Singapore Expats

Does anybody know how to get/watch DSTV in Singapore?

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Turckey

Does anybody know how to get/watch DSTV in Singapore?

Post by Turckey » Sun, 14 Oct 2007 12:56 am

Hi, I'm new here, and would love to find out if there is a way to watch DSTV in Singapore.

I miss Supersports, and can't wait to see more cricket, Springboks and rugby. Having Mnet again would be nice too.

Does anybody know if it is possible to get DSTV in Singapore somehow?

Thanx!!!

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bigfilsing » Sun, 14 Oct 2007 2:21 pm

you might wanna tell us what it is 1st :???:

Turckey

What is DSTV?

Post by Turckey » Sun, 14 Oct 2007 7:45 pm

DSTV is one of Africa's major broadcasters.

It broadcasts the widest selection of international sports channels and South African channels in Africa. Great for rugby, cricket, all European football leagues and much more...

I noticed one bar has DSTV here, but I have no idea how they did it.

SO i hope somebody can help me and tell me how I can get it here...if a bar can do it, guess there must be a way...
:-)

All help appreciated

bigfilsing
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bigfilsing » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 3:22 pm

Never heard of it sorry. We dont even get the European channels ( Sky sports etc)

wonder which bar has it. They might be playing a pre recorded TV show ( downloaded from torrents)
If they have live i'd love to know which bar it is :D

Caspern

DSTV in Singapore

Post by Caspern » Wed, 07 Jan 2009 2:14 pm

HI, can you send me the name of the pub that has dstv, i'll try to contact them and find out how it works. I'm also moving so Singapore in a while and would love to have dstv there. The local guys in SA say that you need a 1.8m dish and then a "convertor" of about R1200, and then any decoder. Then it will work. BUT as you know you can't exactly put up a 1.8M dish anywhere....pls send the name and I'll try to find out if there is another way....

sierra2469alpha
Editor
Editor

Post by sierra2469alpha » Wed, 07 Jan 2009 2:20 pm

Turckey - did a quick search for you but I didn't turn up anything. I didn't try finding their site - maybe they have an option for streaming media? Not ideal, I know, but I tried!

Mr. P

Caspern

Re: What is DSTV?

Post by Caspern » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 6:49 pm

Turckey wrote:DSTV is one of Africa's major broadcasters.

It broadcasts the widest selection of international sports channels and South African channels in Africa. Great for rugby, cricket, all European football leagues and much more...

I noticed one bar has DSTV here, but I have no idea how they did it.

SO i hope somebody can help me and tell me how I can get it here...if a bar can do it, guess there must be a way...
:-)

All help appreciated

Hi, can you remember the name of the bar with the dstv? I also want to try and get it working...13 sporting channels....Please send the name and I will find out from them..... :D

JimH5
Regular
Regular

Post by JimH5 » Thu, 22 Jan 2009 12:01 am

If you have a Slingbox installed in your home country, you can control a connected cable or satellite box via the web and watch it via internet connection.

I love the new MLB Network after spending last season without any real baseball coverage.

carteki
Editor
Editor

Post by carteki » Thu, 22 Jan 2009 2:27 pm

In the middle east the SAFFERs get DSTV via satellite. They register a subscription in a nearby African country - Egypt - and then pick up the signal using a satellite dish (as the co can't control where the satellite broadcasts the signal). In SG this would be impossible as privately owned satellite dishes are illegal.

You can pay for SA content on www.kuduclub.com - approx US$40 for 4 3 months (there are annual packages). There you can download the programs and watch them over the internet. The rugby is usually delayed transmission by 18 hours.

Be interested to know which bar this is. Please tell.
Thanks
Kim

brommies

Rumour Has It

Post by brommies » Thu, 29 Jan 2009 10:43 am

I was chatting to some buddies about this the other day, apparently satellite dishes are illegal and you can get a decent fine if caught in possession of one.

Boog

Re: Rumour Has It

Post by Boog » Thu, 29 Jan 2009 9:51 pm

brommies wrote:I was chatting to some buddies about this the other day, apparently satellite dishes are illegal and you can get a decent fine if caught in possession of one.
not just a fine - they are going to treat you as if you are a terrorist trying to hook up with osama in Afghanistan via satellite. :cool: