Singapore Expats

INFORMATION REQUIRED ABOUT EP AND LANDED PR ----URGENT

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
vava

INFORMATION REQUIRED ABOUT EP AND LANDED PR ----URGENT

Post by vava » Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:53 pm

I am an Indian citizen and currently under student pass in Singapore. I have completed Masters from one of the private institute in Singapore and I have six months experience .

I am searching for a suitable job for the past 4 months. my friends are also searching . I ve sent more than 1000 application to the employer & recruitment agencies. i passed interviews in some companies . But companies are not ready to offer EP. we spent a lot of money for studying here and not getting a job here.

Does anybody know comapies ready to give EP to student pass holders.

Any employer is ready to employ an indian citizen...d??is it tht tough to get a job in Singapore??

im really tensed..i dont want to go back home without getting a job

plzz help me...i ve tried almost all the jobs website like jobsdb,singaporjobsonline,jobstreet.com,clasijob....but no use

tell me is there any other source to find a job in singapore.....plzz advice.

I read about Landed PR in some messages. Can anyone give me full deteils about Landed PR ? i am a fresh mba holder. will i get that?

Thanks
vava
:D :D

DMA

Career

Post by DMA » Thu, 17 Feb 2005 4:09 pm

Hi,

my company can offer you a career but not so sure about an EP. that got to discuss with my boss. Can you leave me your e-mail so i can contact you?

sandra

Thanks a lot

Post by sandra » Thu, 17 Feb 2005 4:54 pm

Hi DMA,

Thanks a lot for your response. my e-mail id is [email protected]. I will be very grateful if you can get me a job here.

Waiting for your mail.

Thanks

Vava

expat

Post by expat » Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:17 pm

Hi Va Va

Normally LPR is applied when you are not in Singapore and you dont have any job offer from a sing company as well, but your skills, education, experience and income level may be attractive enough, that immigration may consider to be a potential for local economy and society and grant an AIP LPR.

Further even you get a AIP LPR (Approcal-In-Principle, Landed PR), you still would need to fulfill condition of either getting a job in Singapore or settling with your whole family, to be granted a Full PR. (AIP LPR is not a FULL PR)

So considering above rough explanition and since you are already in Singapore and have studied here too, so best way would be to apply for job and get some sponsorship and get EP, and after a while you may apply for full PR.

I hope I didnt sound like a teacher teaching a kid. :))))))))))))

I wish you all the best.

expat

san

re

Post by san » Sat, 19 Feb 2005 5:08 pm

Hi
thanks a lot for your information.
it was very helpful

i would like to know about the companies which are ready to hire foreigners. please provide some useful information .........

san

expat

Post by expat » Sat, 19 Feb 2005 6:39 pm

Hi Sam

Precisely would be difficult to name the companies who want to hire foreigners. Obviously MNCs in Singapore may be the ones to approach, however my personal experience suggest that chances are not bright.

But I think if you have the right ingredients for a certain job, companies would be interested to talk to you, but keep in mind that sponsorship for EP would not be easy to get, as only copmpanies who have the capibilities to prove their standings as a potential employer (interms of their successful operations and business) can hire people from outside and sponsor a EP, as otherwise immigration would not approve. So you can imagine not every other company can do so, that is why companies dont tend to go for EPs.

Frankly speaking if you have good education, experience, skills and good income level, would be better you apply for AIP LPR (if you are at present outside of Singapore).

Once you get AIP LPR, you would have better chances of getting a good job, since that makes you eligible to stay, find job, show the approval letter to potential employers (approval letter also advise you to show the letter to your potential employers for getting the job) and obviously get a good job.

hope above helps.

Good luck

expat

sam

Post by sam » Sat, 19 Feb 2005 11:34 pm

hi expat ,

some poeple are saying that landed PR is only for HKs . so i am really confused about that. i am currently under student pass here. so i cant aplly for LPR , na?

I heard that companies has to incur lots of expenses like deposit , insurance etc . to hire a foreigner or a student pass holder. Anyone please give me some informations about that?

If the foreigner is willing to pay these expenses , can a company give EP to an expat? or they can cut that from monthly salry , na?

I am just asking about the possibilies

please respond

sam

expat

Post by expat » Sat, 19 Feb 2005 11:54 pm

Well yes AIP LPR is for HK, however you may have read the thread on this forum from Eric of Netherlands. He got AIP LPR too, so I dont think should be any bar on that for you too.

As for as possibilities you have mentioned, well ........ employers going that far to sponsor anybody EP, I dont think it is practical. Sounds like monkey business (please dont take in any other sense). I may be wrong though.

May be you are not focussing on specific set of employment opportunities and doing window shopping all over (may be).

As you have studied here, you will surely get a job.

Take my words seriously na :)))))

expat

expat

Post by expat » Sat, 19 Feb 2005 11:56 pm

Well yes AIP LPR is for HK, however you may have read the thread on this forum from Eric of Netherlands. He got AIP LPR too, so I dont think should be any bar on that for you too.

As for as possibilities you have mentioned, well ........ employers going that far to sponsor anybody EP, I dont think it is practical. Sounds like monkey business (please dont take in any other sense). I may be wrong though.

May be you are not focussing on specific set of employment opportunities and doing window shopping all over (may be).

As you have studied here, you will surely get a job.

Take my words seriously na :)))))

expat

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 20 Feb 2005 8:31 am

Eric from the Netherlands got his PR because he has a Singaporean wife. If you've got one, too, then you're in. If not, you ought to read the immigration website to get the facts, instead of opinions.

http://app.ica.gov.sg/serv_pr/per_res/app_for_pr.asp

You'll find that the following can apply

Spouse/Child of a SC/SPR
Aged Parent of a SC
P, Q or S Work Pass Holder - with successful, stable record
Investor/Entrepreneur
Financial Investor Scheme
Persons born in Hong Kong or who can show proof that they have or used to have rights of abode in Hong Kong

So, if you're not one of those, you can forget about applying for PR.

As for EP, companies don't "give" EP's, the Singaporean government controls immigration. Comapnies must submit documents to MoM to gain approval for an EP as to why they can't find local talent. They must maintain the correct ratio of EP's to locals. Companies would like to hire foreign workers. They can't because of immigration controls. So, companies will only apply for an EP for a person when they cannot find the skills here.

expat

Post by expat » Sun, 20 Feb 2005 9:08 am

Yes you may check with immigration to realy understand. Also one more source to get info on AIP LPR is following website link

http://www.smcmc.com/immigration/immigration.html

That may provide you some help in understanding your situation too.

Good luck

expat

tvar

Re: INFORMATION REQUIRED ABOUT EP AND LANDED PR ----URGENT

Post by tvar » Fri, 01 Aug 2008 10:46 pm

In my case i have completed nursing degree from a private institute in singapore and from the university which i got the degree is well known university in australia. i am an indian citizen also. For me it seems that there is a huge difficulty to get nursing job in singapore. the system is so complicated, i mean in order to get a nursing job in singapore i need to have snb registration, the snb registration simply cannot get, it requires a nursing job plus i have to pass the nursing board exam, that is okay. but if i get a job only i can sit for the exam and i have already given lot of applications to various hospitals and agencies but so far no use, what to do. i have experience in india and the hospitals and agencies requires pr to forward the application why it is so cruel, i mean after getting a job only i can apply for a pr and there is salary barrier too. is it so difficult to get a nursing job in singapore. also i have spent lot of money for this degree course. if anybody can help me please help me

maasgar

Regarding Eagle's Comments

Post by maasgar » Sun, 03 Aug 2008 4:03 pm

Hi Eagle,

I visited the ICA website and found some information regarding AIP LPR.

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid= ... ligibility

It does not mention any specific eligibility for HK citizens. Rather it mentions the following, as I quote:

"Foreigners residing outside Singapore who are interested to study, work and live in Singapore may apply for in-principle approval for permanent residence by submitting an application through SMC Management Consultants Pte Ltd in Singapore provided they satisfy certain guidelines."

Please notice the last two words in the quotation; "certain guidelines".

Seems, the guidelines vary from person to person and are completely subject to ICA's discretion.

So, "in principle", AIP-LPR is open to all. No? :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Regarding Eagle's Comments

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 03 Aug 2008 5:09 pm

maasgar wrote:Hi Eagle,

I visited the ICA website and found some information regarding AIP LPR.

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid= ... ligibility

It does not mention any specific eligibility for HK citizens. Rather it mentions the following, as I quote:

"Foreigners residing outside Singapore who are interested to study, work and live in Singapore may apply for in-principle approval for permanent residence by submitting an application through SMC Management Consultants Pte Ltd in Singapore provided they satisfy certain guidelines."

Please notice the last two words in the quotation; "certain guidelines".

Seems, the guidelines vary from person to person and are completely subject to ICA's discretion.

So, "in principle", AIP-LPR is open to all. No? :)
Guess it's obvious you didn't read this thread as closely as you read the SMC site did you? The post you are referring to is already over three years old. :roll:

In the period between 1997 and 2005 it was primarily used by Hong Kongers after the return of HK to PRC. The other big user of this has been the Indonesian Chinese. While it's open to all, you have to actually look at the posts before you make yourself look rather silly.

:wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

tvar

Re: INFORMATION REQUIRED ABOUT EP AND LANDED PR ----URGENT

Post by tvar » Thu, 04 Sep 2008 5:28 pm

tvar wrote:In my case i have completed nursing degree from a private institute in singapore and from the university which i got the degree is well known university in australia. i am an indian citizen also. For me it seems that there is a huge difficulty to get nursing job in singapore. the system is so complicated, i mean in order to get a nursing job in singapore i need to have snb registration, the snb registration simply cannot get, it requires a nursing job plus i have to pass the nursing board exam, that is okay. but if i get a job only i can sit for the exam and i have already given lot of applications to various hospitals and agencies but so far no use, what to do. i have experience in india and the hospitals and agencies requires pr to forward the application why it is so cruel, i mean after getting a job only i can apply for a pr and there is salary barrier too. is it so difficult to get a nursing job in singapore. also i have spent lot of money for this degree course. if anybody can help me please help me
For everybody's information i got job in nursing feild