Singapore Expats

car required for frequent golfer?

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
redmondroubaix

car required for frequent golfer?

Post by redmondroubaix » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 7:07 am

Greetings,
I will be arriving in Singapore in mid-January, and will be living in the Ardmore Park condos. I hope to join either Laguna National or Sentosa golf club. Are either of these courses well served by public transport, or will I have to rely on my own car or taxi? I'm asking before I arrive, as a friend has just been called back to the states from Singapore, and would like to sell me his car. I was hoping to forgo a car while in Singapore, but this may be difficult with two school age kids and the golf courses being some distance away. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

cn

Post by cn » Sat, 10 Jan 2009 12:39 pm

hi, owning a car in singapore might be more practical as you have children to bring around and also it will be useful for you to put your golf bag into the boot of your car. If you are looking around, the drop in COE prices recently makes it more affordable to own a car and especially when petrol prices have dropped significantly. [email protected]

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Sat, 10 Jan 2009 3:18 pm

Taxis are very cheap here (well compared to London) On arrival here we had the private phone number of two drivers and for a Year we used them exclusively, you can arrange a fixed rate if you grantee a minimum use per month.

In the end we did get a car more for the convenience of using it as a back up store room for all the prams, beach balls, golf clubs etc.

Some clubs offer a collection and delivery service.