Singapore Expats

Solemnisation venue by the river

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
sssusan

Solemnisation venue by the river

Post by sssusan » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 3:13 pm

As I'm new to this forum, I hope somebody out there can help with a slight dilemma.

My hubby-to-be and I plan to tie the knot in March or April. We'll get wed in Singers and don't want it to be a fancy affair, so we'll just do the solemnisation thingy. Both sides of our families are keen to fly over from Scotland and all we need to do now is find a good venue.

Although it'll be a fairly simple occasion, I still want us to have great wedding day photos and I love the Singapore River. Does anyone know of anywhere at Boat Quay where we can consider for our ROM ceremony? Ideally, the place will have a private function room, a full food menu and hopefully, a bar!

Any ideas?

eeeee

Grand Copthorne Waterfront

Post by eeeee » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:01 pm

Perhaps you can try Grand Copthorne Waterfront at Havelock, they offer a lovely outdoor gazebo great for solemnisations, and if I am not wrong it sits beside the river.

gif
Regular
Regular

Post by gif » Fri, 30 Jan 2009 1:56 pm

For a similar event, I would straightforwardly think of the Fullerton One, it offers food, drinks and a gorgeous view. The price might be an issue, however...

Otherwise, but there would be no food over there, I love the terrace at the Helipad just on top The Central, on the river facing Clarke Quay. It's commonly a disco at the lower floor, and an open air bar on the rooftop, I think they could arrange for private function, but not sure about the food (maybe a catering?)

Or finally the Indochine, I think it could be a good compromise, as it is on the river, facing Boat Quay, they have a restaurant and a bar, and I believe it's much more affordable than the Fullerton.

Whatever your choice, congratulations!