Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Wild_Lily

Post by Wild_Lily » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 11:12 am

Lily, every woman is beautiful ok !!Nobody is superior than another being. We were all created for a reason..
[/quote]

hehs thanks!!!!!!

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 12:09 pm

Abercrombie wrote:Its not impossible though....SIA just took in a Million Air, SPPS, property Developer as a Flight Steward!!! What do you think is his objective in flying as a Steward? Why did the company took him in? :???:
LOL! EL! :shooting: :shooting: Here goes his lamborghini ......

amandababy
Regular
Regular

Post by amandababy » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 1:38 pm

rachelhoe wrote:hmm its my 2nd time trying..got to the 3rd round..haha the kebaya still feels so tight. just in case girls.. i am not the extremly skinny kind. i am 163cm but around 55-58 (i put on some weight after coming back from a trip) yar..just be more confident. i realised all the girls who made it thru have got very good posture. when they walk, talk, sit etc etc..
i'm of the same height and weight as you! :) no courage to go for interview.

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 1:53 pm

Hello all,
My sisters and I went last Sat and unfortunately we did not get in.

In my sister's group, 4 of them got through, one of them is quite sloppy, wore jeans and tee shirt. No make up or little make up. Her speech was in Singlish. While waiting for her turn to speak and she was like leaning on the chair as though she was relaxing.(instead of sitting upright , in a more appropriate manner)

What does this tell other interviewees? That we need not dress appropriately for the interviews? That when we present ourselves, we can "anyhow"? It is really weird. Or maybe, the interviewers are looking for people who are natural, be themselves.

:???:

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 2:13 pm

Kayleeee wrote:To be honest, I have this feeling that SIA is like the only airline looking for a Miss Universe.....
I beg to differ.

I heard of 2 cases, my sister's friend went to STC to sign papers for her bank account for her salary to be credited to my account while waiting for my medical. There was a girl who has pock marks on her face was waiting to sign the papers as well.

Another case which my good friend told me, one of her batch mates had obvious pimple scars (even with make up) and pock marks on her face.

So what does these tell us?

In my group, there were girls with very good complexion,nice smiles,confident,pleasant looking and spoke well BUT they did not pass Round 1.

Or maybe, in the interviewers' eyes, they are not good enough or something

Kayleeee

Post by Kayleeee » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 2:26 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:
Kayleeee wrote:To be honest, I have this feeling that SIA is like the only airline looking for a Miss Universe.....
I beg to differ.

I heard of 2 cases, my sister's friend went to STC to sign papers for her bank account for her salary to be credited to my account while waiting for my medical. There was a girl who has pock marks on her face was waiting to sign the papers as well.

Another case which my good friend told me, one of her batch mates had obvious pimple scars (even with make up) and pock marks on her face.

In my group, there were girls with very good complexion,nice smiles,confident,pleasant looking and spoke well BUT they did not pass Round 1.

Erm, ok... but then again, when was the last time we had a beautiful Miss Universe anyway?

:P :P

I did mentioned in my earlier post that there was this girl who has been trying since 2005 and she said luck plays a very big part also, together with outstanding presentation and communication skills..

Alright alright, I will stop whining....andl try harder next time !!!
Believe in the strength of universe, for the law of attraction is the greatest power ever exist.

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Post by mdamilan » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 2:43 pm

Kayleeee wrote:
wisdom&courage wrote:
I beg to differ.

Erm, ok... but then again, when was the last time we had a beautiful Miss Universe anyway?

I did mentioned in my earlier post that there was this girl who has been trying since 2005 and she said luck plays a very big part also, together with outstanding presentation and communication skills..

Oh dear. Anyway, SIA is not looking for those quality. It would be a plus if the whole package were in - looks, body, personality and poise - but in SG? It's really hard to get and to be honest, any interviewers can probably see through you easily if you are not consistent. You might think you are, but 1 second slip would cost you as well! :)

They are mostly looking for people with attitude, poise, who can really bring themselves well enough, maybe intellectual, and proper command of English. Confidence is a must but being over-confident might just see you to the booting door as well. Wanting to fulfill your childhood dream would be everyone's want as well (including mine but mine doesn't include this vocation). Hahaha!

Stop comparing with people who got in, how SIA could be so blind as they are to recruit them. We don't see what the interviewers see in them because we are judging. We want the job too but not given an opportunity. We are mostly using them as benchmark to comfort ourselves!!

So take a breather girls, and prepare yourself for the next recruitment drive! :)
-------------------------------------------------------
It's hard to leave behind what you built from scratch; but.. if you don't move on, you're not going to get ahead.

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 3:06 pm

mdamilan wrote:
Stop comparing with people who got in, how SIA could be so blind as they are to recruit them. We don't see what the interviewers see in them because we are judging. We want the job too but not given an opportunity. We are mostly using them as benchmark to comfort ourselves!!
I did not use them as a benchmark to comfort myself. I clearly understand why I was not able to pass round 1. Have you been to the interview before ?

mintia

Post by mintia » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 3:08 pm

M wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:Its not impossible though....SIA just took in a Million Air, SPPS, property Developer as a Flight Steward!!! What do you think is his objective in flying as a Steward? Why did the company took him in? :???:

Abercrombie & M: Ah yes yes, I heard through some gossip vine that this particular guy joined recently as a FS. Really curious on why he wanted to fly - since he could jolly well buy his own plane and travel? Oh well - guess even the rich have dreams to live too? :lol:

Re: 13th Jan - I think Sat's recruitment had VERY high rejection rate @ round 1. So far still no news on the forum of ppl making it all the way... Oh well, with 200+ flights cancelled, super long standbys for the excess crew - it's not a surprise.

Boys & Girls - just keep trying and don't give up ok? Dear Old me has been trying for 10 times so far! :oops: urgh....

mintia

Post by mintia » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 3:09 pm

M wrote:

Abercrombie & M: Ah yes yes, I heard through some gossip vine that this particular guy joined recently as a FS. Really curious on why he wanted to fly - since he could jolly well buy his own plane and travel? Oh well - guess even the rich have dreams to live too? :lol:

Re: 13th Jan - I think Sat's recruitment had VERY high rejection rate @ round 1. So far still no news on the forum of ppl making it all the way... Oh well, with 200+ flights cancelled, super long standbys for the excess crew - it's not a surprise.

Boys & Girls - just keep trying and don't give up ok? Dear Old me has been trying for 10 times so far! :oops: urgh....

Nienie

Post by Nienie » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 3:10 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:Hello all,
My sisters and I went last Sat and unfortunately we did not get in.

In my sister's group, 4 of them got through, one of them is quite sloppy, wore jeans and tee shirt. No make up or little make up. Her speech was in Singlish. While waiting for her turn to speak and she was like leaning on the chair as though she was relaxing.(instead of sitting upright , in a more appropriate manner)

What does this tell other interviewees? That we need not dress appropriately for the interviews? That when we present ourselves, we can "anyhow"? It is really weird. Or maybe, the interviewers are looking for people who are natural, be themselves.

:???:
Hi, I'm new here. Just wanna share my tots after reading this post.
Hmm..i've been to interviews afew times and i tot i have used to the fact that doesn't mean you are well-groom (or good-looking?) or speaks well or poised, you get selected, but well, SIA interviews never fails to surprised me. I have seen alot of cases where alot girls who are good-looking, poised and speaks well not being selected, but instead the ones with face with pimples, messy hair or sloppy ones passed thru round 1.
Why not I suggest in future those wanna go interview to wear little or no makeup, speak in singlish and behave sloppy? Perhaps that's what they are looking for, since earlier posts mention about what happen to the girls recently and the reply was looks are secondary now. LOL! 8-)
The.unexpected.ones.always.made.it.

Nienie

Post by Nienie » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 3:17 pm

mdamilan wrote:
Kayleeee wrote:
wisdom&courage wrote: I beg to differ.

Oh dear. Anyway, SIA is not looking for those quality. It would be a plus if the whole package were in - looks, body, personality and poise - but in SG? It's really hard to get and to be honest, any interviewers can probably see through you easily if you are not consistent. You might think you are, but 1 second slip would cost you as well! :)

They are mostly looking for people with attitude, poise, who can really bring themselves well enough, maybe intellectual, and proper command of English. Confidence is a must but being over-confident might just see you to the booting door as well. Wanting to fulfill your childhood dream would be everyone's want as well (including mine but mine doesn't include this vocation). Hahaha!

So take a breather girls, and prepare yourself for the next recruitment drive! :)
"They are mostly looking for people with attitude, poise, who can really bring themselves well enough, maybe intellectual, and proper command of English. " ---- Hmm..That's what i used to tot too though, hee but seemed like its no longer this case. The last time I went, a girl who had pimples and with messy hair and dress pass round 1, likewise for another girl who's been stammering throughout her speech passed that round too, not to mention another girl who spoke perfect singlish passed too. Or perhaps, thats' the 'natural-ness' they are looking for??
The.unexpected.ones.always.made.it.

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Post by mdamilan » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 3:27 pm

wisdom&courage wrote:
I did not use them as a benchmark to comfort myself. I clearly understand why I was not able to pass round 1. Have you been to the interview before ?
that's why i said mostly! ;)
It's hard to leave behind what you built from scratch; but.. if you don't move on, you're not going to get ahead.

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Post by mdamilan » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 4:33 pm

Nienie wrote:
mdamilan wrote:
Kayleeee wrote:

"They are mostly looking for people with attitude, poise, who can really bring themselves well enough, maybe intellectual, and proper command of English. " ---- Hmm..That's what i used to tot too though, hee but seemed like its no longer this case. The last time I went, a girl who had pimples and with messy hair and dress pass round 1, likewise for another girl who's been stammering throughout her speech passed that round too, not to mention another girl who spoke perfect singlish passed too. Or perhaps, thats' the 'natural-ness' they are looking for??

Hmm.. Maybe it's the comfortable look the candidates have!

karenina

Post by karenina » Mon, 19 Jan 2009 5:52 pm

[quote="mintia"]

Re: 13th Jan - I think Sat's recruitment had VERY high rejection rate @ round 1. So far still no news on the forum of ppl making it all the way... : urgh....[/quote

I agree...only 1 girl made it through round 1 from my group on the 13th recruitment. However, on the 17th, 6 girls got through round 1 from my group...