Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jencrs
Regular
Regular

Post by jencrs » Sun, 08 Feb 2009 3:43 pm

EmptyHope wrote:which division should i call then ??
the recruitment division in my country said that they can't give me the answer.
You're not s'porean, i see. Well, it's going to be more difficult then. Doesn't really matter, though. It's not like you can change your medical history.

So I'd advise you to just go for the interview in your country, be honest in your application, and hope for the best. Don't bother calling to find out, as it won't make a difference during your interview process.

isisprince

Post by isisprince » Sun, 08 Feb 2009 4:14 pm

melissa2403 wrote:hey ladies, sorry i know this is rather irrelevant but may i know if you know of any cabin crews that's able to get into SIA with a dip in Kaplan or SMA? :)

i understand that a dip is sufficient but i just wanna make sure which one is much more recognised in SIA. don't mind!
I don't think it matters which institution is more qualified as long as you get thru the interview rounds and get the nod from the respective interviewers

President-S

Post by President-S » Sun, 08 Feb 2009 6:55 pm

isisprince wrote:
melissa2403 wrote:hey ladies, sorry i know this is rather irrelevant but may i know if you know of any cabin crews that's able to get into SIA with a dip in Kaplan or SMA? :)

i understand that a dip is sufficient but i just wanna make sure which one is much more recognised in SIA. don't mind!
I don't think it matters which institution is more qualified as long as you get thru the interview rounds and get the nod from the respective interviewers
SIA only accept Government diploma certs. Which means those diploma from poly like (NYP, TP, RP etc) all this poly. If you're holding private diploma. They won't recongise. I got rejected once. And they were so rude never inform me at all. But i talk it out with them in the end they allow me to go for the interview.

Fight for your career, fight for your dreams. Don't think and worry so much. Just one word 'Confident'

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Sun, 08 Feb 2009 9:47 pm

hmm, as far as i know, they do accept private diplomas. i've got several friends who all have private diplomas and they're all flying now. my cousin who's training now has a private diploma as well. :)

Ashtonblue

Post by Ashtonblue » Mon, 09 Feb 2009 5:06 pm

Hi

i went for the interview on the 17th last month, and i was 1cm shorter but after some 'chit chatting' with the guy, he finally let me thru, but still i failed the introduction section.

i was wondering, i got kicked out because of my introduction or due to my height?

if it was because of my introduction, i would want to try it out again because i believe i will do better but i notice the guy wrote something after he decided to let me thru so am wondering the remark is neccessary because the height is very crucial even i am only 1cm shorter. if it is so there is no point for me to keep trying right?

by the way, nice to meet u guys :)
ashton

President-S

Post by President-S » Mon, 09 Feb 2009 5:14 pm

Icic. That's what i was wondering till now. Cos it's something i occur on the second time. But when i get the round when they check our certs n IC they ask for my private diploma certs. Thanks. I'm kind of understand n cleared my doubts already. I think this month interview will be coming soon. This month is a short month so i ask it's going to be 21st or 22nd Feb.

Anybody going??

juz_rei

Post by juz_rei » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:01 am

hi .. is there going to be an interview this month?
if there is it will be great.

absoo.faboo

Post by absoo.faboo » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:59 am

jencrs wrote: recruits Malaysian male candidates (and some Hong Kong STEWARD as well..)
Eh what? SIA recruits m'sian and hkg girls as well, of cuz. Don't know where you get that notion from.
[/quote]

I'm talkig about the GUYS here.

President-S

Post by President-S » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:57 pm

I'm not 100% sure. Because since KL's interview is still going on. I think our side might have. Anyway news said they've retrenched 3000 ppl. So they should be lack of ppl.

jenovo

Post by jenovo » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 1:36 pm

hi everyone, anyone know how long does it take for the medical checkup result?

christineyuki

Post by christineyuki » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 2:07 pm

President-S wrote:I'm not 100% sure. Because since KL's interview is still going on. I think our side might have. Anyway news said they've retrenched 3000 ppl. So they should be lack of ppl.

The interview in KL is still going on? But the website stated that it has been postponed till further notice.

Anyway i dont think they have retrenched people, especially cabin crew.
Many of them are on standby modes but not retrenched.
Even the pilots are taking no pay leave.
一緒に青い空へ~

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 2:45 pm

absoo.faboo wrote:
jencrs wrote: recruits Malaysian male candidates (and some Hong Kong STEWARD as well..)
Eh what? SIA recruits m'sian and hkg girls as well, of cuz. Don't know where you get that notion from.

I know where he got that notion from he's a PILOT!!!!

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 7:51 pm

jenovo wrote:hi everyone, anyone know how long does it take for the medical checkup result?
About 2 weeks... :)

jencrs
Regular
Regular

Post by jencrs » Wed, 11 Feb 2009 5:19 am

absoo.faboo wrote:I'm talkig about the GUYS here.
You've really got to express yourself a little more accurately. Are you saying that the only stewards hired by SQ are from M'sia and HKG? Your previous statement could be read as The only m'sians and HKG'ers hired by SQ are men.
christineyuki wrote:Even the pilots are taking no pay leave.
The only pilots taking no pay leave at the moment are from cargo. Nothing to do with the main fleet or silkair.

christineyuki

Post by christineyuki » Wed, 11 Feb 2009 3:13 pm

yes i know that as my fiance is from SQ Cargo. Sorry for not specifying
一緒に青い空へ~