Singapore Expats

Lifestyle Trader - Aussie Rob

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
Bafana

Lifestyle Trader - Aussie Rob

Post by Bafana » Thu, 06 Nov 2008 9:43 pm

Anyone heard of this guy and his product.

Got a free 2hr DVD on the front of an Aussie Investment Magazine (exploring Rich Dad Poor Dad options right now as good time to enter the market) and have watched over half of the Aussie Rob DVD so far.

From what I can tell his science is reasonable and his explanations on trading have taught me a lot but it all seems too good to be true. My guess is that the killer is in the subscription and services charges that are apparent from his website payable to him no matter what (he looks like he is providing tracking software, updates and an option to do the trades) whilst all risk remains with the subscriber/investor.

Not sure why anyone would want to go down this line when online trading is available at as low as 0.1% fees a transaction especially when his advice seem to be on how to play the trends rather then on any particular market strategy.

Anyone know anything about this or has an opinion?

BTW seem to remember seeing a bit of grief on similar business set ups in the US where people were putting down a lot of money and not getting very far (Think it was Crime and investigation channel about 1.5 years ago)
Be Like Water

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Zeenit » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 8:45 am

A trader once said, " if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it is a duck." meaning if you think there is something wrong, there is something wrong. Stay clear away.
Zeenit

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Post by sierra2469alpha » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 9:23 am

Hi Baf - from my experience any trading "solution" is dodgy - my thinking is that if it's so good, then how come the major players don't use the same system!!

Does this fellow talk about money management? What is the basis for his entry/exits?

The best advice I can give you is to have a look for Daryl Guppy's book, Share Trading. He explains his concepts well and there is a sound basis to his money management (which is half the "battle" IMHO).

One other thing that concerns me is him providing the software and trading platform. Seems a little strange and as you say that's a nice little earner for him. Personally, metastock, MDSNews, and E*trade are stable, reliable products that suit my trading style, and apart from the initial purchase, there's no ongoing fee - just brokerage.

HTH, Mr. P

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 10:18 am

http://www.lifestyletrader.com.au/

His website is above.

Anyone else got any feedback?

BTW thanks so far.
Be Like Water

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Post by sierra2469alpha » Fri, 07 Nov 2008 11:48 am

Baf - if you haven't already, I'd check this punter out with ASIC and just do some general googling - looking at the pricing, and the pricing structure, personally, I'd be very careful indeed.

HTH, P

almostequator

Post by almostequator » Sat, 20 Dec 2008 9:56 pm

be carefule!!!
almost is not enough..

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Sun, 21 Dec 2008 11:13 pm

Yeah - Totally agree.

Have been looking around and watched his DVD a few times. It didn't feel right for what they are offering when you can do the same yourself.

I also felt a lot of uneasiness in having all these trades filtered through their system and put in front of me in a predetermined buy/sell pattern - Almost like controlling the users cash flow and where the cash flows who knows who may be making money out of it especially if they know on average how many people will be putting their money that way.

Besides still not happy with the concept of short selling which to me looks like you are hoping for others to loose money on what you sell them.

Anyone else thinking to start investing in markets suggest you start reading books/magazines and when ready dry trading - Also find a good forum in the market you will be investing in.
Be Like Water

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 3:03 am

My two cents would be to study the information and pick his brains, rather than fall for the software package of cutting risk. The reason being that I could also list all the same reasons, but you still have to act on the call and normally you wouldn't. and if you did, it would probably be the wrong shot, and you are still to blame.

My own risk assessment would probably have a variation of risk compared to your own, spread over time, the risks get bigger, even if his package was very cheap at say 50$, he doesn't have much to lose in the world of gambling and investment. he knows, and we know, there are literally thousands if not millions of investors, that have no idea, what they are doing, they gamble, they take very high risk, of no research, close their eyes and stick a pin in the data, can just as well turn up a positive return.

These thousands of people may also buy the product, the guy is making money on gamblers, rather than investors, that do their research well... by all means watch the DVD's and visit seminars, providing they are free, but think twice, to invest money and having faith in others than yourself.

If i was to recruit many investors, some are also bound to turn profit, probably more would lose money, but I would only be interested in the positive feedback for my marketing campaign, not those that lost everything. stick with your own knowledge, gut feeling and be responsible for your own call, that way you can look into your own mistakes, in stead of looking into other peoples ,mistakes and finding excuses.

I'm down 75% but confident it will return, providing they don't go bankrupt, and there is no way i would dump, in fact i am at present averaging down in some of the companies, and forgetting also about some of them too, but I would never dump the share, because i am not playing with money, that i need in the short term, and i can also afford to never see it, because its never been tangible, although it is quite a significant amount.

But what the hell, I could be dead, within 5 minutes of writing this post, so does it really matter, then i think of the poor family's that have lost all their CPF money, and i do know some, that actually paid 3000$ on investment courses and seminars over the last 4 years.

I never pay to listen to guys sell their products, i would go and listen to free seminars, with an expectation of meeting closer's, or really good high pressure salesmen, that work in teams, to distract, and seduce, to get a signature on the dotted line, these guys are the cream of the cons, that drive Lamborghini and Ferrari cars.

Also known has fly by nights, they take the commission on pressured sales and do a runner, knowing well, that complaints will be made, and they will not be working for the company longer than required.

Although in the investment game, software that can predict is a good seller, because there is a market for dreams and some will win but the majority will lose, at the end of the day it is still your call.

I also never short prices, or do margin trading, even though i have had the offer from my broker, margin trading in a falling market is a mugs game, and in a bull market the risk is higher, than i am wishing to go.

But day trading or short term trading and T/A i love, because i have more control over my portfolio.

Until I leave it alone, then it is likely to get out of control, because I am busy with other commitments. Hot data is the key to short term trading along with T/A and the understanding of product cycles, and market trends. export and import statistics also give insight to what's happening which i also use.

Contract information is a big plus, for example who supplies Walmart with LCD TV and plasma....there shares are rock bottom, and yet Walmart sales are up, because of the recession. So i guess everyone is buying cheap.

It is time to think of accumulation and/or averaging down that's for sure, so one should be looking at value and a long haul.

MikeDirnt
Regular
Regular

Post by MikeDirnt » Thu, 08 Jan 2009 11:02 am

i visited his website. when i see the layout i closed it immediately

his intention is clear. he makes money by selling his product not by trading. why sell and share a good trading system if you can make good money out of it?
Guides and information -> Singapore Stocks

ragsmm

Lifestyle Trader

Post by ragsmm » Sun, 01 Mar 2009 3:36 am

My business partner purchased this product about 3 weeks ago, so I've had the opportunity to play with it. I've done some paper trading on Forex and futures and have seen decent returns. I'm definitely a novice so I really don't know how long it would take to know if the software really works or not. The basis is that he provides charts showing number of buyers vs. sellers in daily markets. How he gets these stats I don't know. Simply put: supply and demand rules apply. Buy when heavy demand and sell when demand drops, then vice versa on the short side. I've seen good results but with no attention paid to money management or stops in place. My paper trade balance is $80,000, with profits of $17,000 in that time.

I don't want to use his platform but I like the concept. Does anyone know how to track supply and demand on a daily basis?

thompson_law

Aussie Rob LifeTrader

Post by thompson_law » Mon, 11 Jan 2010 4:57 pm

Hi All,

I am writing to this forum is because I am a victum of the Aussie rob. I will make the long story short. The system which they are selling is a joke. If you have a charting progam, you simply use 2 moving average (3 and 5 day) to generate as they claimed the "supply and demand" line. If you are a current AR user, better stop the subscription and you can have your on Red/Green line for free! Beside, Simple MA won't make you sucess in trading!

Thompson