Singapore Expats

Free Image Hosting Sites

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.

Free Image Hosting Sites

Post by Guest » Thu, 17 Feb 2005 5:08 am

Anyone knows of good image hosting sites?

Requirements:
1. FREE
2. Unlimited Bandwidth
3. Large Storage Space: 500MB
4. Manageable images. ie. Able to delete unwanted images
5. 24/7

Pkchukiss

Post by Pkchukiss » Sun, 20 Feb 2005 2:43 am

ImageShack.us does not impose any limit on the disk space of your images, but dictates that you use an image no larger than 1 megabyte.

The terms and conditions also allow you to use the bandwidth on the server for use in hotlinking in online forums, and other uses. There is also a gallery function that allow users to browse and comment on the images, exactly as if they were in a picture museum.

ImageShack.us
Ignorant no more
Visit my blog here

Post by Guest » Sun, 20 Feb 2005 6:44 pm

Thanks, pkchukiss.

However, like most servers with these features, they are unable to allow uploaders to delete their own pictures.

ImageShack.us is equivalent to blogger's own photo server. Upload and its there almost permanently!

Pkchukiss

Post by Pkchukiss » Sun, 20 Feb 2005 9:04 pm

Contrary to what you said, ImageShack does allow you to delete your images, if you prove to their servers that it is your image... by registering for an account, and uploading all the images under that account.

Let me put it in their own words:
Generally, it is not necessary to delete a picture that you no longer have use for, or one that you accidentally upload. This is because ImageShack® has enough harddrive space to accomodate your needs, and then some.

However, If your image or any image that you find violates the Terms of Service, please report it by visiting the image's respective my.php address and clicking "Report Abuse". A my.php address looks like this: http://img10.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img10&im ... shack3.png.

You can also report an image by Contacting ImageShack and by selecting Image Deleting Request in the drop down menu.

You will be able to delete your own images if you Register an Account.
Ignorant no more
Visit my blog here

Post by Guest » Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:41 pm

Thanks. ImageShack serves my purpose!

destiny

Post by destiny » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:09 pm

there's also one at www.myimagehub.com

Oceanworld

Post by Oceanworld » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 7:50 am

Upload Video, Flash, and Images
.jpg .gif .png - 2mb
.wmv .avi .mpg .mov .asf .swf - 10mb