Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Post by mdamilan » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 10:06 pm

Kayleeee wrote:apologies for the long entries...

i must have been a little light headed (very tired arh!) now after spending more than 4 hours waiting, only to be gone in 5 minutes..

anyway ladies!! dont give up we shld all try again !!!

cheers!
Aye, yea!! I'm patiently waiting for August now.. :(

I got turned away (on stairway!!!) after queuing for 1 hour and still queuing because I'm not graduating by JUNE. :mad: Hahahaha! But I saw that coming.. :wink:

knhh

Post by knhh » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 10:59 pm

Is qualification that important...to them???

I'm jus a N lvl holder....

I did try to go today but... before i reach that hotel, i turn back as i quite look down myself...

i only have working experience...which is abt 4yrs... in sales and management .....

Any advice ? cos i have alrdy turned away many times since i was 18... now is this yr im turning 22.....

pinkish_lace

Post by pinkish_lace » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 11:22 pm

knhh: i'm not too sure if qualification is that important to the company. however, during the nov recruitment, there was this girl with a Nlevel cert que'ing up. After like 2hour, before she was able to proceed to round one, she got sent back immediately after a lady checked her paper that she did not possess at least a olevel cert. Hths...

pinkish_lace

Post by pinkish_lace » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 11:25 pm

Kayleeee: your long post was very well said. :) Anyway, let's jiayou! I regretted not going today :???:

zandlelightz
Regular
Regular

Post by zandlelightz » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 11:27 pm

Hello guys, just wanna share my experience at sheraton this morning when i when for the interview...

I was in group 25 with 10 guys.
Went in the room for round one with my friend and was rather nervous abit.
They ask us for self intro. I was the last one to speak and the other guys said stuff like one of them was bumming around and finding a job and another was a gym intructor and had finishing studying for SMU. I intro with my name, age and what i am currently working as now and said i like interacting with customers and chatting with them. Then i finish off with i will like to work for this airline and i would like to wear the SIA uniform. And then it was over and i when outside to wait and then came the result and by luck me and friend got to round 2.

I was booted at round 2 and i think it was due to my outbreak and my friend got booted due to a scar on his hand and i noticed the guy who got in worn foundation on his face hence the skin very nice...Yup just for your guys info....

jlayl wrote:
mdamilan wrote:
jlayl wrote:just came back from sheraton!
I passed the first round this time :D

but sadly I didn't pass my kebaya round cos of the freckles on my neck..
it was pretty obvious I'm killed when before I left she said "wait, can you turn to the side?" and she scrutinized for ard 10s and said okay you can go..

so i know her 'go' is go home. lol

but so happy to pass the first round!! :D
Uh? Can't conceal!?
I did conceal, but the spot light is really really strong, its so bright I couldn't even see the interviewer's face, and it actually feels scalding to my neck.. hahaa. and I guess she saw it. even mosquito bite she also go "omg what happened to your hand?" like its some very serious scar.. lol.

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Post by mdamilan » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 11:35 pm

knhh wrote:Is qualification that important...to them???

I did try to go today but... before i reach that hotel, i turn back as i quite look down myself...

i only have working experience...which is abt 4yrs... in sales and management .....

Any advice ? cos i have alrdy turned away many times since i was 18... now is this yr im turning 22.....
Hey.... Yes. It's definitely impt to them.

I went today and they were saying even if I decided to quit my Uni education to join the company now, I wouldn't make it for the min req bcos of my O level results (totally screwed)! And I have working experience too. So yes, minimum still 5 O lvl credits.

knhh

Post by knhh » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 11:53 pm

mdamilan wrote:

I went today and they were saying even if I decided to quit my Uni education to join the company now, I wouldn't make it for the min req bcos of my O level results (totally screwed)! And I have working experience too. So yes, minimum still 5 O lvl credits.

Thanks alot, I think i jus forget about it.....anyway... good luck all of u....

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Post by mdamilan » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 11:59 pm

knhh wrote:
mdamilan wrote:

Thanks alot, I think i jus forget about it.....anyway... good luck all of u....
Don't be despaired! You can always try JAL & Silk Air! :) They do accept N levels.
-------------------------------------------------------
It's hard to leave behind what you built from scratch; but.. if you don't move on, you're not going to get ahead.

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Sun, 18 Jan 2009 12:11 am

Abercrombie wrote:Ask yourself, do you smile to strangers when you at at the lift lobby, Bus stop, food court or even to colleague in another department whom you have never met? 80% of the population answer is "No" So why do you expect strangers at an interview to smile to you? That's why once you started training, you will be "trained" to smile and greet every thing that moves. This is to re-program your behavior towards strangers whom you will meet in the Thousands when you fly.
Is this question for me? I smiled at everyone. I smiled at the girls from this forum who arranged to go tgt... I smiled at the taxi driver... I said thank you with much enthusiasm (maybe too much) when he wished us good luck... I smiled at the guards at the pass office... at the gates... at the entrance... at the ladies and a guy in the room... at the girl next to me and we exchanged numbers... at the interviewers... I smiled to everyone leh! And everyone smiled back! :lol:
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

Kayleeee

Post by Kayleeee » Sun, 18 Jan 2009 12:34 am

mdamilan wrote:

Hey girl, dont worry about it..

My friend who got through the first round ( she is now a Masters Holder) flunked her O lvl too ! That's why she was sent to Australia...

I think she only has 3 Credits, English Chinese and Arts all Cs....The rest all D7 !!

When she passed her first round, the lady told her to just give her the Masters cert and did not check the O levels cert..

Finish your uni ! And you'll be more than qualified.

How can a degree holder possibly be less educated than a someone with onlyO lvl..right.
Believe in the strength of universe, for the law of attraction is the greatest power ever exist.

Kayleeee

Post by Kayleeee » Sun, 18 Jan 2009 12:35 am

heeh dont wory pinkish lace !

Jia you !! Despite the financial turmoil and the possibility of the airline retrenching, they are still hiring !!!

Almost every month since Oct...
Believe in the strength of universe, for the law of attraction is the greatest power ever exist.

pinkish_lace

Post by pinkish_lace » Sun, 18 Jan 2009 1:54 am

yea hope there will be another round of recruitment real soon :)

pink petals
Regular
Regular

Post by pink petals » Sun, 18 Jan 2009 3:17 am

jlayl wrote:
mdamilan wrote:
jlayl wrote:just came back from sheraton!
I passed the first round this time :D

but sadly I didn't pass my kebaya round cos of the freckles on my neck..
it was pretty obvious I'm killed when before I left she said "wait, can you turn to the side?" and she scrutinized for ard 10s and said okay you can go..

so i know her 'go' is go home. lol

but so happy to pass the first round!! :D
Uh? Can't conceal!?
I did conceal, but the spot light is really really strong, its so bright I couldn't even see the interviewer's face, and it actually feels scalding to my neck.. hahaa. and I guess she saw it. even mosquito bite she also go "omg what happened to your hand?" like its some very serious scar.. lol.
very bright right? sometimes i wonder what is with the need for flawless skin, i mean when one started flying, the irregualr hours, the different climate, stress, will also result in imperfect skin sometimes.

and 1 of my friend said: i don't think the passengers will look at the cabin crews with a bright light in their hand when asking questions or whatsoever.

hahah.. so funny...

anyway, went today ard 2pm and booted out in round 1. guess it is due to my age. there are so many young girls there...

pink petals
Regular
Regular

Post by pink petals » Sun, 18 Jan 2009 3:18 am

Wild_Lily wrote:
Kayleeee wrote:I had failed mine on the 13th but I'm going again tomorrow !!

To be honest I am prepared to be kicked out again in the first round.. I am too fat at 1.6m/56kg-57kg.

I probably will lose that 7kg off but it will take at least another 2-3 months :(

Argghh

(by the way I realise I am 56kg in the morning and 57kg by noon...but well.. im still fat :( )

Anyone else failed on the 13th and going again tmr ??
I'm also fat and i suspect everyone there was laughing at me just now.Sad
dun be, really.... as long as u are within the bmi range, u are not fat!. :)
just that nowadays girls are getting too skinny.

isisprince

Post by isisprince » Sun, 18 Jan 2009 11:33 am

mdamilan wrote:

I don't think 5 'O' level credits is very important as long as you do have an 'O' level cert and had gone thru further studies. I have 3 'O' level credits, a higher NITEC cert and a TP diploma and managed to get thru to the 2nd round the last time i tried but failed the kebaya test (maybe i wasnt' smiling enough lol)