Singapore Expats

EMIRATES Recruitment January 2009

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
planejane

Post by planejane » Sun, 04 Jan 2009 8:00 pm

A big HELLO to all aspiring FA and cabin crews out there!

Well well, this is my first post! Was wondering if any girls (or guys) are going for Emirates Open Day on 10 Jan?

I'm really excited cause I'll be one of the applicants on that day :lol:
It is my first time ever trying for an airline interview and I don't know what is there to expect really. Just hoping ladyluck will shine with me, though I'm really nervous cause I'm only standing at 156cm so I'm unsure if I could barely reach 212cm. Anyhoo, no try no know yea!!

Anyone who's going for the open day as well, we could go together! Moral support is always healthy! Hahaha. Cheerss! :)

insomanic

i wanna go!!

Post by insomanic » Sun, 04 Jan 2009 10:07 pm

i'm going.... who wanna go with me?

sushsmita
Regular
Regular

Post by sushsmita » Sun, 04 Jan 2009 10:59 pm

hey there :D
i would be going for the interview as well
all the best
lets hope we get lucky... :)
anyways do add me [email protected]

Cheerz!!

planejane

Post by planejane » Mon, 05 Jan 2009 4:15 am

sushsmita wrote:hey there :D
i would be going for the interview as well
all the best
lets hope we get lucky... :)
anyways do add me [email protected]

Cheerz!!
Hello sushsmita! I've added you on msn, we shall chat up more alright!! :D

And to insomanic, I'd certainly love to go with you! Is this your first try with Emirates' interview? :)

insomanic

Post by insomanic » Mon, 05 Jan 2009 2:46 pm

planejane: yeaps... 1st try.... sure, y not?

anyone else? the more the merrier....

add me @ [email protected]

Blur

Post by Blur » Tue, 06 Jan 2009 4:08 am

i am just so worried about my sand flies bitesss.....
got everything prepare... just wondering if they will give me a chance to work in dubai..... :???:

planejane

Post by planejane » Tue, 06 Jan 2009 4:52 am

Hey Blur, I assumed you're also preparing for the open day/assessment day that's coming up very very soon?

Or I might be wrong, you could be preparing for your medicals!

Just one question, when Emirates mean submitting CV during the open day, do we just submit a resume or do we have to include a cover letter (as in, is it necessary for a cover letter)? I'm sorry if my question sounds dumb! :oops:

As far as I'm aware, on Emirates open day, ladies are allowed to wear a business-like blouse/shirt without coat, and hairdo is to be tied-up neatly, regardless a bun or ponytail. Please correct me if I'm wrong here! I think I'll most likely be leaving it as a ponytail cause I'm so bad at doing the bun thing! And as for the bangs, I certainly look weird clipping them or tying them all up totally, is it alright to leave it lying at the corner, it won't be covering my eye, but it'd be covering the right brow. Not too drastic though! Any advises if that's fine?

Thanks alot peeps! :)

absoo.faboo

Post by absoo.faboo » Tue, 06 Jan 2009 2:08 pm

just do some simple french bun with lotsa lotsa spray, imagine, ure an SQ girl goin for EK interview :P

anyway, anyone in PASIR RIS going?

fii0nn
Regular
Regular

Post by fii0nn » Tue, 06 Jan 2009 7:25 pm

everyone seem so excited.. :( i'll onli turn 21 in feb.. do u guys think i can try?

planejane

Post by planejane » Wed, 07 Jan 2009 1:06 am

Seems like I've got no answers if we should submit our CV with a cover letter inside :( Kindly help me out here anyone who's aware of this.

By the way, I was thinking, do I mention that someone that I know of (a close one to me) is in Emirates, and that's one of the reasons why I reckon that Emirates is a great organisation to work in? Or is it not good to mention cause they might be thinking you're trying to pull strings?

absoo.faboo

Post by absoo.faboo » Wed, 07 Jan 2009 12:52 pm

fii0nn wrote:everyone seem so excited.. :( i'll onli turn 21 in feb.. do u guys think i can try?
u can join darling. by the time u were in the training n flyiing ure already 21. go go!

cherylism

Interview on 10Jan09

Post by cherylism » Wed, 07 Jan 2009 4:07 pm

Hi guys!

It's my first post in this forum that i stumbled across while reading up on the Emirates interview. I'm planning to attend this saturday's interview too!!

So anyone going?

I'm kinda nervous about myself cuz i have a small tatt behind my ear (i feel like i wanna cut a bob just so as to be able to cover it).

ahhhhhh. :???:
love your tattoo, uh that's sweet.

pinkish_lace

Post by pinkish_lace » Wed, 07 Jan 2009 4:46 pm

My first post! :D

Anyway i'm at Emirates site now but i cant seems to find the link to career or any recruitment even when i used the search bar. Can someone help? Thanks :)

fii0nn
Regular
Regular

Post by fii0nn » Wed, 07 Jan 2009 7:37 pm

absoo.faboo wrote:
fii0nn wrote:everyone seem so excited.. :( i'll onli turn 21 in feb.. do u guys think i can try?
u can join darling. by the time u were in the training n flyiing ure already 21. go go!
thnx sweets! :)

planejane

Post by planejane » Wed, 07 Jan 2009 10:40 pm

pinkish_lace wrote:My first post! :D

Anyway i'm at Emirates site now but i cant seems to find the link to career or any recruitment even when i used the search bar. Can someone help? Thanks :)
There you go! :)

http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/

Oh by the way, I took my full length and passport sized photos today and was totally displeased with the results. I'm like soooooooo not photogenic! Sigh!!