Singapore Expats

company director, needed if EntrePass but not present?

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
David-asia

company director, needed if EntrePass but not present?

Post by David-asia » Sun, 25 Jan 2009 11:07 am

Hi,

Working on getting my entrepass, then incorporating.
I understand that as an entrepass holder I can register as the director. But, it will be a few months before I actually take up residence in singapore. If I register as the director, i would need a virtual singapore address - separate from the company's virtual address? Or would i need to use a service company to provide the director?

Thanks,

David

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Fri, 30 Jan 2009 1:06 am

Director and company can share the same address, or you can buy a third-party company address (mailbox) for a few hundred bucks a year.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:16 am

You are talking apples and oranges. Yes, your company must have a registered address, and it could be the address of a director.

As to whether you can actually be a director until you are physically present in Singapore, that is another question. Just because you receive and approval in principle letter for an EP does not mean that you actually have an EP... you (or your representative) must go down to MOM with your passport to have your EP stamped into it, at which time, your FIN number is now alive.

Now, I believe your AIP letter will have your FIN number on it, and maybe you can use that to register yourself as a director, but that would depend upon how the ACRA and other government systems mesh together, and whether the ACRA considers the AIP sufficient to grant you a directorship.

Might contact them.