do it right since I don't want to do something incorrectly and have to end up serving NS.

What is the procedure to waive NS? Can I do it on the NS website? I am currently in the US and won't be returning to Singapore until after the deadline to register for NS.

Thanks,

Steve

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Fri, 27 Feb 2009 1:23 pm

Stoven wrote:My wife just received my NS letter. How do I waive NS? Do I need to login to www.ns.sg using my singpass and update my profile? I just want to make sure I do it right since I don't want to do something incorrectly and have to end up serving NS.

What is the procedure to waive NS? Can I do it on the NS website? I am currently in the US and won't be returning to Singapore until after the deadline to register for NS.

Thanks,

Steve
Yes can do it all online, just login with Singpass and need to fill out a few details, submit and you will find out straightaway whether you are required to do NS.

Better start getting in some training, you never know :lol:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 27 Feb 2009 1:39 pm

Just think, when you are doing the early morning PT exercises you are thanking the Government here for giving you PR! Remember that as they decrease your subsidies as well. You give, give & give and they take, take & take. AND expect you to smile the whole time. (but don't smile during the inspections!)

With more and more Singaporeans breaking their bonds and not coming back from overseas uni's to do their NS, the odds of you having to do it are greater and greater. Have fun.... :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Stoven

Post by Stoven » Sun, 01 Mar 2009 12:49 pm

Thanks for the info Saint. I can't register for NS for another week. Hopefully I'll be exempt. But if not, at least it would help me get in shape! Early morning PT is all indoors right? With AC?

Steve

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 01 Mar 2009 11:58 pm

At least you've got a good sense of humour! :mrgreen:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Tue, 03 Mar 2009 10:06 pm

Stoven wrote:Early morning PT is all indoors right? With AC?
That's right, with Singapore Girls serving up Slings with cocktail umbrellas on that fabulous paradise island in the South China Sea, Pulau Tekong!
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague