Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
mintia

Post by mintia » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 7:49 pm

karenina wrote:
mintia wrote:
Re: 13th Jan - I think Sat's recruitment had VERY high rejection rate @ round 1. So far still no news on the forum of ppl making it all the way... : urgh....[/quote

I agree...only 1 girl made it through round 1 from my group on the 13th recruitment. However, on the 17th, 6 girls got through round 1 from my group...

6 girls?!!! That's very high - considering I saw a lot of groups with all 10 girls rejected. Or maybe those who got rejected were all by Panel B - one young guy+girl.... The guy gave my group a weird question of:"if you could be a men for a day, what would you do?"

I don't want to judge but me and another girl observed that there was something about him.... better not say on the forum. :lol:

rachelhoe

Post by rachelhoe » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 8:27 pm

luck plays a factor too...
sincerity is impt..
One bad thing about making a deal with the devil is, he always comes to collect.

pink petals
Regular
Regular

Post by pink petals » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 8:28 pm

Kayleeee wrote:
wisdom&courage wrote:
Kayleeee wrote:To be honest, I have this feeling that SIA is like the only airline looking for a Miss Universe.....
I beg to differ.

I heard of 2 cases, my sister's friend went to STC to sign papers for her bank account for her salary to be credited to my account while waiting for my medical. There was a girl who has pock marks on her face was waiting to sign the papers as well.

Another case which my good friend told me, one of her batch mates had obvious pimple scars (even with make up) and pock marks on her face.

So what does these tell us?

In my group, there were girls with very good complexion,nice smiles,confident,pleasant looking and spoke well BUT they did not pass Round 1.

Or maybe, in the interviewers' eyes, they are not good enough or something

Erm, ok... but then again, when was the last time we had a beautiful Miss Universe anyway?

:P :P

I did mentioned in my earlier post that there was this girl who has been trying since 2005 and she said luck plays a very big part also, together with outstanding presentation and communication skills..

Alright alright, I will stop whining....andl try harder next time !!!
hey kayleeee,

maybe SIA is more into looks? of course if compare to how BA, EK, UA select their cabin crews, SIA really seems like emphasis a lot on looks than personalities...

hahah, i've been to BA, EK n UA interviews and to me, personally, same as u, i find that they emphasis a lot of personalities and characters rather than age and looks. and they do not have the so-called skin check with bright lights shinning on you.

but then again, thats the way SIA conduct their interviews, so just got to keep trying n trying, who knows lady luck will be shinning on you on that day!

dun give up ya, keep trying! :)

pink petals
Regular
Regular

Post by pink petals » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 8:33 pm

amandababy wrote:
rachelhoe wrote:hmm its my 2nd time trying..got to the 3rd round..haha the kebaya still feels so tight. just in case girls.. i am not the extremly skinny kind. i am 163cm but around 55-58 (i put on some weight after coming back from a trip) yar..just be more confident. i realised all the girls who made it thru have got very good posture. when they walk, talk, sit etc etc..
i'm of the same height and weight as you! :) no courage to go for interview.
just be confident. :)

i am 1.60m weight ard 55-57kg and i still went for a couple of times. ;)

its true the 1st few times i went for the walk in (and i was alone), i feel so fat cos the girls there are really skinny but i met some girls who are same size as me or even bigger, but they are confident. thus 2 girls who are bigger than me (i met them on different walk ins) pass thru rd 1 to rd 3.

so just be confident and smile :)

pink petals
Regular
Regular

Post by pink petals » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 8:46 pm

Nienie wrote:
"They are mostly looking for people with attitude, poise, who can really bring themselves well enough, maybe intellectual, and proper command of English. " ---- Hmm..That's what i used to tot too though, hee but seemed like its no longer this case. The last time I went, a girl who had pimples and with messy hair and dress pass round 1, likewise for another girl who's been stammering throughout her speech passed that round too, not to mention another girl who spoke perfect singlish passed too. Or perhaps, thats' the 'natural-ness' they are looking for??
hah, true true.

we can say SIA go for looks and good command of english and poise. but there are a lot of times where the girls spoke bad english and so nervous that they stammered or dress so sloppy with tees and jeans/shorts with slippers/sandals got in. or someone with pimples on their faces, no make-up, unruly hair got in too.

or someone with an into speech like : i just want to try and see how far i go in the interview, my 1st love is accounting but i want to try for cabin crew cos it is something that u do it while u are young, hi my name is XXX, i am here for the SIA interview, i like to travel and meet people.

and they got in. so i guess lady luck plays a big part in it. ;)

we can't dissect what the interviewers want cos there are a lot of different interviewers during the walk-in, so different interviewers have different sets of rules n expectations. thus, maybe i set of interviewers like you, but the other set doesn;t like you.

so we just got to keep trying and trying! :)

i've been trying like 8 times! hahahah...

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 9:00 pm

If anyone had read on what I've wrote couple of pages back, it might have shed some light on some possible reasons. Nevertheless, flights are being cut and with the current economical climate, do not expect much recruitments. :shit:

shaundc

Post by shaundc » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 9:53 pm

Wild_Lily wrote:
Shaun,how old are you?
I'm 25 this year..Why do you ask?
I think we all agree Quagmire rocks. Giggidy Giggidy GONE!

crayonv

dun give up

Post by crayonv » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 11:45 pm

hold on gals,

dun give up! =D
my dream is to Soar the Skies.... =)

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Re: dun give up

Post by Abercrombie » Tue, 20 Jan 2009 8:24 am

crayonv wrote:hold on gals,

dun give up! =D
Wow !!! You just joined yesterday and you had achieved the immortal status with millions of posts..... :P How did you hack through the system?

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Tue, 20 Jan 2009 8:27 am

M wrote: LOL! EL! :shooting: :shooting: Here goes his lamborghini ......

:devil: Your batch boy :devil:

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: dun give up

Post by Plavt » Tue, 20 Jan 2009 8:46 am

Abercrombie wrote:
crayonv wrote:hold on gals,

dun give up! =D
Wow !!! You just joined yesterday and you had achieved the immortal status with millions of posts..... :P How did you hack through the system?
Actually there are a few glitches in the software.....

karenina

Post by karenina » Tue, 20 Jan 2009 11:33 am

mintia wrote:
karenina wrote:
mintia wrote:
Or maybe those who got rejected were all by Panel B - one young guy+girl.... The guy gave my group a weird question of:"if you could be a men for a day, what would you do?"

I don't want to judge but me and another girl observed that there was something about him.... better not say on the forum. :lol:
mine was a middle-age chinese man and a young lady...Both were friendly and tried to make us feel less nervous...

DTTH

Post by DTTH » Tue, 20 Jan 2009 5:15 pm

DTTH wrote:Does the medical check up includes eye sight too?

I've got like 500+ on both eyes.
Any kind soul can answer me?

:)

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Tue, 20 Jan 2009 7:07 pm

I am really not too sure about this, but i think 500+ isn't that bad, as long as you can wear contact lens to correct ur vision, then i guess its fine? that's wad i think.

Tratata

Post by Tratata » Tue, 20 Jan 2009 7:14 pm

hi everybody ...
if i didn't pass my medical checkup.
can i still re-apply for the next interview ??