Singapore Expats

EMIRATES INTERVIEW IN SINGAPORE - JANUARY 13

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jzmn59

Post by jzmn59 » Mon, 12 Jan 2009 4:24 pm

becrew wrote:oh i see! did you try the open day this time?

so the agency accepts all nationalities in Singapore for open day! ok! thanks!
Yea i did... round 2 this saturday :) nervous!!

From what I know, it is perfectly fine to attend Open Days in any city you prefer. If you are in Jakarta and want to attend the one in Singapore, you can do so. Only thing is you are responsible for your own expenses. :)

GaganX

Post by GaganX » Mon, 12 Jan 2009 8:40 pm

hey there, do let me know on how your interview went on saturday as mine is on sunday. And im freaking out man! hahaha.
I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, therefore my heart is pure.

jzmn59

Post by jzmn59 » Mon, 12 Jan 2009 8:52 pm

Hey Gaganx

Round 2 is nervewrecking but as long as you remain composed and not overly confident you will be fine. :)

I've done the assessment day before so hopefully it will help me in my second attempt. :D Good luck to you!!

GaganX

Post by GaganX » Mon, 12 Jan 2009 8:58 pm

If u dnt mind letting me know your experience on your 1st attemp? It would be really usefull for me jzmn59. Thanks in advance!
I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, therefore my heart is pure.

jzmn59

Post by jzmn59 » Mon, 12 Jan 2009 9:17 pm

Sure!!

We got there at 8am but the actual thing starts only at 9am so we stood outside (with heels!!!) for over an hour...

So it started with 2 ROs introducing DXB and they will ask what you know about EK... then they will play some videos and tell you more about life in DXB...You can ask questions if you have any regarding the job etc.

Then you will be assigned a number and grouped accordingly in a group of 10. You will be asked to introduce the person on your left and tell everybody which famous person she/he wants to meet and why. They will give you time to discuss with your neighbour and during this time, we will go out one by one by the window to do a reach test. Then they asked me why i wanna work for EK.

After that was the elimination round 1, and all the boys got the boot... by this time it was already 2pm or so.. you'll be given short breaks in between but its best to bring your own sandwich and drinks. The hotel may provide small snacks but have some ready just in case.

Round 2 kicks off with an english test which takes 1 hr.. after which they will announce the pass/failure rates. In my batch everyone passed.
Then we were grouped into 7 to do another discussion.
This time was to make our own movie and choose who we want as the actor and actress and why.
After the discussion, they will call you up individually to ask what your native language is and if you have any tattoos.

Then it's the second elimination of the day. at this time it was already 4.30pm and only 5 girls were left and all of them were SQ and Jetstar crew.

If i am not wrong, after that they had to do their 16PF in prep for the FI.

:) Long long long day really..

GaganX

Post by GaganX » Mon, 12 Jan 2009 10:39 pm

all the boys got the boot ah!!! wah lau wei!!! omg now im freaking out even more. My god, are the boys good looking? Any idea on why they all got booted out?

jzmn59

Post by jzmn59 » Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:01 pm

hmmm there were only a handful of male applicants... maybe thats why the odds were low..
this time there's about 10? if i am not wrong, judging from last saturday..

anyway not to worry.. i dont think it matters how many guys there are, that shouldnt be the deciding factor.. :)

samtay88

Post by samtay88 » Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:30 pm

can i just ask.. if the person had already apply the Emirates online form, do the person still need to bring along CV for the interview? i have heard someone says that when u already applied the online form den the interviewer will just need ur reference number or something. is that true?

jzmn59

Post by jzmn59 » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 8:45 am

samtay88 wrote:i have heard someone says that when u already applied the online form den the interviewer will just need ur reference number or something.

Not true. If you have applied online and they send you an invite to the Open Day, you will still need to bring these things.

§ a print out of this email invitation;

§ your online App. No;

§ an updated CV along ;

§ 2 passport size photographs;

§ and a full length (head to toe dressed in formal business attire, against a plain background) photograph

samtay88

Post by samtay88 » Wed, 14 Jan 2009 10:49 pm

jzmn59 wrote:

Not true. If you have applied online and they send you an invite to the Open Day, you will still need to bring these things.

§ a print out of this email invitation;

§ your online App. No;

§ an updated CV along ;

§ 2 passport size photographs;

§ and a full length (head to toe dressed in formal business attire, against a plain background) photograph

thank u very much for ur clarification.. :)

jeff2861
Regular
Regular

Post by jeff2861 » Fri, 16 Jan 2009 7:18 pm

GaganX wrote:hey there, do let me know on how your interview went on saturday as mine is on sunday. And im freaking out man! hahaha.
all the best dude..im sure u can do it...

GaganX

Post by GaganX » Fri, 16 Jan 2009 7:36 pm

Hey my man jeff! Thx alot for the word of confidence my fren! Lets all hope that we all shall get what we want this weekend! All the best to u to my fren! Do update me ok! Remember dnt hope, go for it! Nothing is impossible!

GaganX

Post by GaganX » Sat, 17 Jan 2009 8:05 pm

hey! How was the saturday's interview?? Any news?

GaganX

Post by GaganX » Fri, 23 Jan 2009 1:51 am

did anybody get into the final round?

silvara

Post by silvara » Sat, 23 Jan 2010 12:43 pm

i have no idea where is the online application no.