Singapore Expats

Cancel PR, Withdraw CPF live as a LTSVP holder under spouse

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
fimble

Cancel PR, Withdraw CPF live as a LTSVP holder under spouse

Post by fimble » Mon, 05 Jan 2009 5:54 pm

Hi,

I appreciate if somebody can advise on following:

I have been a PR holder under my spouse PR. Our two kids are also PR under my husband. I am considering giving up my PR and withdraw my CPF in order to invest back at my home country. I am aware that once my PR is cancelled I am not able to get PR or EP again unless I put all my CPF + interest back.

I am wondering following :roll:

1)I am able to stay in Singapore as a Long term social visit pass holder with my family if I don't work...?

2)Will my cancelling PR affect status of my husband's and children's PR status...?

Really appreciate advice from someone who have tried this before! :D

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 05 Jan 2009 11:38 pm

The biggest problem is that the gahmen are already aware of that scam and you won't get an LTSVP. You seem to think the ICA is stupid. If you cancel your PR you will get a social visit pass for 14 days and then it's bye-bye. You sure you want to screw up your family like that?

For that matter, even if you had the best qualifications in the world and tried to come back on an EP you would also get denied.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

fimble

Post by fimble » Tue, 06 Jan 2009 9:33 am

I see, that is what I guessed.
Thank you for your opinion!

arksha

Post by arksha » Tue, 06 Jan 2009 10:00 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:The biggest problem is that the gahmen are already aware of that scam and you won't get an LTSVP. You seem to think the ICA is stupid. If you cancel your PR you will get a social visit pass for 14 days and then it's bye-bye. You sure you want to screw up your family like that?

For that matter, even if you had the best qualifications in the world and tried to come back on an EP you would also get denied.
While your message is loud and clear, I think if you are a moderator; you should word your own responses in a better English and not use words like "screw up your family".

smayrhofer
Regular
Regular

Post by smayrhofer » Tue, 06 Jan 2009 10:22 am

I didn't think phrases like 'screw up your family' are bad grammar. Just colloquial.

Not that I'm an english teacher. I could be wrong.

arksha

Post by arksha » Tue, 06 Jan 2009 3:18 pm

Fimble:

Here's the "official" response from CPF website:

You may withdraw your CPF in full if you have are leaving Singapore permanently with no intention of returning to either country for employment or residence. You may apply for withdrawal online under my cpf Online Services - My Requests if you have a SingPass. Alternatively, you can also complete the application form CPF-LM and mail it to us.

To support your application, please mail us photocopies of the relevant supporting documents (as stated on the application form) which must be certified by a Notary Public or an official from the Singapore High Commission.

Cheers and have fun with you family! Hope you can find a new home where you meet polite, cultured people and enjoy a good social life! good luck!

fimble

Post by fimble » Tue, 06 Jan 2009 3:27 pm

Thanks a lot arksha!

I think we will leave as a family soon and don't think will return here again.

This "Once withdraw your CPF and you will never be able to work here again system " tells everything about this place, Singapore Corporation!

Thanks to it, we have saved great amount over past 20 years...now is the time to enjoy it, hahaha...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 07 Jan 2009 12:33 am

fimble wrote:Thanks a lot arksha!

I think we will leave as a family soon and don't think will return here again.

This "Once withdraw your CPF and you will never be able to work here again system " tells everything about this place, Singapore Corporation!

Thanks to it, we have saved great amount over past 20 years...now is the time to enjoy it, hahaha...
Leaving as a family? That's good to hear. At least you won't be 'screwing up your family' that way. :tongue: :devil:

Oh and it's rather funny that you denigrate Singapore in one paragraph and thank it in the next. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers