Singapore Expats

Moving with PEP in principle approval

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
bogdang

Moving with PEP in principle approval

Post by bogdang » Mon, 13 Oct 2008 6:59 am

Hi all,
I'll be moving to SG next month, I have the in-principle approval letter of PEP (haven't collected it yet) and I got a job offer.
Do I tell all this to the immigration officer at entry or not?
And what do I put in the arrival form as the number of days I'm going to spend in SG??
I'm going to have 2 big suitcases with me, should I tell the customs abt my plans so I get the exemption from GST?

Thanks!
Bogdan

blue_thunder
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Moving with PEP in principle approval

Post by blue_thunder » Mon, 13 Oct 2008 3:37 pm

bogdang wrote:Hi all,
I'll be moving to SG next month, I have the in-principle approval letter of PEP (haven't collected it yet) and I got a job offer.
And what do I put in the arrival form as the number of days I'm going to spend in SG??
I'm going to have 2 big suitcases with me, should I tell the customs abt my plans so I get the exemption from GST?

Thanks!
Bogdan
The in principle letter acts as ur visa to enter SG.
You need furnish the hard copy of the letter at the immigration authority.
The number of days is required for ppl on SVP or tourist visa.
You wont get any GST exemption for bringing in items to SG.Only if you take any items from SG to abroad(if you are on a tourist visa).So this s not applicable for you thou.

Hope ths helps..

Cheers.
~ I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me

bogdang

Post by bogdang » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 8:19 pm

I entered SG today.
I didn't put anything in the "Days in SG" section,
the immigration guy asked me how many days I will be staying, so
I showed him a copy of the PEP in principle approval letter, and
he stamped a 90 day social visit pass. Which is surprising given that normally I should be given 30 days.

Tomorrow I'm going to collect the pass, I'll post my experience.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 7:06 am

Not surprising at all. If you are from a western country like the US, UK, Aus, NZ and a host of others you are automatically given an initial 90 visa by agreement.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bogdang

Post by bogdang » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 9:28 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Not surprising at all. If you are from a western country like the US, UK, Aus, NZ and a host of others you are automatically given an initial 90 visa by agreement.
No no, I'm from one of the countries that get 30 days.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 1:23 pm

Then it would be a direct result of having a copy of the IP PEP in your possession. Enjoy it and get cracking on the job hunt. At least that's one monkey off your back for a little while! :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

AussieSkater

Post by AussieSkater » Tue, 18 Nov 2008 8:37 pm

I have a question, how long did you have to wait from the time your PEP was submitted to when you received the approval in principal letter? Thanks

bogdang

Post by bogdang » Wed, 19 Nov 2008 4:58 am

AussieSkater wrote:I have a question, how long did you have to wait from the time your PEP was submitted to when you received the approval in principal letter? Thanks
It was submitted on July 31, the approval in principle letter is date Aug 6th.

mdsaifurrahman

Post by mdsaifurrahman » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 10:06 pm

Hi All,

I got the EPEC last year November 2007. My institute was at the MoM list from where I did Master of Engineering (Telecommunications). But in fact I am very much interested for applying PEP. Although my monthly income is not SGD 7,000/- what is being mentioned at MoM website as a Foreign applicants income level but annual income is more than SGD 30,000/- and have 5+ years of work experience to work with Tire-1 European Telecom Vendor, Tier-1 Japanese Telecom Vendor. MoM also mentions in their website that '(MOM will be flexible in considering individual cases that do not meet the minimum criteria but merit the issuance of a PEP.)' Do you think I have a chance to get an PEP?

bogdang wrote:Hi all,

Thanks!
Bogdan

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 11:56 pm

Don't get your hopes up too high. If you do not have a track record of earning very close to the target minimum wage, it is very doubtful. Usually an individual has a higher personal opinion of self than the MOM. Usually they are right based on my years of observation.

waiheng

Post by waiheng » Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:10 pm

bogdang wrote:I entered SG today.
he stamped a 90 day social visit pass. Which is surprising given that normally I should be given 30 days.

Hi there,

What kind of document do we need during PEP collection? Do we need Medical Check report during collection (HIV test, X-ray, etc)?

Appreciate for the reply, many thanks.
Have a nice day!
Best Regards,
WH

bogdang

Post by bogdang » Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:21 pm

waiheng wrote:
Hi there,

What kind of document do we need during PEP collection? Do we need Medical Check report during collection (HIV test, X-ray, etc)?
WH
Exactly what the letter says: the letter itself, the passport and the declaration. You don't need to do any medical tests, just fill out the health declaration.

waiheng

Post by waiheng » Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:25 pm

bogdang wrote:
waiheng wrote:
Hi there,

WH
Exactly what the letter says: the letter itself, the passport and the declaration. You don't need to do any medical tests, just fill out the health declaration.
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm arriving to Singapore soon, just curious on any HIV test.

By the way, just a signature on the health declaration without any proof??? thanks again!

waiheng

Post by waiheng » Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:36 pm

bogdang wrote:I entered SG today.

Mind to post your experince during collection and the life in SIngapore?