Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 2:51 am

Kayleeee wrote:I had failed mine on the 13th but I'm going again tomorrow !!

To be honest I am prepared to be kicked out again in the first round.. I am too fat at 1.6m/56kg-57kg.

I probably will lose that 7kg off but it will take at least another 2-3 months :(
I'm 1.61 and a freaking 61.2kg. My BMI is a freaking 23.6 and I went for the interview on 13th anyway. Hope that cheer you up a little! :lol:
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 6:20 am

I think we all know the success rate is real low, and that day news just reported that they are cutting flights.. hahaa
so c'mon, high bmi low bmi good skin bad skin, just go and gain the experience! Its just to get you more ready when you are really ready physically.
good luck to all of us who are going :D

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Post by mdamilan » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 10:29 am

To be honest I am prepared to be kicked out again in the first round.. I am too fat at 1.6m/56kg-57kg.

I probably will lose that 7kg off but it will take at least another 2-3 months :(

Argghh

(by the way I realise I am 56kg in the morning and 57kg by noon...but well.. im still fat :( )

Anyone else failed on the 13th and going again tmr ??

My god, u're too conscious lah!!! 56-57 is not fat! as long as within BMI 22 range is OK.

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Post by mdamilan » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 10:32 am

pork12 wrote:

I'm 1.61 and a freaking 61.2kg. My BMI is a freaking 23.6 and I went for the interview on 13th anyway. Hope that cheer you up a little! :lol:
You go gal! :)

I just came back from interview after queuing for 1hr. HAHA. I didn't even get to measure my height or go into the hall. I was still along the stairway when I got sent home bcos they just said they really needed people who can start before June.

Im only available after August.. and they asked me to keep checking for nearer dates. Well, I'll try around August again then cos I'm only back in SIN during tt time. Haha!

Btw, anyone has any idea why they keep the application form though we didn't even proceed with the interview?? But I also realised they didn't keep all that got sent home... Only selected few..? Or my eyes playing tricks on me?

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 10:46 am

mdamilan wrote:You go gal! :)

I just came back from interview after queuing for 1hr. HAHA. I didn't even get to measure my height or go into the hall. I was still along the stairway when I got sent home bcos they just said they really needed people who can start before June.

Im only available after August.. and they asked me to keep checking for nearer dates. Well, I'll try around August again then cos I'm only back in SIN during tt time. Haha!

Btw, anyone has any idea why they keep the application form though we didn't even proceed with the interview?? But I also realised they didn't keep all that got sent home... Only selected few..? Or my eyes playing tricks on me?
Thanks! That means I've got a chance of being selected since I'm available ANYTIME!! :lol: That is, if I've got what they're looking for... They kept the forms perhaps, for a record. If they withdrew those forms, perhaps it's just to separate them from those who're going thru the interview right now?

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Post by mdamilan » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 11:03 am

pork12 wrote: Thanks! That means I've got a chance of being selected since I'm available ANYTIME!! :lol: That is, if I've got what they're looking for... They kept the forms perhaps, for a record. If they withdrew those forms, perhaps it's just to separate them from those who're going thru the interview right now?
Probably so!! Haha.. But it was quite an eye opener. Saw many stuck up ones who stared at me strangely when I smiled at them! HAHAHA!

Gonna try again in August! Take this time to cure my dark circles too. :X

illunsionist

Post by illunsionist » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 11:26 am

Thinking of going for the in later afternoon. Anyone have not go yet?

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 11:41 am

mdamilan wrote:Probably so!! Haha.. But it was quite an eye opener. Saw many stuck up ones who stared at me strangely when I smiled at them! HAHAHA!

Gonna try again in August! Take this time to cure my dark circles too. :X
Some... Those who I went with, and met at STC the other time for the interview are really friendly! Some people are born stuck-ups =X

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 12:02 pm

just came back from sheraton!
I passed the first round this time :D

but sadly I didn't pass my kebaya round cos of the freckles on my neck..
it was pretty obvious I'm killed when before I left she said "wait, can you turn to the side?" and she scrutinized for ard 10s and said okay you can go..

so i know her 'go' is go home. lol

but so happy to pass the first round!! :D

karenina

Post by karenina » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 12:43 pm

Just got back from Shreraton too. I attended the 13th walk in and didn't get through first round. However, at Sheraton, I got through first round but was booted out at the second round. The interviewers at Sheraton were much friendlier that the two ladies who interviewed me at STC.

Today was my 3rd attempt. I've gotten to the second round twice but was always booted out. I guess it could be due to my complexion although I'm not prone to pimples. I've an indentation on my cheek which I tried to conceal but was still apparent.

Anyone knows of any good concealers that can conceal scars or indentation marks? Thanks!

Rohai

Post by Rohai » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 1:14 pm

i am going for the interview soon.and its already 1.15pm! hahaha. all the best peeps!
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, its a matter of choice; its not a thing to be waited for, its a thing to be achieved"

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Post by mdamilan » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 2:01 pm

jlayl wrote:just came back from sheraton!

it was pretty obvious I'm killed when before I left she said "wait, can you turn to the side?" and she scrutinized for ard 10s and said okay you can go..

Uh? Can't conceal!?

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Post by mdamilan » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 2:06 pm

karenina wrote:Just got back from Shreraton too. I attended the 13th walk in and didn't get through first round. However, at Sheraton, I got through first round but was booted out at the second round. The interviewers at Sheraton were much friendlier that the two ladies who interviewed me at STC.

Today was my 3rd attempt. I've gotten to the second round twice but was always booted out. I guess it could be due to my complexion although I'm not prone to pimples. I've an indentation on my cheek which I tried to conceal but was still apparent.

Anyone knows of any good concealers that can conceal scars or indentation marks? Thanks!
I doubt it's due to your complexion really, since it's just an indentation on cheek unless its like dimple indent kinda? There could be other reasons to it too. Try again next time! :)

I know its so ironic coming from a person who never even got a chance to breathe in the ballroom! Hahahaha!!!

mdamilan
Regular
Regular

Post by mdamilan » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 2:10 pm

pork12 wrote: Some... Those who I went with, and met at STC the other time for the interview are really friendly! Some people are born stuck-ups =X
Hahaha.. Yes yes.. That's true. :) Now I can only patiently wait for my Graduation to come back, fly back to SIN and hope there is an opening in Aug!
:? :? :?

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 2:21 pm

mdamilan wrote:
jlayl wrote:just came back from sheraton!

Uh? Can't conceal!?
I did conceal, but the spot light is really really strong, its so bright I couldn't even see the interviewer's face, and it actually feels scalding to my neck.. hahaa. and I guess she saw it. even mosquito bite she also go "omg what happened to your hand?" like its some very serious scar.. lol.