Singapore Expats

Nose Piercing

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
ayumi1976

Nose Piercing

Post by ayumi1976 » Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:09 am

Hi, I would like to do a nose piercing..Anyone can recommend?? Is it good or bad???

1) How much for the piercing?
2) Where can I pierce?? (any recommended place)
3) Is it good to use hand or gun (for piercing)?
4) Can we buy our own stud and get them pierce?
5) How long does it take to recover when the 1st day of piercing?
Last edited by ayumi1976 on Wed, 25 Feb 2009 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dimensionspectrum
Regular
Regular

Re: Nose Piercing

Post by dimensionspectrum » Wed, 28 Jan 2009 11:13 pm

ayumi1976 wrote:Hi, I would like to do a nose piercing..Anyone can recommend?? Is it good or bad???
I pierced twice and still failed. LOL
1st time i took it out to clean up the pus..an infection apparently..and i couldnt put it back bcos it was too painful.....

2nd time it healed well, but aft i took it out for a facial...i couldnt put it back again....and i gave up!

now there's a scar but it isnt obvious unless i pinpoint to my friends where it is.

No good or bad....but i think i look better without one.
I have friends who did it and they look nice..it really depends wad kind of look you want for yourself i guess.

Charmingaladdin

Post by Charmingaladdin » Fri, 30 Jan 2009 9:15 am

give it a try,ayumi.it'll hurt 4 a few days but u'll look gr8.steer away from the norm like navel or ear piercing.

thescribe

Post by thescribe » Fri, 30 Jan 2009 11:10 am

i went swimming a week after i got mine and it was sorely infected! other than that first-time folly i've had mine for the past 3 years now and it hasnt been a problem. you can get replacement nosestuds and at some shops in far east plaza they're so nice to even offer to help u change - at least thats what they did when i said i was squeamish. hhaha!

BodyBlitz
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BodyBlitz » Fri, 30 Jan 2009 4:58 pm

The Gun method is really bad.
It jams a stud into your nose and squeeze it tight.
If you can try to do it manually with a bodyshop and then change to the nylon stick so that you can take it out and disinfect it regularly
http://bodyblitz.sg - A new era of fitness.

Gypsy Queen
Regular
Regular

Post by Gypsy Queen » Sun, 01 Feb 2009 9:56 pm

I had it done with no infections and no problems at all in a jewellers in Little India and it was done by hand not with the gun. I also had no pain afterwards! If you do take out the stud and you find it hard to put the stud back in then use a small ice cube to numb it slightly and then pop the stud through again, its simple! Doing it by hand also means that you will have more choice when it comes to the nose studs as the size of the piercing is different.
Hope that helps!

ayumi1976

Post by ayumi1976 » Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:31 pm

Charmingaladdin wrote:give it a try,ayumi.it'll hurt 4 a few days but u'll look gr8.steer away from the norm like navel or ear piercing.
Hi thanks....charmingaladdin...but have u do the piercing???if yes, is it hurt n where u do the piercing..

ayumi1976

Post by ayumi1976 » Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:34 pm

Gypsy Queen wrote:I had it done with no infections and no problems at all in a jewellers in Little India and it was done by hand not with the gun. I also had no pain afterwards! If you do take out the stud and you find it hard to put the stud back in then use a small ice cube to numb it slightly and then pop the stud through again, its simple! Doing it by hand also means that you will have more choice when it comes to the nose studs as the size of the piercing is different.
Hope that helps!
Hi...thanks Gypsy Queen..how much u done that?????? Wat u mean done by hand???

MeganMilan

Post by MeganMilan » Fri, 13 Feb 2009 2:38 am

I did nose piercing for 5 times. It drops out everytime i wash my face or asleep & on the next day i woke, it bleeds & infected. Now my nose is recovered but it left an awful black mark on it. :(

Gypsy Queen
Regular
Regular

Post by Gypsy Queen » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 9:46 am

ayumi1976 wrote:
Gypsy Queen wrote:I had it done with no infections and no problems at all in a jewellers in Little India and it was done by hand not with the gun. I also had no pain afterwards! If you do take out the stud and you find it hard to put the stud back in then use a small ice cube to numb it slightly and then pop the stud through again, its simple! Doing it by hand also means that you will have more choice when it comes to the nose studs as the size of the piercing is different.
Hope that helps!
Ayumi, dont quite understand what you mean by 'how much u done that'? also'by hand' means that they do not use the gun method but use their hands to pierce the stud through.

xshishi

Post by xshishi » Sun, 22 Feb 2009 11:43 am

Don pierce.. i regretted.. now my nose got a black hole then like got a mole there.. very ugly.. need lots of concealer to conceal it..

ayumi1976

Post by ayumi1976 » Wed, 25 Feb 2009 6:43 pm

Gypsy Queen wrote:
ayumi1976 wrote:
Hope that helps!
Ayumi, dont quite understand what you mean by 'how much u done that'? also'by hand' means that they do not use the gun method but use their hands to pierce the stud through.
I mean how much u done for the ear piercing? By Hand? Is it will be pain???

Gypsy Queen
Regular
Regular

Post by Gypsy Queen » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 6:59 pm

ayumi1976 wrote:
Gypsy Queen wrote:
ayumi1976 wrote: Hi...thanks Gypsy Queen..how much u done that?????? Wat u mean done by hand???
Ayumi I am referring to NOSE piercing not ear piercing, this is what the original post is about and what everyone is writing about. By hand means they push the stud through your nose BY HAND rather than with a gun. How much depends on where you did it and the price of stud, I think I paid around $30 for the procedure and more for the diamond stud.

frgirl

Post by frgirl » Mon, 02 Mar 2009 10:36 am

hello,ayumi.if u want to do nose pierced.maybe u can try to pierce at hougang central.i did mine there.they use hand pressured instrument to pierce.it is more safe,sterile,less painful and gentle.around $35.quite expensive.but it is worth,so i paid it. :)

ayumi1976

Post by ayumi1976 » Thu, 05 Mar 2009 12:24 am

Gypsy Queen wrote:
ayumi1976 wrote:
Gypsy Queen wrote: Ayumi, dont quite understand what you mean by 'how much u done that'? also'by hand' means that they do not use the gun method but use their hands to pierce the stud through.
Ayumi I am referring to NOSE piercing not ear piercing, this is what the original post is about and what everyone is writing about. By hand means they push the stud through your nose BY HAND rather than with a gun. How much depends on where you did it and the price of stud, I think I paid around $30 for the procedure and more for the diamond stud.
Hi, Sorry..yeah its nose piercing not EAR PIERCING as wat I have mentioned..TYPING ERROR..Neway thanks for your kindly advised.