Singapore Expats

EMIRATES Recruitment January 2009

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pennylim1104

Re: Emirates website

Post by pennylim1104 » Tue, 30 Dec 2008 9:23 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:
pennylim1104 wrote:Anyone know what is the website of Emirates? Tq.
Google it.
singaporegrrl, why so rude? Sorry if I ask sth that u dislike...But pls be polite....u know "budaya"?
Bonne Chance...Garder le sourire ^_^

ahemrmompmlhaaniez
Regular
Regular

Post by ahemrmompmlhaaniez » Tue, 30 Dec 2008 10:50 pm

pennylim1104 wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote:
Google it.
singaporegrrl, why so rude? Sorry if I ask sth that u dislike...But pls be polite....u know "budaya"?
Hi Penny,

Emirates website - www.emirates.com (then select your country)
For career - www.emiratesgroupcareers.com

Hope it helps between Singaporegrrl is not rude but telling you a way to search the answer by your own effort. :)

eLmYrA_1984

Post by eLmYrA_1984 » Wed, 31 Dec 2008 9:41 am

sorry peeps...gotta ask n wud be glad if anyone cud help me resolve it...checkin back on their website it states we can walk in anytime between 9-3 but right below it states CLICK HERE TO REGISTER...so does that means we have to register first in order to attend the interview??... :roll:

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Wed, 31 Dec 2008 2:14 pm

eLmYrA_1984 wrote:sorry peeps...gotta ask n wud be glad if anyone cud help me resolve it...checkin back on their website it states we can walk in anytime between 9-3 but right below it states CLICK HERE TO REGISTER...so does that means we have to register first in order to attend the interview??... :roll:
No, just walk in.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 31 Dec 2008 5:30 pm

pennylim1104 wrote: singaporegrrl, why so rude? Sorry if I ask sth that u dislike...But pls be polite....u know "budaya"?
singaporegrrl didn't say anything rude, if you can't find an address all you have to do is use google (at least for well known companies), is that so difficult? :roll:

hannna

Post by hannna » Fri, 02 Jan 2009 10:26 am

pennylim1104 wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote:
Google it.
Hmm.. she seems quite rude to me. If you're not gonna answer her question then do her a favour and don't. Even if you want to push her in the right direction, you could have at least said it better. "hey.. why not you google for it? :)" orrr if you want to stick to your original reply, you can add a little smiley face. They're invented for a good reason but if typing in a colon and a bracket is too difficult..haha oh well. If you need an example, look ahemrmompmlhaaniez who defended you. Not the mod though. He's another one, always giving lots of comments that will make your eyes rolllll..haha ;p (ohhh I'm going to kena! hahah)

Anyway, I'm just suggestinggg ok..hate comments like "you're not her mother you can't tell her what to do" will be ignored. There is no harm being a little nicer if your main intention is to help people.

To pennylim1104: I guess that's how these people are.. seems that way in most threads I've read. If you ask something about qualifications, walk-ins, websites and any other information that are readily available, be prepared for a scathing reply, especially if they're having a bad day ;)

to singaporegrrl: Jangan jawab soalan merepek la kalau tak suke, ok? Takde orang pakse pe. :roll:

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Fri, 02 Jan 2009 4:22 pm

Hmm if you think the way I say seems rude, then don't bother applying for this job. Seriously I'm sorry if I sound rude but something as simple as finding a website shows how initiative you are. This job requires a lot of initiative and if you can't do that from the start, I'm not sure how it's gonna work for you. It's a harsh little world up there. I have posted up so many posts on tips on what you can do to get yourself this job. I'm constantly repeating this; RESEARCH. Don't expect to be spoodfed ALL THE TIME onboard. Do youself a favour and you'll get far.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 02 Jan 2009 5:26 pm

hannna wrote:
Hmm.. she seems quite rude to me. If you're not gonna answer her question then do her a favour and don't. Even if you want to push her in the right direction', you could have at least said it better. "hey.. why not you google for it? :)"
Hanna,
As I said before singaporegrrl was in no way rude, all she said was 'google it' which if the poster concerned had used just that little bit of common sense she would have done! Nothing to do 'with pushing somebody in the right direction or smiley faces.

Should you care to google emirates airlines it is the first thing that comes up. Suppose Penny Lim was in a country where English is not widely spoken and got lost (such happens to flight attendants) what would she do? There is a simple answer. Anybody who is any serious about being a flight attendant should remember you will have to think for yourself both in the air and on the ground as a variety of scenarios and people will come your way.
Last edited by Plavt on Sat, 03 Jan 2009 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hannna

Post by hannna » Fri, 02 Jan 2009 7:50 pm

Hahah eh hello singaporegrrrrrl..I've dealt with people worse than u laaa so don't think so highly of yourself! It's a harsh little world up there? Hahahah it's harsh everywhere la girl don't be so naive. In the first place, I'm not the one with the problem of finding the website so spare me (and the others out there) a lecture on initiative. Since you posted SO MANY TIPS already..why give another? No one asked you for one! If we want to find your valuable tips, we can always google it, right? :lol:

All she wanted to know was the website. Either you give it to her or you don't. So simple...why must you delve so deep into it??? You are totally deviating from my point. All I said was you could be a little nicer...that's all! Haha then kena lecture abt initiative la spoonfeeding la. Sigh. When someone asks, you don't want to answer. When someone don't wanna know, you give them a lecture. Jangan melebih boleh tak?

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Fri, 02 Jan 2009 8:00 pm

Hmm sorry if you don't get mine and Plavt's point. I shall not bother giving my way of help which you see as a rude gesture. If you find my 2 years of flying experience as naive, I'm terribly sorry.

hannna

Post by hannna » Fri, 02 Jan 2009 9:38 pm

Since you are 'hell bent' on being both abusive and disruptive I am locking your account.

Moderator.

"Our take on punk is really just fun: it's fun to offend people and do what we want to. But it isn't that offensive. We make music for ourselves and everybody else who gets it. It's a lifestyle scene. If you don't get it you don't have to listen."- T.D.

yul

Post by yul » Sat, 03 Jan 2009 2:39 am

singaporegrrl wrote:Hmm sorry if you don't get mine and Plavt's point. I shall not bother giving my way of help which you see as a rude gesture. If you find my 2 years of flying experience as naive, I'm terribly sorry.
gosh...really don't think an answer of "Google it." makes that much of misunderstanding@@
To me, when i see the answer "Google it", I will feel like "Ohya...why don't i google it >.<ll"....Moreover, to understand the airlines that we have a keen desire to join, we shall always take the first step to understand that airlines.

Anyway, I think our moderator took the correct action~
Peace to the word and to the forum as well~ :wink:
Schönheit ist Macht, ein Lächeln ist ihr Schwert.

wishforluck

Post by wishforluck » Sat, 03 Jan 2009 3:20 am

Hi all,

can i ask roughly how tall it'll be for a arm reach of 212 cms (on tip toes)?

I know everyone has got different arm length but juz need to find out its abt roughly which height.

pennylim1104

Post by pennylim1104 » Sat, 03 Jan 2009 7:54 pm

Oh my god? What really happen at here actually? Just back to this forum and I was shocked by the recently posts.
Firstly, my apologies for late reply...and the misunderstanding to singaporegrrl....because of these sentence as below:

Google it.

I didnt read all the posts properly from begin..and asked some "weird"question...and then I thought that singaporegrll answered me"Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak"...actually this is her quote..rite? Actually I know how to find website...but dont know why ask that kind of question!

To singaporegrrl and Hanna: So sorry for what happen....hope peace still exist....
Bonne Chance...Garder le sourire ^_^

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Sat, 03 Jan 2009 8:11 pm

Not open to steward?