Singapore Expats

About PEP processing

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
unirs1264

About PEP processing

Post by unirs1264 » Thu, 12 Feb 2009 9:10 pm

Hi friends,

I recently landed in Singapore(3 days back) with a job and I got an EP too just recently.
Prior to this, I was working in India for a reputed firm and was drawing around 1lakh INR... Now I took the job in singapore for 6,400$ monthly.
Can you let me know If I will be eligible for PEP?
I come from a top college in India and will this help me in getting PEP without any hassles? As one of their criterias mention that.

I am seriously looking to get my PEP processed and your advise will be very helpful in this regard.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: About PEP processing

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 12 Feb 2009 10:41 pm

unirs1264 wrote:Hi friends,

I recently landed in Singapore(3 days back) with a job and I got an EP too just recently.
Prior to this, I was working in India for a reputed firm and was drawing around 1lakh INR... Now I took the job in singapore for 6,400$ monthly.
Can you let me know If I will be eligible for PEP?
I come from a top college in India and will this help me in getting PEP without any hassles? As one of their criterias mention that.
These are the requirement directly from the MOM site...... (with my comments)
1. Eligibility

The following groups of foreigners will be eligible for a PEP:

Overseas foreign professional whose last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas was at least $7,000

With a converted salary of $3100/mo in India, you don't qualify there.

• The last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas should be no more than six months from the time of the application.

Due to above, this is not applicable.

Former P1 Pass holders who are residing overseas
• Former P1 Pass holders should not be unemployed for longer than a continuous period of six months at the point of application.

First trip here. Also not applicable.

P1 Pass holders
• P1 Pass holders will be accorded in-principle approval for the PEP upon application.

As you probably are on a P2 pass as the minimum salary for a P1 is $7k/mo, this is also not applicable.

P2 Pass holders
• P2 Pass holders that have at least two years' working experience on a P Pass. They should earn a fixed salary of at least $30,000 in the preceding year.

As you are newly arrived, while this is probably the one you fit, you haven't been here long enough to qualify. So S.O.L. here as well, at least for the time being.

Q1 Pass holders
• Q1 Pass holders with at least five years' working experience on a Q1 pass. They should earn a fixed salary of at least $30,000 in the preceding year.

If you didn't qualify for the P2 being a newbie here, this one's defo out!

Foreign graduates from institutions of higher learning in Singapore
• Foreign graduates from institutions of higher learning in Singapore with at least two years' working experience on a P or Q1 Pass. They should earn a fixed salary of at least $30,000 in the preceding year.

As you have not graduated from a institution of higher learning IN SINGAPORE AND 2 years here on a P2 or Q pass kinds shafts you as well.

Now, as it is extremely clear cut as to what they require, which part confused you?

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers