Singapore Expats

will i be arrested ??

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
thegame23

will i be arrested ??

Post by thegame23 » Tue, 20 Jan 2009 1:50 pm

i was born in singapore.. left for India immediately..and made a few trips later ..
last trip was 1995, i was 10 yrs old then, i do not hold a singapor IC and have not enjoyed any social benefits frm the country.
i was denied a passport in India saying i was a citizen of singapore.
the officials of the singapore embassy instructed me to apply for a singapore passport and i have recently submitted my application..
i have recently made contact with my relatives in singapore and they tell i have a chance of being arrested..
but i am willing to do NS.. moreover i did not know anything like this until lately ??
am i in trouble ? will they hand cuff me ??

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Wed, 21 Jan 2009 1:08 am

Huh? Are you telling us you're stateless now? :shock:

The answer is obvious though: contact ICA/CMPB and clarify whether you've still got an NS obligation and whether Singapore still considers you a citizen. You've got absolutely nothing to lose (since they would do the same checks with the same results if you arrived in person) and a lot to gain.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

thegame23

Post by thegame23 » Wed, 21 Jan 2009 1:31 am

jpatokal wrote:Huh? Are you telling us you're stateless now? :shock:

The answer is obvious though: contact ICA/CMPB and clarify whether you've still got an NS obligation and whether Singapore still considers you a citizen. You've got absolutely nothing to lose (since they would do the same checks with the same results if you arrived in person) and a lot to gain.
no not stateless i guess, cos the embassy officer said i am a singapore citizen ...