Singapore Expats

Mayang Sari Bintan

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
chixchix
Editor
Editor

Mayang Sari Bintan

Post by chixchix » Sun, 01 Feb 2009 10:03 pm

hii all :) anyone been here ..any comments about Mayang Sari in Bintan ? Thanksin advance !
Always have a smile on that face!

Girl_Next_Door
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Girl_Next_Door » Tue, 03 Feb 2009 9:43 am

The beachfront units are nicer, because its very near (maybe 20 steps) to the beach. To me, its not worth staying in the garden units.

The interior is very big, with high ceilings, but it looks quite tired as well. Mayang Sari have been around for a while, and generally, they don't get refurnished on a regular basis. The beach used to be very nice... but the last time I went, there are alot of seaweeds on the beach... which is kinda turn-off. If the people in the resort do clean up the beach, it can be quite nice.

Its under the same chain of Nirwana Resort, so you can take the free bus and use the other facilities in other Nirwana Resort (like swimming pool, etc).

If you are looking for a nearby resort, Mayang Sari is decent enough and very near (1 hour via ferry). Although personally, I feel Bintan is a little too commercialized... Given the high price nowadays... you should probably give some of the resorts in Sentosa a try...