Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Thu, 22 Jan 2009 10:03 am

Abercrombie wrote: :devil: Your batch boy :devil:
LOL! :king:

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Re: have faith, believe in ursef...

Post by mdamilan » Thu, 22 Jan 2009 1:40 pm

crayonv wrote:i m going to try be more confident, esp in public speaking...wonder ant one could share tips in speaking CONFIDENTLY please???

Thanks!~~

You can start by reading out loud, or following the news broadcasters by repeating what they said. Do it when your family members are around. This will help you correct your intonation too. Above that, we mostly feel shy infront of our own family members too. HAHA! So I guess it's somewhere to begin? :) Start reading out loud (magazines/newspapers etc), and recorrect your pronounciation if you pronounce it wrongly.

By finding a suitable pace with not too much body language also would help you with gaining confidence and not so panicky. Can be a little distracting if you jumble words like the orient express and have hands waving everywhere.. Haha.

This is how I taught my brother, and it works for him. HTH!
-------------------------------------------------------
It's hard to leave behind what you built from scratch; but.. if you don't move on, you're not going to get ahead.

ckrocks

Post by ckrocks » Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:01 pm

I got thru the interview for the walk in last sat.. 17/1/09..
and thank God i made it thru round 4 as well... that happened on wednesday 21/1/09..

i heard that SIA has plans to cease its employment plans for now..
it is like still a rumor among the HR side.. cos i heard directly from the admin..
so she actually said its quite lucky for me to get a pass now.. most prolly the last batch for now.. if the rumor is true..

this is my 3rd try.. and at my previous 2 tries.. i always get kick out in round 1.. so ppl.. dont give up really.. just keep trying and even psycho yourself..
what i learnt from experience is.. if you want to be 1.. you think like 1, act like 1, walk like 1, and be like 1... and believe you are what they want and you are as good as any qualified SIA crew out there now..

amandababy
Regular
Regular

Post by amandababy » Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:45 pm

congrats ckrocks!
not bad to get thru in the 3rd try. must be so great to know that your dream came true! (:

jaime24

recent interview

Post by jaime24 » Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:51 pm

ckrocks wrote:I got thru the interview for the walk in last sat.. 17/1/09..
and thank God i made it thru round 4 as well... that happened on wednesday 21/1/09..

it is like still a rumor among the HR side.. cos i heard directly from the admin..
so she actually said its quite lucky for me to get a pass now.. most prolly the last batch for now.. if the rumor is true..

this is my 3rd try.. and at my previous 2 tries.. i always get kick out in round 1.. so ppl.. dont give up really.. just keep trying and even psycho yourself..
what i learnt from experience is.. if you want to be 1.. you think like 1, act like 1, walk like 1, and be like 1... and believe you are what they want and you are as good as any qualified SIA crew out there now..

Hey I was there on wed for my final interview as well. Curious, what time was your appt? Maybe we met :)

Unfortunately, I wasn't selected at the moment. Interviewers advised me to call back to the management in June to make an appointment for another management interview. (means repeat round 4 loh.)

Was so disappointed and confused over the KIV(keep in view) status. Has anyone heard of such a KIV status? Would really appreciate if someone could share with me such experiences.

**Good news to anyone looking forward to the next recruitment, there should at least be ONE more recruitment this year! hehe

amandababy
Regular
Regular

Re: recent interview

Post by amandababy » Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:57 pm

jaime24 wrote: Unfortunately, I wasn't selected at the moment. Interviewers advised me to call back to the management in June to make an appointment for another management interview. (means repeat round 4 loh.)
hey don't be disappointed. at least you only have to repeat round 4. not try all over again from round 1. GOOD LUCK! have faith in yourself :)

jaime24

Post by jaime24 » Fri, 23 Jan 2009 12:22 am

amandababy wrote:
jaime24 wrote: Unfortunately, I wasn't selected at the moment. Interviewers advised me to call back to the management in June to make an appointment for another management interview. (means repeat round 4 loh.)
hey don't be disappointed. at least you only have to repeat round 4. not try all over again from round 1. GOOD LUCK! have faith in yourself :)
Thanks dear. It's so nice to have encouragements even from mere strangers. You got my weakness spot on right. I'll learn to be more confident over the next few months.

Just to Share: what I learnt, the most important is to practice practice and practice! Everyone has some weak points, and only through rehearsing will you realise them, and work hard to rectify them before the interview itself.

We have a few months before our next recruitment / interview. Let's work hard to improve on our weaknesses, starting from TODAY. To just slack and hope fate will change, we will have to just blame ourselves.

All the best everyone! :D

ckrocks

Post by ckrocks » Fri, 23 Jan 2009 12:33 am

jaime24 wrote:

Hey I was there on wed for my final interview as well. Curious, what time was your appt? Maybe we met :)

Unfortunately, I wasn't selected at the moment. Interviewers advised me to call back to the management in June to make an appointment for another management interview. (means repeat round 4 loh.)

Was so disappointed and confused over the KIV(keep in view) status. Has anyone heard of such a KIV status? Would really appreciate if someone could share with me such experiences.

**Good news to anyone looking forward to the next recruitment, there should at least be ONE more recruitment this year! hehe
My appt was 1045.. yours..? but i was only brought in at about 1130.. haha.. i was one of those buggers with a blazer cos i thought it wld be better to be overly formal than less formal.. i thot everyone will be liek super formal..which room was yours? mine was rm 2...

and those KIV status are mostly people still in pursuit of studies or have other affiliations..

DTTH

Post by DTTH » Fri, 23 Jan 2009 12:45 am

Hi ckrocks,

Congrats! Was wondering how was the 2nd round (for guys) conducted? Beside cat-walk and skin check (face/hand), where else do they check? Do they check on teeth too?

jaime24

Post by jaime24 » Fri, 23 Jan 2009 1:17 am

ckrocks wrote: My appt was 1045.. yours..? but i was only brought in at about 1130.. haha.. i was one of those buggers with a blazer cos i thought it wld be better to be overly formal than less formal.. i thot everyone will be liek super formal..which room was yours? mine was rm 2...

and those KIV status are mostly people still in pursuit of studies or have other affiliations..
Hi ck-rocks. Btw from a glace i always thought your userid is "croaks" lol. Mine was 915 appt, i was in a black dress, and red eyes. hehe.. I was in room2 as well. I must have left before you arrived. Dressing formal is good i think, alot of the guys were in blazers.

It's glad to hear that i'm not the only soul getting a KIV status. Thanks for sharing that info and tonight i might sleep better.

Good luck for your medical ya!

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Post by mdamilan » Fri, 23 Jan 2009 1:47 am

CONGRATS!
-------------------------------------------------------
It's hard to leave behind what you built from scratch; but.. if you don't move on, you're not going to get ahead.

ready_2fly

Post by ready_2fly » Fri, 23 Jan 2009 2:41 am

[quote="ckrocks"]I got thru the interview for the walk in last sat.. 17/1/09..

what i learnt from experience is.. if you want to be 1.. you think like 1, act like 1, walk like 1, and be like 1... and believe you are what they want and you are as good as any qualified SIA crew out there now..[/quote]

hi ckrocks - congrats .. ur dream come true now. u make it finally :) Could you pls share with me how u practice / psycho? any secret ..? I really wanted to know what u tamentioned during self-intro round ? I guess d first round it is hardest as u need to be oustanding amongst the rest of candidates. I went only once (13th) so far but booted out first rd. But none fr my group or earlier grp get selected. :(
I hv read thru forum, noted some mentioned tat some just got in w/o preparation. So i am nt sure whether am i preparing too much , then make myself scare n nervous :???: u mind to share how old r u ? I m 27 now ( gg to 28 soon) ... mayb my age also could b prob as well.

felt quite dissapointed with myself though this is my first attempt. So far, i dun miss/ fail any important interview that i went for. Like what u mentioned, determination is important and shld kp trying then we get it. I believe this as my fren got in after few attempts too. Time is bad now so it is even hardest to pass interview and guess they r quite stringent on the crew selection.

sorry for long passage here... hope u can share more ur experience with me.. thnks

ckrocks

Post by ckrocks » Fri, 23 Jan 2009 7:26 am

to ready to fly : I cant PM yet cos i havent got enough post for me to PM..
Maybe u PM me ur email? so sorry yea..?

DTTH : Not that i know of.. BUT.. you never know if they are observingt at your teeth when you speak! actually, my front teeth has this small chip off.!
if they really did a proper teeth check i'll be out!

Jaime 24: woah. trust me there are ALOT of KIV status.. i was the 2nd last person for the whole day.. and i secretly glance thru the paper results.. NO WORRIES.. i know the pain of getting booted out.. just keep on trying..

Mdamilan : THANK YOU!!!!

to anyone: i cant PM yet due to being a *newbie*.. so if you wld like to ask me anything that you dont want to ask on the forum.. feel free to PM me with your email yea? Not trying to be pro here. but i just hope to share my experiences.. i know the pain of getting booted out also.. TWICE...

Cheerios..

jaime24

Post by jaime24 » Fri, 23 Jan 2009 10:17 am

ckrocks wrote: Jaime 24: woah. trust me there are ALOT of KIV status.. i was the 2nd last person for the whole day.. and i secretly glance thru the paper results.. NO WORRIES.. i know the pain of getting booted out.. just keep on trying..
It's a relief to know. Thanks for the encouragements! If you have FB, pls add me and it'll be nice to know more. Nonetheless, all the best, enjoy yourself and have lots of fun!
Last edited by jaime24 on Wed, 28 Jan 2009 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Fri, 23 Jan 2009 12:09 pm

ckrocks wrote:what i learnt from experience is.. if you want to be 1.. you think like 1, act like 1, walk like 1, and be like 1... and believe you are what they want and you are as good as any qualified SIA crew out there now..
That's a very bold statement. :cool: