Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
usernameblah

Post by usernameblah » Sun, 01 Feb 2009 5:33 am

:D 8-) :D
Last edited by usernameblah on Sun, 10 Jan 2010 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

tobehunk

Post by tobehunk » Sun, 01 Feb 2009 2:01 pm

cersepn wrote:8mm, full incision. Can't be the top pic with single eyelid is the after right? Obviously the nicer eyes has to be the post-operated pic what :shock:
wah.... very good i say the surgery!! u really dammed hot now lor!! like this who say u, ur eyes now can electric ppe.... woah!!

so u happy with results? all ur frens commented anything?

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Sun, 01 Feb 2009 11:06 pm

yea, happy with the results. Friend's all had nothing but good things to say, although it didn't matter to me at all, i like can already

babyangel
Regular
Regular

Double Eyelids

Post by babyangel » Sat, 07 Feb 2009 3:30 am

Hi Cerespn,

i cudnt see the pictures - is it they hv been taken out already?

Is it possible to put them on again for a couple of days? They seem to be nice results fm the feedback received.

How long did it take for the swell, etc to recover completely?

Thanks!

cersepn wrote:
takuda wrote:cersepn has done his eyes before. don't rmb seeing his pics also.
actually i did, just not in this forum. but what i did not contribute in pictures, i certainly contributed back in my posts. If your point was just to shoot me.. then it's really no point, other than to stir up some flaming that serves no purpose to benefit this thread eh.

edit: since takuda asked so 'nicely', here are some pics
NOT done in taiwan though. Done with dr wong saw yeen from gleneagles

now.. takuda, where are your pics? lol i surely haven't seen any of your pics before.. although you're such a long time poster here :D

jessicat

Post by jessicat » Sat, 07 Feb 2009 10:57 pm

aneles wrote:Hi everyone!

My bad that I took forever to come back to this thread - after returning back to work, it has been quite hectic & busy, hvnt had time to focus on this area of PS business, lol

As mentioned earlier, I want to post pictures of Dr kao's creation - i reckon his good work deserves a lil' publicity as I am pretty pleased (its been 6 weeks now) based on how the nose is taking form till date.

Before pic taken in August 08. After pic taken at 4 weeks -

As you can see from my pics, I used to have an ugly upturn short nose (chao tian pi). Dr Kao has done decent work in lengthening my nose & concealing my nostrils. I am speculating that with further deswelling, my tip shld lengthen more & I shld be able to get a more prominent/lengthened collumella (pi-chu).

For the front view, I cant comment what is going on with the shape as I am swelling ALOT all around my tip, supratip. this is due to the bone shaving (removed hump & reduced height on my bridge) & the tip work. BUT the past 2 weeks, I have noticed my nose is smaller (which is great as I have been lamenting about my jackie chan nose since).

Right now, I am getting very impatient & really cant wait till my nose fully deswell so I can finally see Dr Kao's final 'surprise gift' = what kind of nose tip did he create for me, hee!

Those that know I did my nose, loves my new nose. Im actually quite astonished by their 'ooh-ahs' comments - my nose is still so swollen & they think its nice?!?!?! They claim they can foresee how it will look when it deswell (strange why I cant tell how it will end up). They also feel it is very naturally done/doesnt look fake & now they wanna go visit Dr kao too. & to those that I never told like my hairstylist, manicurist... i wore tinted glasses to visit them & they only noticed my double eyelid op, ha!

TO my handsomepiglet - hope you are healing well. :D

Happy Chinese New year to everyone here! HUAT for 2009! :D

Hi Aneles,

Thank you sooo much! for sharing ur after op pic wif us. I'm so glad to see ur gd result even it's onli 4 weeks after op wif Dr Kao. But U've made me feel tat I've made the right decision! I will not say tat I totally trust him but at least 80% now. I'm so excited lor... 3 more days to go and I still haven't pack up my barang yet. Fainted! :D Still keeping my fingers cross ba... Pray tat everythings gonna turn out right for me.... :roll:

OversizedTnose

Sooo many caucasian patients having problems with Toriumi...

Post by OversizedTnose » Sat, 07 Feb 2009 11:29 pm

Although I definitely know Toriumi's strong point is with Asian noses, what he has been doing to many caucasian patients is nealy sinful.... overly wide, long, and projected noses with fairly turned-down tips is NOT conducive to aesthetics of caucasian faces....
Plus, I have a hump/bump directly between my eyes, and above it is a lowering and narrowing (this shows where the end of a graft is!) creates a very odd, unaesthetic, and unnatural appearance....

All this, and he charges OVER $30,000 USD.... plus he rips a substantial piece of rib from your chest!.....

A piece of unused rib (don't know where the rest has gone, because it seems you could make 6 noses from it!) is stored behind my left ear, directly interferring with the wearing eyeglasses, sunglasses, and goggles...

PLUS, the nose is rock-hard.... In order to kiss someone, I have to turn my head 90 degrees... AND, due to the rigidness, I can't smile as freely as possible -- because the nose doesn't move!....

OversizedTnose

Post by OversizedTnose » Sun, 08 Feb 2009 10:44 pm

soyabean wrote:Well done for going for rib grafting, I wish i could do that, my only concern is warping, but like u said, u are rest assured that he will rectify if god forbid warping does occur. To my knowledge and reading dr toriumi's site your nose should be good for life and continually getting better results from rib cartiledge.
It is totally unknown at this point how toriumi's nose will 'last' (and with some of the now very common overblown unaesthetic results, having THAT last a long time is indeed a scary thought!); toriumi has only been doing these rib monstrosities for what, 4 years?... how is it possible he selling people that they are going to for sure last forever...

I was told -- directly by the t himself that rib will not shrink (though it could warp), so I don't understand the notion that the result will change....

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:09 am

OversizedTnose wrote: It is totally unknown at this point how toriumi's nose will 'last' (and with some of the now very common overblown unaesthetic results, having THAT last a long time is indeed a scary thought!); toriumi has only been doing these rib monstrosities for what, 4 years?... how is it possible he selling people that they are going to for sure last forever...

I was told -- directly by the t himself that rib will not shrink (though it could warp), so I don't understand the notion that the result will change....
Are you caucasian or asian? The reason why the result 'changes' is stated clearly in his website; there's still residual swelling in the nose and it takes a looong time before the nasal tissue is fully healed. The same can be said for other surgeries as well, because the naked eye doesn't see any drastic visible changes.. we think that we're 100% healed and that what we see is the final result, but that is not always the case.

I've seen his caucasian rhino results in his website and they look pretty good to me with nice aesthetics, and while I understand the common practice of drs putting up the nicest, and only the nicest post op pics, i still don't think that's a poor representation of the work he does. On that same note, i've seen pics done by other big name docs in the states and they're kinda awful.

And are you sure he's been doing rib rhino for only 4 years? I can't check right now, but will do so later... And your angst towards him is not very well-directed; did you try going down to his office to talk to him about your concerns? I can understand your frustration of not being satisfied with your rhino, but i'm guessing you're not even a year post op, so give your nose a chance to recover before jumping on dr toriumi and spreading toriumi hate. But do correct me if i'm wrong on any part. I do hope you can get your nose to the way you want it to be

nosecraze
Regular
Regular

Post by nosecraze » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 9:02 pm

guys, did anyone receive a strange email from dr kao?
I did, and im feeling very disturbed now.

jessicat

Post by jessicat » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:04 pm

nosecraze wrote:guys, did anyone receive a strange email from dr kao?
Nope... I did not... Mind to share?

mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular

Post by mikko_baby80 » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:33 pm

jessicat wrote:
hi nosecraze, wat abt the strange email?? plz do share.. im eager to noe too. thxs..

jessicat

Post by jessicat » Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:49 pm

mikko_baby80 wrote:
jessicat wrote:
hi nosecraze, wat abt the strange email?? plz do share.. im eager to noe too. thxs..
Guys, dun panic k. Juz found out wif my gf tat sum1 must have hacked into Dr Kao's E-mail acc. The contents of the mails is about AV videos etc... Pls do not open or download the link if u have received. Cheers!

tigg

Post by tigg » Wed, 11 Feb 2009 4:13 am

has anyone done eyelid surgery with dr. su?
is she one of the best if not the best?
btw cersepn can you send me a pic of your eyelid :oops: heard nothing but good things about your eyes /drool

mikko_baby80
Regular
Regular

Post by mikko_baby80 » Wed, 11 Feb 2009 9:51 am

jessicat wrote:
mikko_baby80 wrote:
jessicat wrote: Nope... I did not... Mind to share?
Guys, dun panic k. Juz found out wif my gf tat sum1 must have hacked into Dr Kao's E-mail acc. The contents of the mails is about AV videos etc... Pls do not open or download the link if u have received. Cheers!
im getting wary i guess.. lol.. my visit to dr kao's hospital is in 2 weeks time. doing my final count down now. so excited!! :shock: thxs for clarifying jessi! :wink:

OversizedTnose

Post by OversizedTnose » Wed, 11 Feb 2009 12:30 pm

cersepn wrote:
OversizedTnose wrote: Are you caucasian or asian? The reason why the result 'changes' is stated clearly in his website; there's still residual swelling in the nose and it takes a looong time before the nasal tissue is fully healed. The same can be said for other surgeries as well, because the naked eye doesn't see any drastic visible changes.. we think that we're 100% healed and that what we see is the final result, but that is not always the case.

I've seen his caucasian rhino results in his website and they look pretty good to me with nice aesthetics, and while I understand the common practice of drs putting up the nicest, and only the nicest post op pics, i still don't think that's a poor representation of the work he does. On that same note, i've seen pics done by other big name docs in the states and they're kinda awful.

And are you sure he's been doing rib rhino for only 4 years? I can't check right now, but will do so later... And your angst towards him is not very well-directed; did you try going down to his office to talk to him about your concerns? I can understand your frustration of not being satisfied with your rhino, but i'm guessing you're not even a year post op, so give your nose a chance to recover before jumping on dr toriumi and spreading toriumi hate. But do correct me if i'm wrong on any part. I do hope you can get your nose to the way you want it to be
I am caucasian and OVER 1 year postop; I know of many patients who are 3 or more years postop who still have so-called 'swelling'....

Trying to talk to toruinmi after the surgery, when the aesthetic result is clearly amiss is like talking to a wall... he simply does not care... Of course I tried, in vain (like so many other patients like me), to get some sort of action from him... All he wants you to do is come in and waste 350 to 400 usd on airfare, so he can look up your nose for 5 seconds, then pat himself on the back, and say 'it looks good' (even when it clearly does not... at least not in a normal aesthetic sense)... If you counter, which I did several times, with how much it is NOT nearly the way we had discussed or even like the lousy imaging (which I had rejected during the first consult; the result is far larger and far craggier than the imaging), he smugly tells you 'well, you can go somewhere else...'
Further, during his 'followups' he has NEVER even once examined the scars he left on my chest and behind the ear, to even see if they were doing okay or what;... that's how much he cares...

He may have done some rib before, but seems he was largely using other sources before.... It's only in like the last 4 years that he resorted to using rib exclusively, and when the whole oversizing thing took off out of control....

Keep in mind, with respect to the pics:
1. he has a fulltime photographer who surely manipulates the photos by lighting and angles (making befores look worse and hiding defects in afters); only way to judge the noses would be to see in-person...
2. most all of the pics (and the 'good' ones you see, some which do look good (then again, there's that whole photographer thing, so who's to say for sure?)) are old, coming from the days when he did not use rib...

Now, there ARE some patients who seem to have acceptable results, among caucasians, but this seems to be a definite minority.. and the male caucasian patients are given large penis-like noses, almost out of spite one might think... ALWAYS too wide, and mostly overprojected and lengthened....
The size might be more tolerable if the shaping was inline with caucasian aesthetics, but they (size and shape) only exagerate each other...

Do you think that if I either got a good result, I would be complaining?.... Or if toruinmi was willing to accommodate the necessary changes that I wanted, that I would be complaining?.....

There actually is a whole forum dedicated to unhappy toriumi patients too... What we speak of is no lie.....

The noses ARE rockhard, and that is a definite detrement to personal relationships, and the ability to smile

yes, you are right, there are some other surgeons in US with bad looking results.... but that doesn't change this situation either....

What I think toriumi does is apply the same procedure used on many Asian patients; this ususally involve significant augmentation it seems...
However, most of the caucasian patients he applies this to do not need overall augmentation, so their nose become obviously over-sized....
In addition, toriumi adapts traits to the caucasian nose, that are usually not seen in the caucasian nose, and rather mostly seen in Asian noses.... (many a caucasian patient I've talked to says the same thing about this).... One thing in particular with regards to this is the shaping of the nostrils and the tip....

I'm really sorry to have to sound so complaining; partly this is the frustration of realizing the mistake that has been made, and partly this is cathartic...
I would have rather have been singing the praises of my results, but that is unfortunately not the case...
Sorry if stuff like this bothers people.... it's really not my intention to bother people, but I strongly feel people ought to know what's going on....