Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
stella_peng

Post by stella_peng » Thu, 19 Feb 2009 12:44 am

to sq009:
Thank you so much for your info. ^^
Dun cry coz it's over
Smile coz it's happened

missyohanna

Post by missyohanna » Thu, 19 Feb 2009 5:47 pm

Now I'm really worry.. I just managed to pass all the SIA interviews and tests.. And just went for medical check up (hopefully it went well) and stuffs.. But then, the recent news made me worry if they would really hire me or actually allow me to sign the contract..

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:17 pm

Recruitment drive has been frozen, especially walk-ins. Probably some write-ins once in a while but don't expect much recruitment.

For those whom have passed interviews recently, you will probably be dropped into the holding pool till we need crews.

We have surplus of crews now so we won't be hiring any at the moment. :)

missyohanna

Post by missyohanna » Fri, 20 Feb 2009 5:30 pm

If they're freezing the hiring, what bout the candidates who have been accepted in Singapore? are they being hold as well??
Well, as long as they don't cancel the hiring process totally, its fine by me even if I have to wait longer..
Wonder how long are they going to hire again..

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Fri, 20 Feb 2009 11:27 pm

missyohanna wrote:If they're freezing the hiring, what bout the candidates who have been accepted in Singapore? are they being hold as well??
Well, as long as they don't cancel the hiring process totally, its fine by me even if I have to wait longer..
Wonder how long are they going to hire again..
Last batch to graduate will be in March or May. Till economy recovers with demands for air travel, we shouldn't be seeing much recruitments.

No one has the answer to that now. :???:

missyohanna

Post by missyohanna » Sat, 21 Feb 2009 12:11 am

ouwww.. those candidates are so luckyy.. wish i could have applied earlier.. but i was still in my uni at that time.. sob...

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by calvink » Sat, 21 Feb 2009 7:44 pm

If Retrenchment really sets in by then.....cabin crew/pilots are the first to pack their stuff......

I think its not the right time now to apply for CC job.

jeuleque

Post by jeuleque » Sun, 22 Feb 2009 11:39 am

yes i am from jakarta. please help me answer q's 1 and 2...

i have a few questions to ask regarding post acceptance as a SIA cabin crew. my status at the moment is to go for medical check up.

1. do u know how long it takes for us to get the result of the test?

2. if we do pass the medical check up, how long usually they will inform on the dates of the training?

This whole recruitment process is full of uncertainty and unclear to me. If according to fellow friends that they are cutting down recruitments etc etc, then why did they recently held one in JKT? well i was one of them who got in, but after medical check up...am left with no further info, they just tell me to wait for min. 2 months, my friends waited for 5 months...and do you guys know how many weeks/months they tell u in advance about ur departure to singapore? cos my friend got informed by SQ, she should leave in 2 weeks time for training. but what if i am working now as permanent, i need 1 month notice to leave.
this whole situation is making me unhappy now :( i hate uncertainty and i hate waiting!!
and when do you get to sign the contract for recruitment? the last thing i fill up was the working permit paper. so can i bail out anytime now?[/url]

ckrocks

Post by ckrocks » Sun, 22 Feb 2009 1:32 pm

hi all..

from what i know.. SQ currently has ceased further batches of classes until further notice.. i was lucky enough to get into the last batch for this period.. which is the 3rd batch of 09, starting 23 feb.. which means.. i will graduate by july after 4 mths training.

my friend whom passed with me the same interview, till now dint get called..
prolly cos her notice period was 1 mth, and mine was 2 weeks.. which falls neatly with the current batch im going to..

my friend called up SQ several times.. and the final answer she got from HR was.. SQ currently is ceasing all further batches and classes till further notice.. u can say its a slow down.. u can say it stopped.. we can assume there can be interviews still.. but not as intensive ass 2008 was.. and even if u got pass all rounds.. and medical.. you will really have to wait for your call to come..

The HR actually recommended my friend to go find other jobs to do 1st, while waiting for the call cos it wun be soon.. im not sure about the malaysia side tho..

and yea.. im a malaysian that had my interviews in sin..

be patient everyone....`

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Hi

Post by M » Sun, 22 Feb 2009 2:40 pm

calvink wrote:If Retrenchment really sets in by then.....cabin crew/pilots are the first to pack their stuff.......
Not exactly.

Every sector has it own tales, least to speak divison. We have our unions be it useful or not. :shooting:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 22 Feb 2009 2:41 pm

jeuleque wrote:yes i am from jakarta. please help me answer q's 1 and 2...

i have a few questions to ask regarding post acceptance as a SIA cabin crew. my status at the moment is to go for medical check up.

1. do u know how long it takes for us to get the result of the test?

2. if we do pass the medical check up, how long usually they will inform on the dates of the training?

This whole recruitment process is full of uncertainty and unclear to me. If according to fellow friends that they are cutting down recruitments etc etc, then why did they recently held one in JKT? well i was one of them who got in, but after medical check up...am left with no further info, they just tell me to wait for min. 2 months, my friends waited for 5 months...and do you guys know how many weeks/months they tell u in advance about ur departure to singapore? cos my friend got informed by SQ, she should leave in 2 weeks time for training. but what if i am working now as permanent, i need 1 month notice to leave.
this whole situation is making me unhappy now :( i hate uncertainty and i hate waiting!!
and when do you get to sign the contract for recruitment? the last thing i fill up was the working permit paper. so can i bail out anytime now?[/url]
No one has the better answer than the HR. Frankly, I doubt anyone can assist you except HR personnel. :king:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 22 Feb 2009 2:43 pm

ckrocks wrote:hi all..

from what i know.. SQ currently has ceased further batches of classes until further notice.. i was lucky enough to get into the last batch for this period.. which is the 3rd batch of 09, starting 23 feb.. which means.. i will graduate by july after 4 mths training.
Hmmm during my CP12, SVP mentioned otherwise but nevertheless, brace for impact. [-o< [-o< [-o<

crealism

Post by crealism » Sun, 22 Feb 2009 7:17 pm

Thanks for the help :)
Last edited by crealism on Wed, 03 Nov 2010 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sq009
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sq009 » Wed, 25 Feb 2009 9:42 pm

M wrote:
ckrocks wrote:hi all..

Hmmm during my CP12, SVP mentioned otherwise but nevertheless, brace for impact. [-o< [-o< [-o<
yeah... for those who just passed their interview, you should be receiving an email soon.
In Pursuit Of Excellence and Perfection

jeuleque

pass interview

Post by jeuleque » Thu, 26 Feb 2009 1:24 pm

how do you know and how sure can you be that those who pass the interview will recieve an email. and what does that email say??